You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

400nl HU: River decision in 3b pot

2»

Comments

• edited May 2012
    i think check call coz of bluff catching the opponent could esily have busted flush draw here so check and let him bluff of stack i dnt really like the all in because i think its marginal maybe some kings will call u but i think alot of times maybe same hand or hands that beat u will call i dnt like bet fold here imo c/c is best
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 400nl HU: River decision in 3b pot:
    if he comes over the top for his remaining £143 you have to call. I think it's a check fold
    Posted by Batkin88
    Why do you have to call?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 400nl HU: River decision in 3b pot : Why do you have to call?
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    I think he means because any bet of £100 or so that gets reraised leaves a lot of money out there and fairly big pot odds that would mean vs the range of hands he may have over the long haul calling would likely be the right thing to do even if you lose in this one spot.
  • edited May 2012
    Can't see being ahead here but I would close my eyes and call

But that's prob why I'm awful at cash
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 400nl HU: River decision in 3b pot : Why do you have to call?
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    The amount in the pot and how much you have put into this pot.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 400nl HU: River decision in 3b pot : I think he means because any bet of £100 or so that gets reraised leaves a lot of money out there and fairly big pot odds that would mean vs the range of hands he may have over the long haul calling would likely be the right thing to do even if you lose in this one spot.
    Posted by KAM99
    I understand this concept haha

What I mean is, if we think he's call everything worse with a bet of 150, but never shove worse and always shove better then why do we have to call.

I haven't done the maths but i guess our pot odds would be like 7:1. So we have to be good 12.5% of the time. If we're not then why do we have to call?