You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10 - call or fold

2»

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Betting the turn yourself makes whole hand easier as then you can shove river when he calls, by check call turn you have to do same on river.

But like GT said you induce river bet then want to fold, don't make sense.

You say 'hoping worse comes along' but most players aren't super tight (heck he called with KK here after you basically held your hand face up) and if they have AQ/AJ/A10 will call flop c/r (they have TP ffs lol) then call turn as well. By checking turn you miss value from those hands and make it hard to get stacks in on river with pot being smaller. 
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 - call or fold:
    In Response to Re: NL10 - call or fold : I meant shove over river bet, although I doubt AQ folds to a lead ever, but yeah as played crai. If you checked to induce why are you asking whether to call or fold You cant be sure oppo is bad, but his betsizing is too small and its 10NL Nearly every hand that checks behind turn and calls river will call turn bet and draws that check behind fold to river bet Against an unknown yeah I would just keep firing for value cos people (good or bad) can call down with worse esp when draw misses
    Posted by grantorino
    Just debating if my induce line is worthwhile, or if I should have bet turn and shoved river
    Thought the answer would have come out in the wash if I posted and asked call or fold

Even though I am never folding, the turn still made me feel like folding to the strong river bet, but I just can't fold because of my line -

if turn is brick then I lead, thought leading K turn would look very strong and worse will fold
    K for me is action killer or kills my hand

I hear ya though, lead />check to avoid the check behind from worse
  • edited February 2012
    Betting the turn yourself makes whole hand easier as then you can shove river when he calls, by check call turn you have to do same on river. But like GT said you induce river bet then want to fold, don't make sense. You say 'hoping worse comes along' but most players aren't super tight (heck he called with KK here after you basically held your hand face up) and if they have AQ/AJ/A10 will call flop c/r (they have TP ffs lol) then call turn as well. By checking turn you miss value from those hands and make it hard to get stacks in on river with pot being smaller. 
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Dude - call or fold - but I am never folding - but did think about it
    But like you say, the way I played it - I can't fold

BUT - can we b/f turn :S
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 - call or fold : Dude - call or fold - but I am never folding - but did think about it But like you say, the way I played it - I can't fold
    Posted by rancid
    So point of thread is......? lol
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 - call or fold : So point of thread is......? lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8

My questions are in op Dude, got a bit side tracked have we )

"no reads, opnions from pre plz

I check turn for value from Ax, rep a c/r flop w/FD by weakly checking turn
    Are my lines really bad or ?
    But I am also wary of AK/KK

Surely I have to call it off"
  • edited February 2012
    Oh so that's why you were weary of KK, all makes sense now lol
  • edited February 2012
    Oh so that's why you were weary of KK, all makes sense now lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Slightly sarcastic )

But what does oppo flat flop with - AQ/AJ/AK/KK - draws

You think I am making it up after seeing the result - tut tut Dude
  • edited February 2012
    I'd say KK would be a VERY small portion of range, remember you've check raised on an ace high flop so what doesn KK now beat, just FD bluff really all else has him drawing to 2 outs possibly 1 if he has two black kings and has you on FD.

AK is more likely but again you have 2 peaarzzzzz so can't fold espesh as that's what you were calling for pre lol :S

Overall just a cooler )
  • edited February 2012
    I'd say KK would be a VERY small portion of range, remember you've check raised on an ace high flop so what doesn KK now beat, just FD bluff really all else has him drawing to 2 outs possibly 1 if he has two black kings and has you on FD. AK is more likely but again you have 2 peaarzzzzz so can't fold espesh as that's what you were calling for pre lol :S Overall just a cooler )
    Posted by Dudeskin8

+1 )

never folding but don't you agree oppo flatting flop really narrows oppo range to just a few hands
    So even though I am not folding, it's a close one
  • edited February 2012
    Well when you represent that much strength on flop his range has to narrow but part of that range AQ/AJ/A10 maybe A8 if he's proper loosey goosey you're still well ahead of.

IMO only really AK to be worried about and maybe AA but if he has those hands just sigh and click reload :)