You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is shove correct or can I call?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Just for arguments sake we lead call flop with the world draw.

We generate a pot of £28.11 with effective stack of £53 back going to turn.

What are we doing @ turn when brick hits?  (We obv arent folding flop).  Are we c/c ing to c/f river when given direct odds?  Or are we dredging along with 50% less equity when he bets £19 - 22?  Or given implied odds are we going to call a larger bet regardless?

This is my issue with the hand, not oppo FE when we shove flop.  It will be our own tendancy to flat another street regardless on a brick, or struggle to get value on a ridic obv board on turn/river.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Is shove correct or can I call?:
    Just for arguments sake we lead call flop with the world draw. We generate a pot of £28.11 with effective stack of £53 back going to turn. What are we doing @ turn when brick hits?  (We obv arent folding flop).  Are we c/c ing to c/f river when given direct odds?  Or are we dredging along with 50% less equity when he bets £19 - 22?  Or given implied odds are we going to call a larger bet regardless? This is my issue with the hand, not oppo FE when we shove flop.  It will be our own tendancy to flat another street regardless on a brick, or struggle to get value on a ridic obv board on turn/river.
    Posted by AMYBR

Sir, I concur.
  • edited February 2012
    If we have the direct odds to call with draw, then it can never be wrong to call
    If we miss, then we miss )
  • edited February 2012
    normally i am happy with the shove on the flop.  if i was the villain in the hand you would a shove would be 100% correct

the points myself and ben are making are completely villain dependent because we have played thousands of hands with him and he is never folding and never losing in this spot.

all points made are completely relevant in most situations....just not against this villain.  his range is so polarised that it changes our thinking on the hand and despite having a huge draw we still arent favourite to win the hand