You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 231 Runners So

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Failed level 4,back to level 1
  • edited September 2014
    Level 1 complete! :D
  • edited September 2014

Fell at the 4th,will try again it was fun

• edited September 2014
    Level 2 complete! :D
  • edited September 2014

onto level 4 

• edited September 2014

fell at the 4th again
  • edited September 2014

level 1 completed,onward i tread.
  • edited September 2014

level 2 completed,my next mission is level 3!!!!!
  • edited September 2014

level 3 done,on to 4!!!
  • edited September 2014

Hi guys,ive not really played many DYM,s,play more reg tournaments.However since i have been trying this challenge,this is now my 3rd attempt,surely it can only help but improve your game,

So its good fun,good on your pocket,more cashes ,so whats the down side ????
  • edited September 2014

guys failed again,so far played 12 won 9 

short break then another go,may the river be with me

• edited September 2014

level completed again.Bring on 2
  • edited September 2014

level 2 done again,bring on 3 !!!!!
  • edited September 2014

level completed,now its 4 again,may the river be with me !!!!
  • edited September 2014

Guy,s again ive failed this mighest of quest,although battered and       bruised,i shall not waiver,i maybe be short in stature,but i,am stout     of  heart.

May the river be with me, yet again !!!!
  • edited September 2014

After a much needed hearty meal,and a tankard of ale. I have             continued this most perilous of quest,s. So far  i have had to fight,     off the 5 demons of the river bluff.VALIANT i return,from the 60p       arena. Now i must beg your leave,i now have to face,the 5 gargoyles,of the short stack.
  • edited September 2014

Listen all,

It is with a heavy heart,on this most miserable of days,that i must     deliver,the sadest of news.I have let you down my brothers in arms, [I the judge 10,had fallen under to the spell,of the 5 gargoyles,short of weapons,bloodied ,my position seemed hopless,then i looked down,i mustered my strength,and then shoved for all my worth,with my trusted steed A10 suited.
    The silence was deafning,then after  short council,out strode their leader,the massive ARNIE16,my heart sank,i knew i was done for.By his side he was aided by a pair of cowboys.Oh blast i cried,i was on a 3 outer.The flop was horrid,334 rainbow,still all is not yet over.The turn more hope as a 5 appears,suddenly my outs are doubled,i close my eyes,and clinch my fists,as the river deals its final body blow,the dreaded brick.

I must no go and replenish my funds.as this quest,has cost me dearley.I will go forth, and apply all that i have learned, in the 60p arena.

May the river be with you all,my brothers in arms.

• edited September 2014
    bust out of main and mini, so doing the challenge, on level 4
  • edited September 2014

Gather all,i have a dreadful tale to tell.Filled with my newly formed steely determination,i set out to ply my trade,in the highly respectable 60p arena.As i strode purposely on my jolly way,spring in my step,and nothing but warmth in my heart,life was good.I happened to meet by pure chance,a fair maiden in distress,telling me of such heartache,she was taken advantage of,by the heathens of SODOM and GAMORRAH.I then pledged to avenge my fair maiden.   

So onwards i go ,and sit down at the 2p & 4p tables,Ready to unleash my wrath,on theses reprobates.

Things were not going well,raising big,with premium hands,with the advantage of position over the enemy,BUT what is happening,im getting called pre,missing flops,making weak continuation bets.Surely this cannot be !!.Like a message  from the gods,out of position,i look down,and suited gap connectors, 3 limpers,and me out of position,so i apply pressure,and raise to a healthy 24p,had to make thuss muchto achieve my steal.No 1st villain calls ,and sets up a chain reaction.I nervously await the flop,6j2.of which 2 are clubs,yes i shout to my self,2nd pair and flush draw.SO i bet 1\2 pot,treading carefully against these vagabonds,but also wanting value if i hit again,1 caller,yes my plan is working.The turn a 4,a gift from the poker gods surely,2 pair and still the flush draw,i find it hard to contain my excitement.Contain it i do, and check to induce,heavens above,the villain see,s his chance,and bets full pot,ha ha ha, i think i have him ,so i shove, he snap calls.He then shows top pair with q kicker,how joyous my heart felt.In front with such a big draw,thinking i am home and dry.The river,oh no i cant believe my eyes,a queen,gave the treacherous villain a bigger 2 pair.

Lost all of my daily allowance,but i still have the fair maiden,no unbeknown to myself,she was only a temptress,and played her part well.

so i must bid you all goodnight,as i rest,and look forward to the trials and tribulations that lay ahead.
  • edited September 2014

sorry should read1/2 pot
  • edited September 2014

Good tidings all,
     I have rested well,eat heartedly,and eager to continue my noblest of quests.

However after losing my daily allowance yesterday, i must now go and approach the chancellor of the judge treasury.The lovely lady mandy.After much debate,and to my relief,sha has agreed to replenish my funds,so that i,the judge10 can continue my quest.

With confidence i march on,the demons were at there strongest last night,due to the fact,that it was a super moon,the last this year.

Remember brothers and sisters,we walk where angels fear to tread !

May the river be with me !

• edited September 2014

Joyous news,

I entered once more in to the 60p arena.and faced the mighty demons of the river bluff.Yet again i fought valiantly,and bravely,to over come these treacherous demons.

Now i look forward to the challenge that lays ahead.
     May the river be with me !!
  • edited September 2014

Blasted gargoyles,
     I succumbed to there spells once again,after picking my spots carefully,always on the high ground.However as the battle continued, i found myself,the short stack.Still i was determined, i was out of position,on the BB with 9,2.The goyle on the button decided to sneak in,and just limp.The flop comes,876 rainbow,not to bad,an open ender,so i check,hoping to get a free card,no such luck,the button makes a 1/2 pot bet,not to much i call.The turn,yet another gift from the poker gods,a 5,giving me the straight,i feel now that i have the hand well locked up.I check to allow the button to continue,his worthless bluff,yet again 1/2 pot,i cooly flat call.The river,a dreadful card a 9,surely that this must be a split pot,so i check again,the sneaky goyle puts in a 1/2 pot bet again.Now i really dont want the chop as i am a short stack,so i decide to bluff the river,and shove,representing a 10,or possibly j,10.The button goyle calls,oh no to my horror,he has the cards,j 10.I am left deflated yet again.

I must now venture out,and go and buy some much needed supplies,down the market square(the town).

Do not worry friends,i will continue this quest,albeit with all the hidden dangers.

I have been summoned to appear in front of my peers today,and explain my continued failure to complete this quest.Fortunately for me this meeting has been arranged,to take place at my local hostelry.(the pub)

My quest is now on hold,until i am fully refreshed,and seek expert advice from my peers.So i bid you all good day.

May the river be with you all
  • edited September 2014
    Enjoying your quest judge :D
    Best of luck!
  • edited September 2014
    Level 3 and 4 complete :)
  • edited September 2014
    Level 5 complete!

The best thing about the DYM spin-up challenge is going to the Sit & Go lobby clicking on Double Your Money and slowly and steadily getting to click the buttons from Micro to Low to Medium.
    Getting to Level 6 and being able to click on the Medium button feels like such a HUGE achievement!
    Hopefully before the end of the month I'll get the opportunity to click on the High button and play there!

:)
  • edited September 2014
    Oh my god mrs duck you are only 2 levels away from shangrila(the profit region).

good luck and i hope u do it ,remember play so tight,about 20% - 25% of flops seen,snd cream it  best of luck

• edited September 2014
    I failed level 6! Cryyyy
    Try again tomorrow!
  • edited September 2014
    Completed levels 1 and 2!
  • edited September 2014
    Completed level 3,then failed level 4!