You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cant have more then 1 window open

I tried playing a Free roll, a $1 tourney, and a 6 Man STT
then i realised that when i was playing 1 hand on one table the rest of my tables would freeze, i would have to put the mouse over the window to make it carry on and catch up and has cost me some very important hands. any ideas as to what this is, i just done the update and thought that might clear it up but it still does it, and now im stuck with only playing 1 table at a time :(

Comments

• edited April 2012
    It's lag.I have suffered for years with this.Hard to diagnose lots of things cause it.Bad inter-net connection, over stressing PC i.e.PC specs not up to the job, programmes running in back ground slowing PC and so on.
    Have you made any changes recently to your PC?
    Try and check inter-net speed to see if that's changed or low.If poor contact supplier. 
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Cant have more then 1 window open:
    It's lag.I have suffered for years with this.Hard to diagnose lots of things cause it.Bad inter-net connection, over stressing PC i.e.PC specs not up to the job, programmes running in back ground slowing PC and so on. Have you made any changes recently to your PC? Try and check inter-net speed to see if that's changed or low.If poor contact supplier. 
    Posted by belsibub
    It's the Sky software. It takes up a lot of CPU usage even playing one table, something to do with it running on Flash Player I think. Don't have the problem anywhere else, so I'm looking into getting a better spec PC because I really like the site but multi-tabling is trying to say the least. I'm hoping more RAM and a better graphics card will do the trick! Unless Sky has plans to alter the software significantly?
  • edited April 2012
    I have E6750 cpu 6GB of ram and a 4850 graphics card.
    I am hoping the new none flash based download set for later in the year(  fingers crossed) will help as i can't buy a new pc in the near future.
  • edited April 2012
    I have E6750 cpu 6GB of ram and a 4850 graphics card. I am hoping the new none flash based download set for later in the year(  fingers crossed) will help as i can't buy a new pc in the near future.
    Posted by belsibub
    Are you saying you still get lag with that? I'm thinking of buying a new laptop but what's the flaming point if it's going to make no difference (presuming it's not my slow internet connection to blame either)
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Cant have more then 1 window open : Are you saying you still get lag with that? I'm thinking of buying a new laptop but what's the flaming point if it's going to make no difference (presuming it's not my slow internet connection to blame either)
    Posted by Die_hard
    His processor is half the speed of yours.
  • edited April 2012
    Ah right lol.

Think I'm gonna get an i5 one anyway :)