You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Browser vs Download

Is the browser version lighter (less CPU usage) than the downloadable version?

I play more than 5 tables using my browser(Chrome) but my laptop with 6Gb of RAM keeps lagging when playing 3 at the client.

Comments

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Browser vs Download:
    Is the browser version lighter (less CPU usage) than the downloadable version? I play more than 5 tables using my browser(Chrome) but my laptop with 6Gb of RAM keeps lagging when playing 3 at the client.
    Posted by GreekWay
    It's the other way round, the download client is significantly lighter in CPU usage.
  • edited March 2012
    Really?

Well, I have to check my computer then and figure out the problem. Why is my laptop behaving like that???

Thank you for the responce Machka.
  • edited March 2012
    The download client uses way more CPU on my laptop, over 50% when I play 2 or more tables, it causes lagging and time outs

However I can play 4 tables no problem in windows explorer
  • edited March 2012
    That's what I am saying Karlos...I have the same problem... There is something wrong here...
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Browser vs Download:
    That's what I am saying Karlos...I have the same problem... There is something wrong here...
    Posted by GreekWay
    Agreed, sky bet support have not been able to help me, I am sure its not my laptop as I use it for multi - tabling accross 2-3 sites and 4-8 tables at a time when I am not playing on sky

As soon as I have a sky table open I have no chance of playing anything else than that 1 table :-(
  • edited March 2012
    Same here, I can just about manage to play 6/7 tables on the browser (20+ other sites) but get severe lag and timeouts etc playing just TWO tables on the download. Patheitc!