You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KEEPING TOURNAMENTS AND PASSWORDS SECRET

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

I would like to know what everyone thinks about this subject in particular the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FREEROLL last night.

I think Sky must put it on to encourage poker players to go to Sky Bet and vice versa although they didnt put it in the freeroll section for some reason.

Last night a post came on the forum asking what the password was and he/she was told it was private Invite only.

When the person asked how you get an invite he/she was told some get invited one week and others the next week.

Eventually someone came on and directed the person to the password.

I have seen similar posts about Super Six as well

Then he / she was encouraged to delete the thread.

Other forums I have been in always share this news with each other as after all it is a community of friends.

Anyway do you agree with me or not.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I actually haven't voted because I personally think it depends on the circumstances. 

If its a tournament that is truly by invitation only, i.e. its sent to certain players by email then I don't think anyone should reveal the password on the forum or in private messages.  However if its a tournament where the password is available somewhere on the site then I don't see any harm in people being directed to that part of the site for the password.
  • edited November 2009
    TBH, if they're invite tourneys then they should be just that in my opinion. I do think that sometimes the problems with people not getting sent passwords/invites is probably down to their account settings, i.e. not opted in to receive promo info and the like
  • edited November 2009

I,m not talking about invite tourneys, I am talking about the freerolls and gave an example of two above.

• edited November 2009
    IMO ANY tournament that needs a password IS invitational otherwise why issue a password?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: KEEPING TOURNAMENTS AND PASSWORDS SECRET:
    I,m not talking about invite tourneys, I am talking about the freerolls and gave an example of two above.
    Posted by Torryladd
    Yeah fair enough, if like the CL FR last night, the password is openly available on the site then I don't see any problem in pointing people in the right direction. As a matter of preference I wouldn't just tell someone what the password is but would point them where to find it as it's clearly a marketing strategy to get people using other parts of the site.

With regards to the super 6 FR, this is an invite only tourney so I wouldn't give out the password but would point them in the direction of Barry's thread about it instead.
  • edited November 2009
    they should be secret, but its really nice when your skint and sum1 offers u a bit of help, but i see what ur sayin.
  • edited November 2009

It was a promotion for all, not a certain few

• edited November 2009
    Hi Bob,
    When I enter the super six I am directed to the password after picking the scores I have never waited for the e mail.

Lorraine

In Response to Re: KEEPING TOURNAMENTS AND PASSWORDS SECRET : Yeah fair enough, if like the CL FR last night, the password is openly available on the site then I don't see any problem in pointing people in the right direction. As a matter of preference I wouldn't just tell someone what the password is but would point them where to find it as it's clearly a marketing strategy to get people using other parts of the site. With regards to the super 6 FR, this is an invite only tourney so I wouldn't give out the password but would point them in the direction of Barry's thread about it instead.
    Posted by silentbob
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Torry

The SUPER6 isnt exactly a secret, it is open to everyone who plays SUPER6 free of charge, Rich actualy directed us all to this, and therefore made public knowledge and for this reason, I created the thread when that particular question raised so that as many people as poss could play SUPER6, and get the password, however, there may be ceratin tournies like the one Sky Poker run that is only for the top 150 point earners in each category of poker players are able to play, would it be right for one of those players to issue the password? I believe that locked freerolls that are not made public shoild not be given, they are done for a reason.
  • edited November 2009
    i posted where to get the password there was no harm done if you knew where to look this was available there was no private e mail or otherwise  so why not share this with whoever i want all you had to do was go to promotions and fallow instructions a lot of players dont use sky bet so would not have found the password it was a freeroll so what was the problem i   see a lot of people on this site as friends i wasnt giving out a private password  only the directions as to where it was to be found if i caused any inconvienience i apologise to everyone concerned but if i did anything wrong im sure sky would have been in touch
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Bob, When I enter the super six I am directed to the password after picking the scores I have never waited for the e mail. Lorraine In Response to Re: KEEPING TOURNAMENTS AND PASSWORDS SECRET :
    Posted by Torryladd
    You've just answered your own question there Torry. The super 6 FR is for players who play the super 6 like yourself which is why it's got a password. It's all part of the promotional budget from Sky to get people using all parts of their site(s), which is why I wouldn't just give out the password to the super 6 because it is, in essence an invitational tourney (albeit one that is actually open to everyone who can be bothered to play the super 6 each week)
  • edited November 2009
    if its password protected then you dont reveal it, it really is that simple as that imo
  • edited November 2009

You miss my point, I am not saying hand out the password but help people find the link to get it on there on which was not done last night as you know IMO

if its password protected then you dont reveal it, it really is that simple as that imo
    Posted by webby234
  • edited November 2009
    The top 150 is not password protected if your name is not there it will not let you register similar to the posters freeroll.

