You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I can't even start to play!

Having studied Hold'em and watched the 865 channel with interest I decided to try my luck.   No problem launching a table, selecting a stake and taking a seat.    However despite all my efforts and discussions with technical "experts" the deal resolutely declined to provide me with any cards or options.    Has anybody heard of or even experienced the same problem.   More to the point is there any solution?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    [edit: after posting that it looks horribly long winded it's not really once you're used to it.]

Hi Welcome to the forum.

A very strange problem indeed.

Can you give us some details on what table you opened, sat on, and tried to play and I or another forum user will try and help?

I might be telling you something you already know but can you just try this to get a free play (fun money) table open and playing.

I'll assume you are using the web browser but the same basic appoach is used in the download client.

And I'll spell out every step, just so it's clear exactly what to do.

1. make sure you are logged in and see the Welcome [yourname] (gemini32) and your account balance just below the SkyPoker logo up above.

2. click on the Cash Gables tab.

3. click on the Free Play filter option below the Cash Games tab.

4. Find a table with some players on, I found an active table called Khartoum 10/20

5. Click that line

6. Click Launch table

7. At this point the table will open and you should see some empty seats saying Seat Available

8. Click a seat

9. Click OK (you're just accepting the default free play amount of chips to play with.

10. You should see yourself sat at the table.

11 . Click wait for Big Blind

12. Click Auto Post Blind

13. When it is your turn to post a big blind it will do so automatically and you'll then get some cards

14. Let us know if that works!

• edited April 2012
    For other forum users entertainment here is the one hand I played while writing the above...

;-)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    o Small blind   £10.00 £10.00 £2570.00
    Machka Big blind   £20.00 £30.00 £1180.00
      Your hole cards

s Fold        
    m Fold        
    o Raise   £30.00 £60.00 £2540.00
    Machka Call   £20.00 £80.00 £1160.00
    Flop

• J

o Bet   £100.00 £180.00 £2440.00
    Machka Raise   £240.00 £420.00 £920.00
    o Raise   £280.00 £700.00 £2160.00
    Machka All-in   £920.00 £1620.00 £0.00
    o Call   £780.00 £2400.00 £1380.00
    o Show
    • A
    • A

Machka Show

Turn

• A

River

o Win Full House, Aces and 8s £2400.00   £3780.00
  • edited April 2012
    Very many thanks, it actually worked after I clicked the Wait for and Auto post Big Blind.   Does this mean that whenever I join a table I will always have to do the same thing?
  • edited April 2012
    You have a choice.

Pay the big blind on the very next hand that's dealt by ticking Auto Post.

Or

Tick both boxes which is usually the preferred method as it saves you having to pay the big blind twice in one orbit.

Have fun at the tables.

• edited April 2012

Thank you once again.   If I take the above action whenever I join a table it will at least allow me to play,  but I assume that if cards are not dealt otherwise there is still a fault somewhere in my PC.

• edited April 2012
    If you don't tick the boxes then you should see buttons pop up to say "Post Big Blind" or something like that.

You could then click it and play a hand.

But you'd need to do that every time, way too much hassle.

If you tick both boxes and still get no cards then yes there is a problem (but I doubt that will happen).
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: I can't even start to play!:
    We have now reproduced the same problem on two different computers, Windows 7 and Vista, 64bit and 32bit, two different browsers and two different internet connections. The only common factor being the account being used. Here's a screen grab of the table, the timer indicating that it is my turn, and the absense of cards

The trick with the blinds posted above does work, but makes the game play abnormal.
  • edited April 2012
    You will always get that as when you first join you have the option to either WAIT for POST a BB.   You have neither option selected (options, bottom right of pic) so you're being prompted (just above the options), and you will continue to be prompted every hand until you are either the BB naturally or you select one of those tick boxes. Until you've posted you won't get dealt any cards.