You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 231 Runners So

Comments

• edited May 2012

put me in lambert,cheers m8.

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 30p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 105 Runners So Far!:
    Just completed level 7 whooooooohooooooooo think ill take a break until i try level 8
    Posted by Dazler
    Nice 1 Daz,

I know this isn't the "Doorstep Challenge", but you never know Daz might "clean" up here

Mike
  • edited May 2012
    lambert you got me down as a level 6 win live but im a level 7 win live just waiting to play level 8
  • edited May 2012
    well u cant do it anymore as 30p DYM's not there !!
  • edited May 2012

just won £16.50 level 8 even though i kinda made a bad call really to a shover with pk 9s and i had Q6 suited and hit a flush but thought the shorty was blind stealing so made a stand as blinds were 200 i was bb and only had 1400 chips, got a bit of donkey luck which isnt my style but hey i got the win and ill take it anyway i can :)

LEVEL 8 COMPLETE LEVEL 9 TO PLAY

23 May '12 at 16:27PokerDouble Your Money£13.50
    23 May '12 at 13:35PokerDouble Your Money£9.00
    23 May '12 at 13:00PokerDouble Your Money£4.50
    23 May '12 at 12:19PokerDouble Your Money£2.70  
  • edited May 2012
    took the 30p 1s of the site :( is this a no go now ?
  • edited May 2012

Don't worry we will still honour this.

In fact, it make's it easier now!

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 30p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 105 Runners So Far!:
    Don't worry we will still honour this. In fact, it make's it easier now! Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    yes but how can you still honour it for players who are still wanting to try this challenge seems a bit unfair if they start at 60p after i and others have had to do it from 30p or is comp closed now need a bit more info as to whats going to happen. Does that mean as ive reached level 9 that i get automatic bump up to level 10? as thats what will happen for others starting it now.
  • edited May 2012

It's still going.
  • edited May 2012
    Dazler does raise a very good point here Sky, it's now easier for everyone else who starts a new run that it was for him and everyone else who have started the challenge before the 30ps were removed.

On a side note, unrelated to this challenge, obviously I don't have access to the numbers you do, but I've never once had trouble getting a game going at 30p or 60p DYMs, so I do not understand the removal of them. They are a really good way for new players to learn the fundamentals cheaply as Tikay has said many a time.

I know some decisions are business decisions for the benefit of Sky as any business would do, but I just fail to see how this change can possibly benefit a single player on the site. It will increase the number of games at the 60p level, but I've never found any problems trying to get a game going at this level anyway.

I'll update this challenge thread to reflect the new changes asap.
  • edited May 2012
    @67bhoys.... The table that you created to show the cost of each out and profit made for each level which I've posted in the OP, will that still have all the correct figures if I just remove the 30p level, or will that affect each row below it?
  • edited May 2012
    maybe if the 30p level is gone then instead you have to play 2 x 60p dym games at the start win them before moving up so in effect your gonna make an extra 60p and still play the same amount of levels as the rest of us so far? just a thought.
  • edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012
    busted i give up with this challenge

take me off the list cheers

gl u will need it only one winner
  • edited May 2012
    still not sure whats going to happen here with this can anyone put any light on it whether or not you have to play 2x 60p as the 30p dyms have gone to make the challenge fair? ive got level 9 to play but not going to do it until i know whats happening!
  • edited May 2012
    still not sure whats going to happen here with this can anyone put any light on it whether or not you have to play 2x 60p as the 30p dyms have gone to make the challenge fair? ive got level 9 to play but not going to do it until i know whats happening!
    Posted by Dazler
    Hi Daz,

I would hope you go on and complete the challenge, as it is possible you are the only person who can now complete the "Origional challenge", unless of course Sky reverse its decision to remove the 30p Dym's (My opinion on that is on another thread). If you manage it you will have the kudos of being the last ever player to achieve this feat.

The challenge for all players from now on is  to complete the Dym ladder at all the levels that are currently being offered by Sky.

