You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - KK, ever considering folding here?

edited February 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Big stack hasn't been limping since first level so put him in decent catorgory, apart from that no solid reads.

Basically is short stack short enough to consider him dead plus fact limper might not fold...

Dudeskin8Small blind 75.0075.002362.50
richard925Big blind 150.00225.00850.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

ja2ja2Call 150.00375.001675.00
mysteron55Raise 600.00975.006137.50
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited February 2012
    In Response to DYM - KK, ever considering folding here?:
    Big stack hasn't been limping since first level so put him in decent catorgory, apart from that no solid reads. Basically is short stack short enough to consider him dead plus fact limper might not fold... Dudeskin8 Small blind   75.00 75.00 2362.50 richard925 Big blind   150.00 225.00 850.00   Your hole cards K K       ja2ja2 Call   150.00 375.00 1675.00 mysteron55 Raise   600.00 975.00 6137.50 Dudeskin8
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Now this one is a toughie, i think I just about fold.
  • edited February 2012
    Didn't I just see you referred to as "Dudenit"? I think this may be an example of that... No, I can't fold KK here, or in almost any other spot pre-flop... maybe a cold 6-bet all-in. :)
  • edited February 2012
    13bbs.. you cant feel overly confident you'll cash if you nit fold in any case.

Am always reshipping here.
  • edited February 2012
    I think re-shove, double up most of the time and you're up to 4,600 chips, then you can easily fold into the money. Either that or everyone folds and you're up to 3k. I see a lot of players do that with ATC once they have such a big stack in a DYM, just to try and knock people out as quick as possible.
  • edited February 2012
    I think this is one of those spots where the higher the buyin the more chance I have of shoving lol
  • edited February 2012
    actually thinking about folding kk with 13 bigs is laughable dym or not 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM - KK, ever considering folding here?:
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    It's not laughable given the oppo's stack sizes
  • edited February 2012
    Kings r good, but don't mind the tight fold
  • edited February 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    u r so far wrong i'm not even gonna bother tryin 2 correct u
  • edited February 2012
    I jamming it in all their eyes.
  • edited February 2012

f.it fold and watch in horror as BB doubles up with a pr of sixes or something. I dont mind calling (oh no) if I think BB is coming along but if hes anything decent he should find plenty of folds once he see you call.
    Its likely the limper will fold if you do, even fisher players here should know not to be call the raise but who knows.
    So id go into fold for a prize mode.

• edited February 2012
    Do we have any fold equity against mysteron?

Or is he 1 of those big stacks that just goes mental in this position & tries to finish the game asap?

Ideal scenario is we shove with KK & fold out his equity?

It's like the opposite of a semi bluff. We can shove hoping for a fold if called then meh, we've likely got 70%+ equity to fall back on ;)

.....only in a dym eh :P  .........
  • edited February 2012
    Do we have any fold equity against mysteron? Or is he 1 of those big stacks that just goes mental in this position & tries to finish the game asap? Ideal scenario is we shove with KK & fold out his equity? It's like the opposite of a semi bluff. We can shove hoping for a fold if called then meh, we've likely got 70%+ equity to fall back on ;) .....only in a dym eh :P  .........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    He has 6000+ chips and hes still playing hands he either unlikely knows what he is doing since he has close to maximum equity in this game as it is or he is just splashing around and having fun, niether or which makes me think we have FE here.
  • edited February 2012
  • edited February 2012
    Even if range is 30% - 22+,A2+,K5s+,K8o+,Q9s+,QJo,JTs - still fold

DYM's are so awful )

• edited February 2012
    Yeah its a sigh fold for me.Think big stack calls with most aces and pairs  so for me its a fold.Not good on percentages but think more chance of cashing if fold.
  • edited February 2012

folding kk pre is just wrong

• edited February 2012
    have to shove.

aa is at the top of his range and even if he flips it over u still got outs.

i looks like ak/ qq over

plus he on button looks like steal repot or allin standard in this spot.
  • edited February 2012
    shanxta i know what ya gonna say u can fold this and let the small stack lose hes chips no need to play if there is some 1 shorter stacked then u on the table right but u have kk and ya folding so basically ya gonna fold every single hand then to try and cash its far to nitty 
  • edited February 2012

While you would not fold KK in a MTT or cash ever

There are specific situations only In a DYM where you have to nit fold

I am no expert but up to a few weeks ago I would never fold this but now I would )

Only hand I shove here is AA – simples

• edited February 2012
    surely short stack/monster stack dynamic is something of a double edged sword. For me,  the shorty is roughly as likely to get dbl or trebled up as he is to bust. ( since he is almost g'teed to get called if he shoves against big stack )

If this happens we will surely regret folding here. I can't fold - but maybe that's why I rarely play these anymore.
  • edited February 2012
    i absolutly suck at dyms. just cant get my head around playing for 3rd!!! so do opposite to me and you will do just fine. ps i jam :-)
  • edited February 2012
    shanxta i know what ya gonna say u can fold this and let the small stack lose hes chips no need to play if there is some 1 shorter stacked then u on the table right but u have kk and ya folding so basically ya gonna fold every single hand then to try and cash its far to nitty 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    do u even have any maths or reasoning to back up what you say, or do u literally just look at your hand, see KK, and automatically think you have to 3bet jam
  • edited February 2012

Gulp

Think Im probably shoving because we are unlikely to be crushed, and if we win the showdown we have cashed X % of the time...

We are unlikely to get folds so its all down to our opponants calling range and how often our KK wins against that range. But i aint got a clue how to work this out!!  If a maths person wants to have a go and tell me what number the X in my last sentence needs to be to justify an all in, im happy to listen!

But fwiw, i see KK and rejam it in his eye lol.

• edited February 2012
    i used to work in a bookies for 5 years so i know everyting about maths lol and pot odds and implied odds 
  • edited February 2012
    i used to work in a bookies for 5 years so i know everyting about maths lol and pot odds and implied odds 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Sigh :P

Last time I checked Shanxta was in the top 2% of profitable DYM's.

I rarely listen to anyone :p  But I'll darn well listen to him.

Think your missing the point here IDonk
  • edited February 2012
    and your point is as hes top 2 per cent on dyms i should listen ?? dyms are the most easiest game to play basically early stages only play premium hands jjs above let each other knock each other out dnt play a hand till level 5 by this time usually 4 people left and bubble time and its all in or fold mode its not rocket science loads of people play dyms like a sit n go and busto early on u could sit out and still cash ive done it before lol 
  • edited February 2012
    sounds simples lol

• edited February 2012
    Sigh some horses dont like water, even when you take them to it.
  • edited February 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Seriously? People who work in bookies know everything about maths? Seems unlikely to me, no offense meant to anyone who works in bookies.

Post some maths explaining this situation so, I would be interested to see some as it seems a sort of weird spot to me