You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- THIS WEEK'S WINNER: IDONKCALLU

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Lol!

Yes, well done Rob. 712% was a thrashing of the field this week. Are you sure you don't also wish to thank Jimmy Carr for keeping the rake low for you?

Aussie09 is this week's winner. He plays in tomorrow night's 8pm main event- on a free-roll.

Thanks for playing everyone and see you next Wednesday!
  • edited July 2012

thank you richard

• edited July 2012
    Just a quick reminder that the next Challenge is Wednesday night this week- 11th July. It runs from 7pm till midnight and everything you need to know is the opening post.

See you there and good luck!
  • edited July 2012
    Ok, this week's challenge is tonight!

7pm to midnight.

I'm regged up for at least 5 timed tournaments and the 7.05pm, 7.45pm and 10pm will all feature on this Sunday night's show as James Hartigan picks my play apart in Analyse My Play.

So if you end up on my tabe in any of those games exoect to be featured on the box this weekend.

Good luck one and all- defedning champion is Aussie09- who will it be this week? Watch this space!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- TONIGHT! WEDNESDAY JULY 11TH 7PM to MIDNIGHT:
    Ok, this week's challenge is tonight! 7pm to midnight. I'm regged up for at least 5 timed tournaments and the 7.05pm, 7.45pm and 10pm will all feature on this Sunday night's show as James Hartigan picks my play apart in Analyse My Play. So if you end up on my tabe in any of those games exoect to be featured on the box this weekend. Good luck one and all- defedning champion is Aussie09- who will it be this week? Watch this space!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hi Rich
    As you are the "Master" of Timed Tournies due to the amount of practice you have had :)

The concept of James anylising your play in these is mind boggling lol. I don't think James will even have any idea where to start or how to anylise your play in these little babies. It will be very interesting to hear his views on your play in these though, so looking forward to it.

ps. Does James even know that a shove with "Air" in the last few seconds of a Timed Tourny is a vital "laddering tool"? or alternatively a quick way to go busto depending on seat position :)

pps. I will be about tonight to play a few, so best of luck.

See you there.
    Trev
  • edited July 2012
    Cheers Trev, yes to be honest- context is very important when analysing a hand from a timed tourney. if there's 1 minute to go you can capitalise on others shutting up shop to protect their profits and/or get calls from gamblers with enormous ranges.

Good luck tonight mate- I'm already playing in the 7.05pm as we speak!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- TONIGHT! WEDNESDAY JULY 11TH 7PM to MIDNIGHT:
    Cheers Trev, yes to be honest- context is very important when analysing a hand from a timed tourney. if there's 1 minute to go you can capitalise on others shutting up shop to protect their profits and/or get calls from gamblers with enormous ranges. Good luck tonight mate- I'm already playing in the 7.05pm as we speak!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Me Too - gl
  • edited July 2012
    Sorry guys, 

But I hope you dont have too much luck tonight, I want to take it down this week!!!!
  • edited July 2012
    540799855 - Any chance James/Rich can have a look at this hand? Have I got the max out of my opponent? Is the min raise right on the turn? Should I be shoving the river? Reason I bet fairly small was that I thought the guy had not really improved his hand (hence his check), I knew I had the best hand and just wanted the extra 450. I had no info on the guy as this was 2nd or possibly 3rd hand of the tournament. Cheers.
  • edited July 2012
    Busted last hand in bid for a decent score, sometimes hate having the best hand there as the only way is down!

Game over - Move on - Next one

• edited July 2012
    I'll pass that on to the producer for Sunday's show, BUFC.

OK- first game in the bag for me and it's a very strong result.

7th out of 116!

RICHORFORD85259£12.79

ROI=288%

We're off and running!
  • edited July 2012
    Cashed in 7.05 Timed - £3.30 buy in
    POKERTREV4537.5021£6.81
    100% ROI - not good enough yet I fear.

Edit - 100.3% just incase of a tie lol
  • edited July 2012
    Nice 1 Rich,

You never know you may come up smelling of roses on Sunday after all, be one in the eye for James lol
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- LIVE RIGHT NOW TILL MIDNIGHT:
    Busted last hand in bid for a decent score, sometimes hate having the best hand there as the only way is down! Game over - Move on - Next one
    Posted by Woogie8688
    Good luck, Mike!
  • edited July 2012
    Disaster in the 7.45pm - Ran my A10 into AK on an A high flop after oppo check shoved. 
  • edited July 2012
    Not so good in the second one- a certain GregHogg set me all-in with my pocket 5s and then revealed pocket 10s.