Best of luck m8 you can do it.

mike

• edited May 2012
    Posted by Dazler
    C'mon Dazler!!!!!!!! Give me a shout when you're playing next and i'll rail you quietly honest....good luck fella!
  • edited May 2012
    Well until I hear otherwise, there seem to be no plans to re-instate 30p DYMs, I've had a chat with Sky and it's agreed that we will just ditch level 1 from the challenge.

So it'll now be one level of each stakes from 60p up to £110, which means the challenge is now back to being 12 levels (it had went up to 13 levels with the new £82.50 games).

So yeah, it'll be easier for everyone now other than Dazler on his current run. Who knows, maybe Sky can give you a little something extra if you complete it this time for being the only person to complete the full 13 levels of the challenge.

I'll update the OP accordingly.
  • edited May 2012
    I've updated the OP and also updated the table that gives details of the cost of outs and amounts of profit made at each level. It does now mean that the most you could ever lose by failing this challenge is £1
  • edited May 2012
    Please add me in, my first post and first challenge  - thanks
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 105 Runners So Far!:
    Please add me in, my first post and first challenge  - thanks
    Posted by icuessex
    Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll love the great community we have here, just try not to get too drawn in by the serial moaners :)

Good luck with the challenge.
  • edited May 2012
    Well until I hear otherwise, there seem to be no plans to re-instate 30p DYMs, I've had a chat with Sky and it's agreed that we will just ditch level 1 from the challenge. So it'll now be one level of each stakes from 60p up to £110, which means the challenge is now back to being 12 levels (it had went up to 13 levels with the new £82.50 games). So yeah, it'll be easier for everyone now other than Dazler on his current run. Who knows, maybe Sky can give you a little something extra if you complete it this time for being the only person to complete the full 13 levels of the challenge. I'll update the OP accordingly.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yes Sky should give him his 5p buy in back if he does the challenge lol
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Paul, 

I know its only being picky, but all the levels on all the "top performers" will be -1 due to the restructuring of the Dym levels.

