You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- THIS WEEK'S WINNER: IDONKCALLU

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Won £22.50 in the 9.40pm £200 GTD (15min)

Buy-in £5.50

(22.50 - 5.5) / 5.50 x 100

= 309%
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- LIVE RIGHT NOW TILL MIDNIGHT:
    Won £22.50 in the 9.40pm £200 GTD (15min) Buy-in £5.50 (22.50 - 5.5) / 5.50 x 100 = 309%
    Posted by goldnballz
    Excellent work, Mr Ballz!

309% is the leader- just uynder 2 hours to go!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- LIVE RIGHT NOW TILL MIDNIGHT:
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- LIVE RIGHT NOW TILL MIDNIGHT : Excellent work, Mr Ballz! 309% is the leader- just uynder 2 hours to go!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Rich,

You seem to have missed Kiwini4U on the previous page who had a slightly better R.O.I.
  • edited June 2012

£51.35 in the 10pm

So profit of £40.35

I think the ROI = 367%
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- LIVE RIGHT NOW TILL MIDNIGHT : Rich, You seem to have missed Kiwini4U on the previous page who had a slightly better R.O.I.
    Posted by Woogie8688
    Yes, you're right Mike.

Sorry Goldenballz and Kiwi- Kiwi had just pipped him by an incredibly tiny and very harsh margin. 0.91!!!!!

Luckily the comp wasn't decided on that, because......we have a new leader ! (see above)

Well done Padzz77, aiming for his third TT title, with a barnstorming 367%.

Looks like there's just the 11.40pm 15 minute TT left now. last chance saloon everyone
  • edited June 2012
    £51.35 in the 10pm So profit of £40.35 I think the ROI = 367%
    Posted by Padzz77
    The boy's only gone & done it again. He's owning this competition

Nice 1 Padzz

Mike
  • edited June 2012
    Well that 15 min game lasted all of 2 mins!

Pair of 5s in the BB and 8 big blinds, with a couple of limpers- what ya gonna do?

All-in I went and all was going according to plan until one of the limpers turned over pocket 10s!

So, that's the end of my personal quest for glory tonight- I managed one cash so not a complete disaster, but definitely not one of my better weeks.

So, will Padzz77 hold on to the lead? Or can someone pip him at the post in the final game running right now and due to finish just before midnight?

Watch this space. Winner announced in about 20-30 mins time!

Good luck!
  • edited June 2012
    ...and he did do it!

Well done Padzz77- a triple triumph.

You're playing in tomorrow night's main event for free!

Good luck and thanks to everyone else who gave this a go this week.

See you next Wednesday for more of the same!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- LIVE RIGHT NOW TILL MIDNIGHT : The boy's only gone & done it again. He's owning this competition Nice 1 Padzz Mike
    Posted by Woogie8688

Thanks.

I was incredibly lucky.  Down to 3 and a half BB, and tried shove with Ace-Ten.  But my connection went down.

Turned out the button, who was the big stack, had a pocket pair and I'm sure he would have called me.  No Aces or Tens came, and I would have been out.

Afer that, I got dealt some good cards, and doubled up a few times

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- Winner Padzz77 NEXT ON: WEDNESDAY JUNE TH:
    ...and he did do it! Well done Padzz77 - a triple triumph. You're playing in tomorrow night's main event for free! Good luck and thanks to everyone else who gave this a go this week. See you next Wednesday for more of the same!
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Thanks for this.  Great comp, and I've been v lucky

I havent troubled the scorers so far in the Thursday BH, so third time lucky!

• edited June 2012
    Back on- tomorrow night, folks.

7pm for another crack at landing a main event seat.

Besides, someone's got to stop Padzz77. He's owning this comp right now!
  • edited June 2012
    i shall be trying my hardest to stop the padzz :) 
  • edited June 2012
    Hi all,

Just a reminder that this week's challenge is tonight.

We wipe all the scores and start again- a main event seat up for grabs (see opening post for details).