Urgh! he went out himself about two hands later to a full-house cooler.

So 56th in that one and the less said about it the better!
  • edited July 2012
    Trev winning with 100% so far, but let me tell you right now- that's a ridiculously low score and just begging to be beaten.

Effectvely if you can more than double-up your buy-in in any timed tournament between now and midnight and post it on here, you'll be leading the competiton for the free main event seat tomorrow night.

• edited July 2012
    Money back for the 1st one.

Just wait see if poppy posts then could be game over, good night god bless lol

• edited July 2012
    Hiya, I got £32.07 in the £5.50 (30min) at 19.45, Tournament ID: 6591310
    I think that's 483% ROI but I think I'll need to do better to hold on this week, Goodluck all:)
  • edited July 2012
    Well done poppy.

483% is the new leader. 3 hours to go though!
  • edited July 2012
    Lost £1 oh well 9;20 next chance :-0

Nice 1 poppy knew it gonna be up there 
  • edited July 2012
    91 runners in the 9.20pm.

I finished 8th!

RICHORFORD86008£21.50

With an ROI of 291 %

Very happy with that- and now it's on to the 10pm 60 minute game!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- LIVE RIGHT NOW TILL MIDNIGHT:
    91 runners in the 9.20pm. I finished 8th! RICHORFORD 8600 8 £21.50 With an ROI of 291 % Very happy with that- and now it's on to the 10pm 60 minute game!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Lets hope I do somewhat better in that one :)
  • edited July 2012
    Nice stuff Rich
    Do you want to swap seats ? I cant hit a cows ar*e  with a banjo tonight
    need a good score in the 9:55 £3.30 jobbie

And didnt get it shame only the 15 mins ones to go for now

• edited July 2012
    Nice stuff Rich Do you want to swap seats ? I cant hit a cows ar*e  with a banjo tonight need a good score in the 9:55 £3.30 jobbie And didnt get it shame only the 15 mins ones to go for now
    Posted by Woogie8688
    Unlucky MIke, yes I'll also be playing the 15 minute one at 11.40.

As for the 10pm- I managed to get it all-in with AK v AJ v AQ and you know the rest, the Jack popped up on the turn!

Oh well, onwards and upwards!
  • edited July 2012
    11.40pm was a blur tbh.

I got it all-in with AK of hearts and was lost in a flip to 44.

Still, overall pretty happy with my 7th and 8th this evening.

The winner this week though with a ROI of 483% is poppy765

Congrats to Poppy, who plays in tomorrow's 8pm Bounty Hunter main event on a freeroll.

So, that's your lot for this week.

Thanks for playing along once again and unlucky if you didn't make a cash this time. There's always next Wednesday!

• edited July 2012
    Thanks very much Rich, good fun as always.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: THE ORFORD TIMED TOURNEY CHALLENGE- THIS WEEK'S WINNER: POPPY765. BACK AGAIN NEXT WEDNESDAY 18TH JULY!:
    Thanks very much Rich, good fun as always.
    Posted by poppy765

No problem. Thanks for your post and good luck tonight! I'd love to see someone turn a win on the Orford Challenge into a couple of grand!
  • edited July 2012
    Hi gang!

Another week, another Wednesday, another Orford Timed Tourney Challenge!

Beginning at 7pm tonight, we start afresh and invite you to play in as many timed tournaments as you like and keep posting your profits on this thread.

Whoever posts the biggest profit from a game (so buy-in is not important, it can be the cheapest game going!) will win a seat into tomorrow night's main event- the 8pm Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. A seat worth £33 and a lot more besides if you go on to win the tournament!

Massive value for your timed tournaments tonight! This challenge has been running for several months now and we've had loads of winners. And everyone who enters into it each week, really enjoys it.

So, if you've never done it before, see the opening post for details on how to post your profit, and then I'll see you on the tables from 7 tonight!
  • edited July 2012
    Decided i will do some of the lower stake ones tonight, gl at the tables rich and see you in the losers encloser afterwards (ill be sat at the back moaning about something)