Mike
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 105 Runners So Far!:
    Hi All, Someone recently mentioned IrishRover's previous DYM challenge of turning 60p into £200 by winning consecutive games through every level of DYMs up to £110 buy-in. I then saw Yidette's blog for the first time, describing her journey to completing this challenege which had me very intrigued. Tikay has now kindly offered to have a look round for some goodies if we set this competition up again. Level 1   -    60p Level 2   -    £1.15 Level 3   -    £2.25 Level 4   -    £3.30 Level 5   -    £5.50 Level 6   -    £11.00 Level 7   -    £16.50 Level 8   -    £22.00 Level 9   -   £33.00 Level 10 -   £55.00 Level 11 -   £82.50 Level 12 -   £110.00 All players must start from level 1, and progress to the next level with each consecutive win. If at any level, you lose a game, then you must go straight back to level 1 and start again! Please post up your progress and whether you're still 'live' or have busted, and I will put together a table of people who are doing the best. All results will need to be verified via Sharkscope. Prizes The first 3 unique people to complete all levels of this challenge will win a £55 seat into the Primo on Sunday - So if 1 person completes it 3 times, they will only receive 1 seat to the Primo. ====================================================================== Top Performers... Dazler             - Level 8 WIN (Live) Petethepla     - Level 8 WIN Wynne1938   - Level 7 WIN JockBMW        - Level 6 WIN Yidette9         - Level 6 WIN MrBurns4        - Level 5 WIN (Live) MufcScott1     - Level 5 WIN Pomfrittes      - Level 5 WIN Woogie8688  - Level 5 WIN Poppy765      - Level 5 WIN ================================================================================ 82 Challengers So Far!... Lambert180 JockBMW Petethepla FlyingDagg Pomfrittes Yidette9 Poppy765 JingleMa Alan1506 GatlingGob Llamas Cenachav Poppy765 Belsibub Myrrdhin Rancid Waller02 Dazler HappyNige4 Ste1722 Snowhite Simonnatur Wacko90 Sara36dd08 Budgirl SolarCarro 67Bhoys Scouse_Red DTWBandit SlaverFish Jummence SuperSnedd Wynne1938 MufcScott1 Any2Suited Stackemup Joshlarr Yorkie74 Donut64 Nemoisback HypeTing IDONKCALLU GaryQQQ Brrrrrrr Cinnanati EvilPingu Neil1970 DevonFish5 BigRick91 GreekWay Tombola123 Woogie8688 Gaga87 HullCheat Rolo1 JstFlippin Gerardirl Kevcoke69 Shuv JPW33 lMARKl PatWalshh Dubmaster Glenelg Marcus191 Poshcole Maxally Boxster Liamboi11 Joshlarr MickFoley VespaPX Chopos180 TimeForBed TheSaint07 The_Don90 What_If Slykllist MrBurns4 J3ono Ryan83 AuntPeg Engy Samantha25 Coleman125 Zeon49 Grantos888 PucPound Leesc Daibando D_Legend BeWhereAll El_Mogul WildC8rd Imber LabRat64 AceRag83 lufc333 PokerJason 1Nitro1 OCall Stupendous Stuch62 FCHD IDONKCALLU ============================================================== 67Bhoys has kindly put together a table showing the amount of profit/loss made for reaching each level, so the most you can ever lose by doing a run through of this is £1...and you could just win £200+ so get on it!! Level   Entry     Prize   Profit Cost of Out                     1        0.60        1.00        0.40 -          0.60 2        1.15        2.00        1.25 -          0.75 3        2.25        4.00        3.00 -          1.00 4        3.30        6.00        5.70 -          0.30 5        5.50      10.00      10.20           0.20 6      11.00      20.00      19.20 -          0.80 7      16.50      30.00      32.70           2.70 8      22.00      40.00      50.70          10.70 9      33.00      60.00      77.70          17.70 10      55.00     100.00     122.70          22.70 11      82.50     150.00     190.20          40.20 12     110.00     200.00     280.20          80.20 ================================================================================ I would just like to add a note here about a question I've been asked a few times so far as to whether people who normally play DYMs outside of this competition can continue to play them as normal and here are my thoughts... Basically, there's alot of people who play DYMs regularly and I don't think this challenge should affect them being able to play. It would also give the reserve effect that Sky would want, by making people play less DYMs than normal. The way I see it is, you have only failed if you play the relevant level and lose that game. So if you're up to the 60p game, then playing and losing a £5.50 DYM is no different from going and playing an MTT (it's unrelated to the challenge). So if you regularly play the £3.30 games, then all that matters is when you've won the £2.20 game, the next time you play a £3.30 you'll need to win it. Once you've done that you can lose 50 £3.30s in a row if ya like, because the next game for you (relevant to the challenge) is £5.50. ================================================================================ Good Luck All!
    Posted by Lambert180
    igot to level 9 crashed on 10 m8 u have me down as level 8 lol
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 105 Runners So Far!:
    In Response to DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 105 Runners So Far! : igot to level 9 crashed on 10 m8 u have me down as level 8 lol
    Posted by petethepla
    everyone has gone down a level because they got rid of the 30p dym and now it starts from 60p so thats why you are down as level 8 the levels have been adjusted
  • edited May 2012
    £22 dym Level 9 complete or as it is now the new level 8 (damn this is more confusiing now) and going hold off level 9 for a bit
    24 May '12 at 17:15PokerDouble Your Money£18.00
  • edited May 2012
    £22 dym Level 9 complete or as it is now the new level 8 (damn this is more confusiing now) and going hold off level 9 for a bit 24 May '12 at 17:15 Poker Double Your Money £18.00
    Posted by Dazler
    Or is that still Level 10 for you  m8 ? :-)
  • edited May 2012
    Lol, yaeh confusing indeed, perhaps may be easier if people say 'I won the £22 game, next is £33' or whatever. Aside from that... very nice work Dazler. If anyone has the discipline to pull this off, then it's you.
  • edited May 2012
    Lol, yaeh confusing indeed, perhaps may be easier if people say 'I won the £22 game, next is £33' or whatever. Aside from that... very nice work Dazler. If anyone has the discipline to pull this off, then it's you.
    Posted by Lambert180
    cheers lambert ill try my best and let everyone know when im playing next round :) and yea better to put the price of game agreed.
  • edited May 2012
    the scoreing before should not change    and as soon as someone loses there next level should start again at 60

i know i done level 9 simples and crashed on 10 simples but wont be trying no more