See you at 7pm!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- TONIGHT: WEDNESDAY JUNE 27TH 7PM-MIDNIGHT:
    Hi all, Psst! Wanna easy shot at landing a seat into a Thursday night main event? Listen up! All you've got to do is record the biggest profit in a single timed tournament between 7pm till midnight- tonight on Wednesday June 27th. That's it! It's a really fun challenge and you can give it as many goes as you want. The prize for the player who beats the rest on the night? A free seat into Thursday night's 12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter! (which we'll be covering on the live Sky Poker TV show) Here's what you'll need to do- As soon as you've cashed in a timed tourney- c ut and paste proof on to this thread and then calculate your Return On Investment (ROI) below- like this: Machka 7050 11 £17.62 £400 Gtd 30 mins Buy-in £5.50 Prize- £17.62 Profit= £12.12  (£17.62 - £5.50) divided by the buy-in (£5.50) = 2.20  multiplied by 100 to give a percentage = 220% So, it doesn't matter how low the buy-in is, or how long the timed tournament goes on for, because only the ROI is important! You can keep recording scores all night. I'll just take the single best individual result from all entries as the winner at midnight. Last time Padzz77  took the honours for a hat-trick with a mightily impressive ROI of  367 % .  NOW WE WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN AGAIN THIS WEEK. SO FROM 7PM THIS WEDNESDAY, THE FIRST PERSON TO POST AN ROI OF, SAY 1%, WOULD BE LEADING. You should post even if it's only a small ROI because you never know how many people will enter and, as a result, if your lowly score might turn out to be the best one. So, do you think you have what it takes to be the champion of timed tournaments? Only one way to find out! I'll be on the site from 7pm myself playing timed tourneys and Mastercash tables till midnight. See you there and good luck! PS- Can anyone beat my record of 1226%? Yes, I posted that a while ago and I think it's a website record. Beat it, if you can!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You lost me at cut and paste, and whats with all the maths!! like being back at school lol. ill give it a go
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- TONIGHT: WEDNESDAY JUNE 27TH 7PM-MIDNIGHT:
    In Response to THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- TONIGHT: WEDNESDAY JUNE 27TH 7PM-MIDNIGHT : You lost me at cut and paste, and whats with all the maths!! like being back at school lol. ill give it a go
    Posted by davetree

Cheers Dave. It's very easy, honest.

Just play the game + have the tournament lobby open. The only reason for the "cut and paste", is so there's proof that you cashed. 

I'm not sure if you're saying you don't know how to 'cut and paste', so in case you don't...here goes.

When you cash, left-click in the tournament lobby at the start of the bit where it says your name and how much you won, drag the mouse right across the whole text, and then right-click. Select 'copy' and then right-click on the post you write on this thread. Select 'paste'.

Hey presto! You've printed proof of your cash.

Now, don't worry about doing the maths. Either I or one of my handy helpers will do it for you. Just say how much the buy-in of the game was and how much you won.

We'll do the rest.

It's much easier and much more fun to have a go than you think.

I also think it's one of those best-kept secrets on Sky Poker- one of the easiest ways to land a £33 main event seat going to freeroll for thousands of pounds.

Just saying!

;-)
  • edited June 2012
    Rich, its only easy if your name is Padz77

Cant you add the rule 3 strikes & your out!!!!! :-)
  • edited June 2012
    Lol- he can't do it four times, can he Mike?

Competition kicks off in 30 minutes, folks.

First game of the night is the 7.05pm £3.30 30 minute timed tourney.

I'm in it, hope you'll all join me.
  • edited June 2012
    Fancy being on TV this Thursday night.

There's a good chance you might be if you play in the 7.45pm, 9.20pm and 10pm timed tournaments this evening.

As these 3 games will be the focus of a whole hour on Sunday night's show as James Hartigan looks at the way I play in 'Analyse My Play'.
  • edited June 2012
    Strong start for me

1st tourney of the night and I finished 11th

£3.30 buy-in

RICHORFORD527511£7.92

So my ROI was exactly 140%

Beat that!

