You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Has Anyone ever Noticed

edited May 2012 in Area 51
Am I the first to notice this.  cough cough 

You get dealt small pocket pair and someone else gets dealt bigger pair.  You get bottom end of the straight someone has the top end.?    spooky don't you think. !  should I complain.

Comments

• edited April 2012

You should do a comprehensive survey with your findings!!

• edited April 2012
    I've noticed when I get dealt cards some other people get dealt cards too. I've been logging it for months.

• edited April 2012
    I'm going to complain as I haven't noticed this! Had all flavours of bad beat weirdness but never this one. Just wondering how many other types of bad beat I can look forward too. Might have to start a thread off.
  • edited April 2012
     Next time when holding say pocket 2s use the table rotate in options and go to the opponents position then you will be sitting with 7s.opponent then will be sitting with the 2s and hit the bad end of the st8. I hope this tip improves your poker some what and if i can be of any help in future please do not hesitate to contact me . Gl at the tables of your choice.
  • edited April 2012
    Top tip booboo! I was working on a theory that sitting at the bottom of the table would generally mean higher (therefore heavier) cards would gravitate toward me - haven't collected enough data yet to go any further with this as yet but working on it.

Tip back for you, putting odd change on your bet sizes can really help prevent your opponent from hitting the cards they need to complete draws. So say villain needs a 9 to complete his gut shot straight draw, don't protect your hand on the turn with a £10 bet into a £12 pot, pop £9.99* in. I have found this really reduces the chances of a 9 rivering - again not got enough data to give you solid numbers but it's definitely working. Must be due to they fact that the 'system' only has a fixed supply of each number?

*Don't make the school boy error of betting £0.99 in this spot, this clearly does not use enough 9's up. You'd be shocked how often villain will make a loose call and river a 9!
  • edited April 2012
     Thank you very much for that advice step 7 ,i have took that tip on board . Does it work the same if you do not want a 6 to fall ? By putting £9,66 in the pot or do it only work on the 9s?
  • edited April 2012

Some great tips on this thread now. I feel I should contribute to assist us further.

1) Put a post it note over your cards and just use the Hot-o-Meter. I have win % of 50% ATM. Mind you, I have only done it with two hands so far....so maybe not a big enough sample yet.

2) After shoving AIPF with total garbage, type in the chat box 'gg all, gl' . This will guarantee that you will hit runner runner to remain in the game.

3) Always open the lobby at the beginning of a game and take a screen shot of it. Use this  to then check your position throughout the game and you will always be joint 1st.

.......this time next year, we will all be millionaires! 
  • edited April 2012
    @Boo, If you are trying to block a 6 then £6.66 would be a better bet size - sorry if I didn't make this clear enough in my example. I think 1's work for aces, not sure on the court cards or suits - but there are some clever people here, I'm, sure we can work it out.

@Max: The people making a living out of online poker will not thank you for giving 'tip' 1 away - please edit your post and don't kill the golden goose!

Reading Tip 3 reminds me of another tip I was given but not tried yet. Open the lobby, click and drag players up and down the leader board - this may only work in Google Chrome with the right plug in installed.
  • edited April 2012
     100% took in now ,silly me ,thx step£7.77 gl at the table [of your choice] boo.
  • edited April 2012
       You Boys are taking the P  this is a serious Question ?    And why is this thread in area 51. !
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Has Anyone ever Noticed:
       You Boys are taking the P  this is a serious Question ?    And why is this thread in area 51. !
    Posted by logdon
    Errr you posted it here :-p

There's no 'move pointer'.

• edited April 2012
    So Angry!   I got dealt AK  once all evening and it lost.   Whats going on.!     
  • edited April 2012
    Sorry logdon think we got a bit off topic. Are you talking about a 5 straight board where it should have been a split?

To answer your question, I think it's difficult to discuss anything in Area 51 without being tongue in cheek. Just assume all my posts here end in a ;)

;)
  • edited April 2012
    how have i ended up in area 51 when i have just had a running flush and won 100 pounds.oops i should be in the shed having fun :):):):)
  • edited April 2012
    Does this mean if I complain my thread will get closed.   "This is not a complaint only OBSEVATION." Phew! think that's OK.
  • edited April 2012

Annie.....I will strongly complain in another thread if this thread is closed due to it being classed as a complaining thread.

