You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CPU Hunger!

I have recently started using the download client rather than playing in the browser, but I am having issues when playing 2 tables at the same time and ideally I want to play 4.  It keeps freezing up, timing out on 1 of the tables, running the clock right down on every decision, not displaying the hole cards straight away and is slow dealing the board.  In the task manager SkyPoker.exe is using over 50% of my CPU most of the time and over 250,000 K of memory.  My laptop is a couple of years old dual-core and should be able to handle this no problem; I can play 6 tables on PS with no issue at all, I have no issue when playing in the browser.

Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    When I try and change the Priority or affinity I get an error message saying,

The operation could not be completed.

Access is denied.

I am the only user on my laptop so not sure why I cant check that its able to use both Processors and set the Priority to high
  • edited March 2012
    You could re-install the download software, or do a maintanence check, free up memory, check for updates etc to improve your laptop's performance?.

Im sure Matcka will give you some sound advice on this m8.
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah, ontop of the suggestions WHOAMI96 has made, I'd probably suggest all the usual stuff to see if it works. Might be a bit of a long shot but have you ran a virus and spyware scan? You can also try defragmenting your hard-drive if you know how to do that. Are you playing on a wireless connection or wired?

Cheers.
  • edited March 2012
    you could try the following,

set an exception in your anti virus program to sky poker 
    run a spyware check MBAM is a good free one 
    also try uninstalling both the download client AND adobe air from the control panel then re-install from the browser hompage.

also are all your flash player settings up to date on your browser if you're using google chrome it should auto update 

just a few things to try

• edited March 2012

Thanks for the suggestions, I have uninstalled and re-installed both Sky Poker and Adobe Air, I have ran Temp file cleaner (nearly 1 GB of temp files probably didn’t help anything), CC cleaner, Malware bytes (nothing found), ran my anti-virus (nothing found), my laptop doesn’t need a de-frag, I have set up SkyPoker.exe so it is an excluded Process in my anti-virus software

Now I get a slightly different thing happen

ERROR

Unfortunately your last action was not

Valid as you were timed out. Please

Click OK to continue.

I didn’t even get the alert sound or the timer running down and my CPU is still over 50% just on SkyPoker.exe

It’s the same on both the wireless and the Ethernet cable

My Father has now said he has similar issues with the download client when playing more than 1 table, his CPU freezes the whole computer as it reaches 100%, this is an older PC though, pre dual core

Also worth noting everything else on my laptop is working fine, I can play 6 tables on other sites without a problem and playing 2 tables in the browser on Sky Poker is fine

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: CPU Hunger!:
    Thanks for the suggestions, I have uninstalled and re-installed both Sky Poker and Adobe Air, I have ran Temp file cleaner (nearly 1 GB of temp files probably didn’t help anything), CC cleaner, Malware bytes (nothing found), ran my anti-virus (nothing found), my laptop doesn’t need a de-frag, I have set up SkyPoker.exe so it is an excluded Process in my anti-virus software   Now I get a slightly different thing happen   ERROR Unfortunately your last action was not Valid as you were timed out. Please Click OK to continue.   I didn’t even get the alert sound or the timer running down and my CPU is still over 50% just on SkyPoker.exe   It’s the same on both the wireless and the Ethernet cable   My Father has now said he has similar issues with the download client when playing more than 1 table, his CPU freezes the whole computer as it reaches 100%, this is an older PC though, pre dual core   Also worth noting everything else on my laptop is working fine, I can play 6 tables on other sites without a problem and playing 2 tables in the browser on Sky Poker is fine
    Posted by KKarlos93
    I've sent you an email m8
  • edited March 2012
    Thanks Chris for the email just sent you a reply

I use Microsoft security essentials, its free but doesn't slow my computer down like Norton used to
    I deleted the files in skypokerlogs and disabled the firewall and anti-virus for a few mins to test but still had the same lagging and error messages when playing 2 tables

Could this be an issue with the sky poker software rather than my laptop?
  • edited March 2012
    Hope you sort it out, scouse red is very helpful.

However, I have tried everything I know of, everything that has been suggested and then taken my laptop to my I.T. consultant mate and NOTHING makes any difference.

The amount of people that have trouble multitabling on here but dont elsewhere is ridiculous and Sky just totally deny it's their software.

I can just about play 6/7 tables ok - open 1 more and lag on every table every hand. Funny how I can multi-table 16 tables and more on EVERY OTHER SITE I HAVE EVER PLAYED ON!