• edited June 2012
     Woogie8688                4350                        £6.52 

Nice little loosener  only   + 97.5 % Not good enuf but pays for the next 1 :-)
  • edited June 2012
    Just played the 7.05 £3.30 game and this happened. Unlucky to Borinloner who ran his AK into my AA.

Kiwini4u15037.501£22.55
    Buy in £3.30
    Profit £19.25 (22.55-3.30)
    ROI 583.33 £19.25/3.3x100)

Well that gives Padzz77 something to aim for lol

Steve
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- TONIGHT: WEDNESDAY JUNE 27TH 7PM-MIDNIGHT:
    Just played the 7.05 £3.30 game and this happened. Unlucky to Borinloner who ran his AK into my AA. Kiwini4u 15037.50 1 £22.55 Buy in £3.30 Profit £19.25 (22.55-3.30) ROI 583.33 £19.25/3.3x100) Well that gives Padzz77 something to aim for lol Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Nice 1 Steve

Means a return of £37.60 in a £5.50 to beat that. I will be happy to get 1/2 that lol

ps Rich will they be able to fill a whole hour??
  • edited June 2012
    Not so good in the second- typical, as that one's going to be shown on TV on Sunday night at 8!

Now signed up to the 8.35pm half-time game in the Euro semi-final.
    15 mins long.

See you there!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- TONIGHT: WEDNESDAY JUNE 27TH 7PM-MIDNIGHT : Nice 1 Steve Means a return of £37.60 in a £5.50 to beat that. I will be happy to get 1/2 that lol ps Rich will they be able to fill a whole hour??
    Posted by Woogie8688
    Lol- they may be struggling at this rate- I only played 3 hands in that 7.45pm game.

If only they'd turned the 7.05pm into a TV game. Sigh...
  • edited June 2012
    Just played the 7.05 £3.30 game and this happened. Unlucky to Borinloner who ran his AK into my AA. Kiwini4u 15037.50 1 £22.55 Buy in £3.30 Profit £19.25 (22.55-3.30) ROI 583.33 £19.25/3.3x100) Well that gives Padzz77 something to aim for lol Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u

583.33% is the score to beat then. Nice one, Steve!
  • edited June 2012
    Went out of the first one I played, was card dead and stayed around my starting stack, then lost a flip.

In the 8:20 now :)
  • edited June 2012
    Woogie86883662.50£9.15

Wow  + 66.4 %  shame I cant move the decimal point, but I reckon  I will have to add all mine together to catch Steve's effort!!
  • edited June 2012
    No joy in the 15 minuter. Curiously came across a player who thought it was extremely 'boring' that players with less than 10 BBs in a turbo tourney were going all-in!

Every time anyone went all-in, he'd write 'boring' in the chatbox.

Lol!

Methinks he'd stumbled into the wrong tournament!

Anyway, I've regged up for the 9.20pm, which at 30 minutes, should satisfy our friend with not as many all-ins in the opening stages.

it's also on TV on Sunday night from 8pm, so if you end up on my table you'll end up on the box.
  • edited June 2012
    No joy in the 15 minuter. Curiously came across a player who thought it was extremely 'boring' that players with less than 10 BBs in a turbo tourney were going all-in! Every time anyone went all-in, he'd write 'boring' in the chatbox. Lol! Methinks he'd stumbled into the wrong tournament! Anyway, I've regged up for the 9.20pm, which at 30 minutes, should satisfy our friend with not as many all-ins in the opening stages. it's also on TV tomorrow night from 8pm, so if you end up on my table you'll end up on the box.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I guess this was tikay preparing for his wsop event :)
  • edited June 2012
    Will have to run better than last one AK 2nd hand AIPF  & called by J8 who then hit trip 8's on the flop at least I hit my K on the river, what a waste!!!!!!