It is clearly, as I see it after getting back from the opticians, an observation thread. 
  • edited April 2012

Sorry logdon ,not taking the p. It was just something that went through this so called brain of mine and i could not resist putting it down in print . How could i upset that happy smiling face of yours. lol boo.

• edited April 2012
    Annie.....I will strongly complain in another thread if this thread is closed due to it being classed as a complaining thread.  It is clearly, as I see it after getting back from the opticians, an observation thread. 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thank You Al    I knew I could rely on you for support but have decided to become a Conspiracy Theorists as that's what is says on the door in. ?
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Has Anyone ever Noticed : Thank You Al    I knew I could rely on you for support but have decided to become a Conspiracy Theorists as that's what is says on the door in. ?
    Posted by logdon

.....or does it? 

I have been told that this part of the forum is labelled 'the joke corner' when viewed by them sky sooted folk.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Has Anyone ever Noticed:
    Am I the first to notice this.  cough cough  You get dealt small pocket pair and someone else gets dealt bigger pair.  You get bottom end of the straight someone has the top end.?    spooky don't you think. !  should I complain.
    Posted by logdon
    Its all mens fault.(as u know).
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Has Anyone ever Noticed : .....or does it?  I have been told that this part of the forum is labelled 'the joke corner' when viewed by them sky sooted folk.
    Posted by MAXALLY

well it was, until all the people in here formed a team that won everything..:)
  • edited April 2012
    too many smart a**e ****s on this site who amuse themselves taking the **** out of others.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Has Anyone ever Noticed : Its all mens fault.(as u know).
    Posted by igimc
    Woo Hoo    I have it in writing.  Hugs xxx
  • edited April 2012
    too many smart a**e ****s on this site who amuse themselves taking the **** out of others.
    Posted by Seagull158
    I quite agree they have not taken my thread seriously and are ridiculing my small pair problem.
  • edited April 2012

AAAA ,40 OF SUIT :):):) XXXX

• edited April 2012
                  I have noticed and think this site is fastastic.the players on sky are mustard.lol. ty
  • edited April 2012
    Another great tip for angle shooting players--- Use your pointer arrow to poke your opponent in the eye just as the flop comes down, then move the table up and down really fast, they usually get confused and fold
  • edited April 2012
    Not happy bunny,    I have been listening to the Analysts on the show week after week and they keep saying fold pocket 5s early on in the game only play pocket 5s late in the game all in.   So final table pocket 5s all in and get beat by 8s on the river.

They dont know what their talking about and I'm never ever going to listen to them ever again. So there.!!
  • edited April 2012
     Logdon i became very concerned when hearing that the advice you got of channel 865 that i done some research by myself on your behalf [hope you do not mind]. Igot in touch with the sky poker crew and they kindly got your hand history up for the hand in question. They then very quickly pointed out the mistake you made. You see when you called the all in with 5s late on they pointed out that it was 2 minutes to go to midnight . But if you had called 3 minutes later at 1 minute past 12 the hand would have held up . Also if you had done it at 3.30 in the morning you would hit quad 5s . I hope my research improves your poker and if can be of help to you or anyone else please do not hesitate to contact me . lol boo.
    PS my next project is to look at the small pair problem . But with the recent scare this might be a touchy problem ,but im hope to get to the bottom of this as quick as i can. But once i get my feelers out im certain i can solve this query. Im not as quick in the head as i used to be, my memory [hope ive spelt it right] is not the same of old. But so long as area 51 do not bra me [sorry im a rotten speller] i will get the information to you asap,.
  • edited April 2012

PS     Please do not think i am taking the p , all i am doing is trying to [hopefully] do is brighten the day for some people who may get my sense of humour . Annie and me have had some banter before and she would not i am sure take some of my tripe to heart . Have a lovely day all gl boo.