You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did i shove too early in this DYM?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Did i shove too early in this DYM?:
    The information we have is that the opponent has been shoving since level 1 - Third post in the thread - so we can't make any assumptions about him being passive. Besides this, our problem is that, because we'll be first to act on the flop, we'll be forced to gamble whether our opponent has missed or no, on those 2/3 occasions that we miss. We'll have to lead out on KJ3 boards and cross our fingers that our opponent folds. That's a very -EV play, especially playing DYM's where half the field is paid and moreso in this spot, one elimination from getting paid. The fold is definitely best against this player, then the shove. I wouldn't even contemplate limping or raising.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    FWIW I agree, wait for made hand and wait for manaic to undo trousers

but

depends what has oppo been shoving and what streets
    or just a maniac shoving from level 1- open shoving op ?
  • edited February 2012

loaded up 4x 3.30 dyms and dudenit keeps raising my bb

sigh

• edited February 2012

I don't know what FWIW means, but good, we agree... I don't want to see anyone undoing their trousers though.

• edited February 2012
    I don't know what FWIW means, but good, we agree... I don't want to see anyone undoing their trousers though.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    fwiw means for what its worth

and +1 to the trousers
  • edited February 2012
    The information we have is that the opponent has been shoving since level 1 - Third post in the thread - so we can't make any assumptions about him being passive. Besides this, our problem is that, because we'll be first to act on the flop, we'll be forced to gamble whether our opponent has missed or no, on those 2/3 occasions that we miss. We'll have to lead out on KJ3 boards and cross our fingers that our opponent folds. That's a very -EV play, especially playing DYM's where half the field is paid and moreso in this spot, one elimination from getting paid. The fold is definitely best against this player, then the shove. I wouldn't even contemplate limping or raising.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    When i say call I have no intention of bluffing a missed flop, it is a mere 50 chip risk
  • edited February 2012
    loaded up 4x 3.30 dyms and dudenit keeps raising my bb sigh
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Can you kindly go to the £5.50 level please.
  • edited February 2012
    No, no I know what you're saying. That post was addressing the possibilty of the raise pre-flop. Sorry I didn't make that clear.
  • edited February 2012
    No, no I know what you're saying. That post was addressing the possibilty of the raise pre-flop. Sorry I didn't make that clear.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Oh ok, I do agree that a fold is better than a shove and that a raise is bordering on suicidal, I just think for a mere 50 chips it is worth looking to hit a piece of the flop vs the sort of oppo who'll call weak post flop
  • edited February 2012
    i'll try and reply to everyone at once as i'm in a bit of a rush

thinking it over i'm pretty certain that its call > fold > shove > raise

obv maniac is wrong description, lets just describe villain as loose

vs most players i back my post flop ability and this is why my pre flop range is far larger in the early stages of dyms than any other reg i can think of.

if i've missed anything i apologise and i'll reply again later
  • edited February 2012
    You're the shortest stack, and for that reason, I don't mind this shove, even though you have 18 big blinds. You're really unlucky that the big stack has made a terrible call and hit, but you usually scoop the pot uncontested here.
  • edited February 2012
    i'll try and reply to everyone at once as i'm in a bit of a rush thinking it over i'm pretty certain that its call > fold > shove > raise obv maniac is wrong description, lets just describe villain as loose vs most players i back my post flop ability and this is why my pre flop range is far larger in the early stages of dyms than any other reg i can think of. if i've missed anything i apologise and i'll reply again later
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Cool so now we do agree properly : )

BTW my range is pretty wide too as I think it's an underestimated strategy
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Did i shove too early in this DYM? : Cool so now we do agree properly : ) BTW my range is pretty wide too as I think it's an underestimated strategy
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    mmmm flatting here versus loose oppo with this kind of range does have massive benefits

With calling oop pre you gotta be loving your post flop play
    Think raising pre oop you gotta be very confident in your post flop, or maybe just over confident :()

call />fold>shove>raise

devils advocate :)

• edited February 2012
    Dont hate a shove.

But think I make it 350 to isolate limper vs blinds, betting 325-375 on any flop.  Still having 11bb auto shoving stack when goes south.

But when later seats are massive stations I just fold and wait for better spots.

Guy limp calling 73 is just the worst.  If happy gambling with his comfortable stack should just be shipping.  I would be :p
  • edited February 2012
    Cheers for all your commrnts guys, it has certainly helped.
    Currently running at 6 straight cashes on £1 DYM's, but as we all know this wont last too long !