Hi Torry The SUPER6 isnt exactly a secret, it is open to everyone who plays SUPER6 free of charge, Rich actualy directed us all to this, and therefore made public knowledge and for this reason, I created the thread when that particular question raised so that as many people as poss could play SUPER6, and get the password, however, there may be ceratin tournies like the one Sky Poker run that is only for the top 150 point earners in each category of poker players are able to play, would it be right for one of those players to issue the password? I believe that locked freerolls that are not made public shoild not be given, they are done for a reason.
    Posted by acebarry10
  • edited November 2009
    yesterday i never knew there was a link to the password untill papparon posted it, if there is a link hidden in the site then why point people in the right direction, surely sky will want people to search for it otherwise why would they have hidden it?
  • edited November 2009
    think     the  top  50  from  each  catorgory    is  fine   so  ther  can  play  some good  poker  they  dont  want it a  free  for  all   were  tthey  geting  all  the  donks  and  lunatics  all  in  every hand
  • edited November 2009
    first of all i seem to have offended some of you which i never meant to i only thought i was helping you all by pointing you in the right direction i know a lot of players dont use sky bet .which i do i knew the password was there. so posted the directions on the forum a lot of players only use sky poker and would never have  found out the password i only thought i was helping by pointing people in the right  direction so if i  caused any problems it wasnt meant like that only to help
  • edited November 2009
    I think you were spot on and very helpful.

xxx
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Torryladd

Interesting one.

If you have qualified for an event then i have no problem giving the password or its location.

But how do you know if someone has qualified, lots of freeloaders on here, will be close to 2000 in shed freeroll tonight, never that many when it costs points to enter.

But i also have noticed that some members actively discourage information about freerolls being posted and imo this is wrong. 
  • edited November 2009
    As the song goes 'thats what friends are for' As long as nobody finds out its ok (i have very high morals lol)
  • edited November 2009

You always make me smile lol

As the song goes 'thats what friends are for' As long as nobody finds out its ok (i have very high morals lol)
    Posted by loonytoons
  • edited November 2009
    This must be the only forum where you can't get a password lol, go 2 any of the others and the forum itself will post them of the members will take care of each other and show the rest of the "Community" how to get in to these tourny's.

I don't really try to get passwords but it would be common place in most forums to pass these between members.
  • edited November 2009
    This must be the only forum where you can't get a password lol, go 2 any of the others and the forum itself will post them of the members will take care of each other and show the rest of the "Community" how to get in to these tourny's. I don't really try to get passwords but it would be common place in most forums to pass these between members.
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    If you do that here the mods will remove the post and give you a good spanking.
  • edited November 2009
    If the link is somewhere on the site then where is the problem in revealing it's location?
    On the down side, do you want share this, thereby getting more people to play and reducing your own chance of winning? lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: KEEPING TOURNAMENTS AND PASSWORDS SECRET : If you do that here the mods will remove the post and give you a good spanking.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Just a general comment, i'm not really interested in playing super 6 etc
  • edited November 2009
    I think you were spot on and very helpful. xxx
    Posted by Torryladd
    +1 i totally agree with you and paparon
  • edited November 2009
    Cheeeeeers Debs

xx
  • edited November 2009

I would like to take part in this tourney...what do i have to do to get the password?

P.s I know its stupied question ( I did search for clues and information everywhere in the forum)

• edited November 2009
    I would like to take part in this tourney...what do i have to do to get the password? P.s I know its stupied question ( I did search for clues and information everywhere in the forum)
    Posted by Raak

Hello m8, if you are talking about the super6 freeroll,

It is by invite. If you do the super6 on sky sports you get a e-mail which directs you to the password.

so go and give super6 a try, it dont cost nothing and you can win £100,000 or £5,000.

all that is required is to register,

ps......not every1 recieves a link to the password within their e-mail.

see you in super6 freeroll if I recieve my e-mail.

good luck