You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Any plans to implement it any time soon?

Comments

• edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    If i knew what it was I might tell you
  • edited November 2009
    Hopefully it will be soon, I heard its in the pipeline but no idea on a date.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: PLO:
    If i knew what it was I might tell you
    Posted by Torryladd
    PLO- Pot limit omaha
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: PLO : PLO- Pot limit omaha
    Posted by Norbit
    A game popularised by the Palestine Liberation Organization back in the '70s - hence the acronym.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: PLO : A game popularised by the Palestine Liberation Organization back in the '70s - hence the acronym.
    Posted by MereNovice
    They could overcome oppression, and brave urban gunfights, but the vairance in PLO dorve half the troops insane fwiw.

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: PLO : A game popularised by the Palestine Liberation Organization back in the '70s - hence the acronym.
    Posted by MereNovice
    The penalties for splashing the pot were deadly!
  • edited November 2009
    hey guys,

thanks for your posts. omaha is in the development pipeline. unfortunately i can't be more specific than saying it is coming but keep an eye out in the forum over the next few months for further updates and announcements.

thanks,

Rich
  • edited November 2009

How many people on this site do you reckon have ever played OMAHA?

I have not played it yet although i have watched instructional videos on Cardrunners so i probably wont be the biggest fish lol.

• edited November 2009

I have played a few games on Party,

My God, it hurts your head.

• edited November 2009
    How many people on this site do you reckon have ever played OMAHA? I have not played it yet although i have watched instructional videos on Cardrunners so i probably wont be the biggest fish lol.
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    As a %, not many probably.

But fret not, when it comes - & it's well down the Development & Testing Road now - I'll do a crash-course in Omaha basics on the Forum.
  • edited November 2009
      As far as the forum is concerned we will need a newposting category just for supposed bad beats whilst playing PLO. Wwith the sheer number of redraws and reredraws in the game it will go into bad beat meltdown
  • edited November 2009
    When omaha comes to town, i want to be glued to area 51 for some severe laughs lol
  • edited November 2009
    Hi

Yup played twice, won twice, but aint gonna play it :)
  • edited November 2009
    I've played it a few times on the very lowest levels on FT & I really enjoy it. I understand most of the basics and I guarantee when it arrives I'm gonna lose more than I win for a while but that's the fun learning curve. The one thing I'm slowly (key word there!) getting to grips with are the sort of starting hands I should be looking for.
  • edited November 2009
    When omaha comes to town, i want to be glued to area 51 for some severe laughs lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    LOL , ME CANT WAIT EITHER . PS. AM I STALKING YOU ?
  • edited November 2009
    I will have a look if it arrives but will have to read Tikay's thread on play to refresh my limited memory.
  • edited November 2009

Hi Lo is even tougher.

• edited November 2009
    played it a few times on other sites.  It was great fun, but people did tend to play everything.  Did enjoy it though it was a slightly costly learning curve.

Thanks to Tikay it should be such a hard learning curve this time round.
  • edited November 2009
    never played it myself but would be interseted in trying out
  • edited November 2009
    Don't think the Area 51 members will think much of PLO
  • edited November 2009
    Should be good- more money to be made ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Don't think the Area 51 members will think much of PLO
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Their going to have to open a whole new wing when PLO starts
  • edited November 2009
    Should be good- more money to be made ;)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    I love the game, it's a great break from Texas-Holdem and i'd love some big runner big money tourney's. I don't know how experianced you personally are with PLO but for those who haven't played, or who have only dipped their toe in the water so to speak then i urge you to  do so with caution.

even for very good players, in this game the swings are deadly. try it out for fun, enjoy the game, but be carefull before investing much of your BR in this as you spend most of your time drawing only to be re-darwn against.

i think this will become the cash game of choice for the top players on the site but there will be a reason for that, everybody is going to pay them off lol (certainly at first).

One thing Sky does have a lot of is loyal players. There are lots of players here who don't play there poker anywhere else. (which i'm sure Sky love as a loyal member in the general Poker World is like Santa Claus....SHHhhhhh don't tell the Kids but theres no such thing lol) Which means experiance with this game and it's very different starting ranges are going to be very limited at first.

