You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Liverpool through and through...

2»

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Liverpool through and through...:
    In Response to Re: Liverpool through and through... : European football has been dominated by Spannish clubs for 4 or 5 years now. The Europa league final is all spannish. Real and Barca are on a different planet, dont even use a chelsea arguement on me, its variance. La Liga is far stronger than youve just gave it credit for, Valencia had a champions league final just 10 years ago, The Europa league final being all Spannish  also should tell you this isnt a weak league at all. The premiership has a gulp in class between its top and bottom clubs aswell. Liverpool are a midtable team but would any of their current players get into the city/united first team?? Ill tell u the one differance between English football and World football. TV money being stupid and rich daft owners who dont even give a monkey about the clubs. Remember who started the Sugar Daddy situation and look where they are now. English football youve been warned.
    Posted by The_Don90

And it in that 10 years,England have had 7 representatives including 4 different teams.I'm a Chelsea fan and I agree that Barcelona are on a different planet,but imo Real Madrid are no better than Bayern,Chelsea,Man Utd,Man City and others on their day,its just that that are beating poor teams by crazy scorelines every week.Take away the second best footballer in the world and the best manager and what have you got?
    As for Barcelona what can you say?Play a brand of football that is unlike any other but against Chelsea it proves if you don't score you don't win.All the possession in the world but no end product.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Liverpool through and through... : And it in that 10 years,England have had 7 representatives including 4 different teams.I'm a Chelsea fan and I agree that Barcelona are on a different planet,but imo Real Madrid are no better than Bayern,Chelsea,Man Utd,Man City and others on their day,its just that that are beating poor teams by crazy scorelines every week.Take away the second best footballer in the world and the best manager and what have you got? As for Barcelona what can you say?Play a brand of football that is unlike any other but against Chelsea it proves if you don't score you don't win.All the possession in the world but no end product.
    Posted by jackda
    Ummm i would tally Spannish champions league representation in that time but seriously cba. Real are actually a seriously strong team, Benzema, Otzil, Sergio Ramos, Cassias, Kaka(a bench player) would walk into almost any side in the world. But as you say i dont believe their as strong as Barca, and this season inparticular around the time of La Classico and the Semi Finals the Barca team where unsettled, they defo didnt play their best.

Bilbao who are 9th beat Manchester United home and away, so again if anyone uses the Chelsea arguement i have that. Atheltio Madrid are a sensational side aswell, lots of great players. Valencia i believe lost lots of their best players in recent years and are rebuilding, that always takes time. Villareal also i believe are rebuilding and where in the quater finals of the CL just a few years back but are now massively attempting to avoid relegation.

I think to call the spannish league uncompetitive is a massive bit of arrogance imo.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Liverpool through and through... : European football has been dominated by Spannish clubs for 4 or 5 years now. The Europa league final is all spannish. Real and Barca are on a different planet, dont even use a chelsea arguement on me, its variance. La Liga is far stronger than youve just gave it credit for, Valencia had a champions league final just 10 years ago, The Europa league final being all Spannish  also should tell you this isnt a weak league at all. The premiership has a gulp in class between its top and bottom clubs aswell. Liverpool are a midtable team but would any of their current players get into the city/united first team?? Ill tell u the one differance between English football and World football. TV money being stupid and rich daft owners who dont even give a monkey about the clubs. Remember who started the Sugar Daddy situation and look where they are now. English football youve been warned.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Don,dunna cream yersel over spanish football theres not much between the two leagues the big teams win more the smaller team dont win as much, as for the moneypit premier league i hope it all implodes everything about it stinks.Suger daddies/toys for the rich,yeah i agree and hopefully some of them will throw their toys when thet dont win owt but its not as if the spanish teams dont have rich owners Madrid and Barca are like churches its religion.
    The highlighted bit,i must of missed an all English final a couple of years ago with 4 English teams in the last 8 also Liverpool yes Liverpool won it less than 10 years ago so you,ve got no argument there m8.

Ummm i would tally Spannish champions league representation in that time but seriously cba. Real are actually a seriously strong team, Benzema, Otzil, Sergio Ramos, Cassias, Kaka(a bench player) would walk into almost any side in the world. But as you say i dont believe their as strong as Barca, and this season inparticular around the time of La Classico and the Semi Finals the Barca team where unsettled, they defo didnt play their best. 

Bilbao who are 9th beat Manchester United home and away, so again if anyone uses the Chelsea arguement i have that. Atheltio Madrid are a sensational side aswell, lots of great players. Valencia i believe lost lots of their best players in recent years and are rebuilding, that always takes time. Villareal also i believe are rebuilding and where in the quater finals of the CL just a few years back but are now massively attempting to avoid relegation. 

I think to call the spannish league uncompetitive is a massive bit of arrogance imo.
    Posted by The_Don90
    you could say the same about the prem tho Don,Arsenal,Spurs,Liverpool and Newcastle are all building and all them teams have match winning players,i mean even Stoke on their day can give anyone a run for their money.
    Don,this is just my opinion but i dont think La Liga is nowhere near as competative than the prem
    Now England the team,thats a different story

• edited May 2012
    did you hear kenny sneezed in the dugout at wembley and drogba fell over in the centre circle
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Liverpool through and through... : Ummm i would tally Spannish champions league representation in that time but seriously cba. Real are actually a seriously strong team, Benzema, Otzil, Sergio Ramos, Cassias, Kaka(a bench player) would walk into almost any side in the world. But as you say i dont believe their as strong as Barca, and this season inparticular around the time of La Classico and the Semi Finals the Barca team where unsettled, they defo didnt play their best. Bilbao who are 9th beat Manchester United home and away, so again if anyone uses the Chelsea arguement i have that. Atheltio Madrid are a sensational side aswell, lots of great players. Valencia i believe lost lots of their best players in recent years and are rebuilding, that always takes time. Villareal also i believe are rebuilding and where in the quater finals of the CL just a few years back but are now massively attempting to avoid relegation. I think to call the spannish league uncompetitive is a massive bit of arrogance imo.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yep a 36 point gap between 1st and 3rd is really competitive.And as for your Benzema,Otzil etc I raise yer Van Persie,Rooney,Bale 3 players that would walk into their team and only 1 from a top 2 team.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Liverpool through and through... : Yep a 36 point gap between 1st and 3rd is really competitive.And as for your Benzema,Otzil etc I raise yer Van Persie,Rooney,Bale 3 players that would walk into their team and only 1 from a top 2 team.
    Posted by jackda
    I think those 3 players mentioned could also walk into most teams in the world. I think this is going off subject on whats clearly a differance of opinion. Ill open another thread where we can discuss this in much more detial. (going to be out numbered so here goes)
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Liverpool through and through... : I think those 3 players mentioned could also walk into most teams in the world. I think this is going off subject on whats clearly a differance of opinion. Ill open another thread where we can discuss this in much more detial. (going to be out numbered so here goes)
    Posted by The_Don90
    ok cool