Not trying to put anyone off this great game just a word of caution is all, you can lose twice as much twice as often with this beast lol
  • edited November 2009

I am really looking forward to this game coming to sky poker.  Will be interesting to see which of the many regular players take part in this, and what affect this will have on the number playing hold em.  I would mainly stick to holdem personally, but would have an occasional go at omaha to try and pick it up.

I would look forward to the help in the threads that tk has indicated he will provide so it would be good for a lot of us to learn at the same time.

Just to check, though, will it just be pot limit omaha, or will their be no limit as well?

• edited November 2009
    I am really looking forward to this game coming to sky poker.  Will be interesting to see which of the many regular players take part in this, and what affect this will have on the number playing hold em.  I would mainly stick to holdem personally, but would have an occasional go at omaha to try and pick it up. I would look forward to the help in the threads that tk has indicated he will provide so it would be good for a lot of us to learn at the same time. Just to check, though, will it just be pot limit omaha, or will their be no limit as well?
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Trust me pot limit is scary enough lol - I've not seen this game in a NL limit version as the Pots end up huge as it is, Lots of pot sized betting and as you tend to get less HU pots pre flop and more people drawing then all the money can end up in the middle easy enough
  • edited November 2009
    hi again aces

i have seen omaha nl freerolls elsewhere and gave it a try to see what it was like.  I found it to be fun for a slight change to playing holdem, but i was even more clueless than i am at hold em.  As i say, it was no limit so I'm not sure how that compares to pot limit, and i will be having a look at it either way.

I think if i understood the game a bit better, i would understand why pot limit is more common.

Given your knowldege of the game, perhaps i will try and avoid your tables once it arrives mate...
  • edited November 2009
    hi again aces i have seen omaha nl freerolls elsewhere and gave it a try to see what it was like.  I found it to be fun for a slight change to playing holdem, but i was even more clueless than i am at hold em.  As i say, it was no limit so I'm not sure how that compares to pot limit, and i will be having a look at it either way. I think if i understood the game a bit better, i would understand why pot limit is more common. Given your knowldege of the game, perhaps i will try and avoid your tables once it arrives mate...
    Posted by Buistyboy
    lol I wish i was that knowledgeable, an education paid for and not yet finished im affraid :)

I'm sure everybody will love it for the a mix up but no doubt once the initial buzz dies down then holdem wil lcontinue to rule supreame. It is good fun and that's all i treat it as. Certainly not an expert at playing it but do enjoy it a lot. Doesn't sound like it will be here for quite a few months though so it's MTT's in holdem on here till then lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: PLO : As a %, not many probably. But fret not, when it comes - & it's well down the Development & Testing Road now - I'll do a crash-course in Omaha basics on the Forum.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That would be good but an interview on screen with Simon Trumper would be even better - he is so good at getting the basics across - and that thing he did with choose a hand and see how many times you are going to hit when I deal the cards thing was amazing. 

Can't wait for Omaha - it can drive you dizzy but hi/lo in particular would be great.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: PLO : That would be good but an interview on screen with Simon Trumper would be even better - he is so good at getting the basics across - and that thing he did with choose a hand and see how many times you are going to hit when I deal the cards thing was amazing.  Can't wait for Omaha - it can drive you dizzy but hi/lo in particular would be great.
    Posted by Dingdell
    We might just try & organise that, Simon Trumper is not only a very accomplished Omaha player - the database does not lie - but the BEST Omaha teacher I have ever met.

Ding refers to an impromptu Omaha Beginners Course Simon Trumper did one night at DTD.

Simon dealt out 6 out hands to 6 players - face-up - & then asked everyone what chances each hand had of winning. EVERY player got it wrong, & Simon predicted it correctly. He then dealt the flop, rinse repeat, turn, ditto, & River. Never have so many players grasped the concept of Omaha so quickly. He also explained WHY everyone was getting it wrong, & the whys & whats of each hand. Brilliant!