You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 231 Runners So

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge -- Turn 30p into £200 --- Prizes To Be Announced!:
    10 days ago I started with a bankroll of £10 Last couple of days I have been trying the DYM laddering challenge & kept coming unstuck at the £2.25 level, which hurt as i had built the bankroll up quite nicely playing the Dym's at that level. Have now just won the £5.50 level 6 which takes the bankroll to £71.05. What on earth do I do now?? would love to take the next level on but that is now a huge chunk of the roll, or do i be conservative ( a coward ) & stick to playing the £2.25 as I had promised myself till i got over £100 + . Knowing that this is the last level at which failure would mean an overall loss, do I take the money and run?? What would anybody else do?
    Posted by Woogie8688
    Personally I'd just go for it, as you've pointed out, this is the last level where you could make a loss, so if you just get through 1 more game, you're up no matter what happens. Also, you haven't really lost £5.50 if you lose, cos the most you can ever lose by trying this challenge is 80p, the rest is just risking your own profit.

Take a shot, once you get past that level, pressures off, it's all win, then you can go on to win £200 stress-free :)
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge -- Turn 30p into £200 --- Prizes To Be Announced!:
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge -- Turn 30p into £200 --- Prizes To Be Announced! : Personally I'd just go for it, as you've pointed out, this is the last level where you could make a loss, so if you just get through 1 more game, you're up no matter what happens. Also, you haven't really lost £5.50 if you lose, cos the most you can ever lose by trying this challenge is 80p, the rest is just risking your own profit. Take a shot, once you get past that level, pressures off, it's all win, then you can go on to win £200 stress-free :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    oh well back to level 1 oops 
    That means pressure back on before I get to win £200 stress free lol
    Its ok m8 I dont hold you responsible lol when you walk into AK on an AAK flop then hit flush on the turn its pretty difficult to get off :-(

• edited May 2012
    Hi I will give it a go despite the fact omaha games stop at 11 pound!! No worries probably wont get that far anyhow :D. BTW has anayone heard from IRISHROVER??

Ger
  • edited May 2012
    Im defo up for this I managed to do it 3 times last time and this is a good way to build a bankroll as i know I did so will give it a go tomorrow
  • edited May 2012
    im in on the dym challenge refreshing idea  gl to me and everyone else   especially geradirl
  • edited May 2012
    Im defo up for this I managed to do it 3 times last time and this is a good way to build a bankroll as i know I did so will give it a go tomorrow
    Posted by kevcoke69
    Jesus! 3 times! That's pretty impressive Kev. Dya think you ran well? Were you keeping your game as low variance as possible, by avoiding races even as a decent favourite?

Good luck on doing it a 4th time.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge -- Turn 30p into £200 --- Prizes To Be Announced! : Jesus! 3 times! That's pretty impressive Kev. Dya think you ran well? Were you keeping your game as low variance as possible, by avoiding races even as a decent favourite? Good luck on doing it a 4th time.
    Posted by Lambert180
    i got to the last level and lost twice as well lol you cant avoid the races at all when your playing 13 levels just have to get it in and hope your ahead sometimes but some of the reg`s at the £10 level and above will eat you up alive if they sense fear or weakness so the advice i can give is play tight and if you play a hand play it strong
  • edited May 2012
    Back to square one!  oh well :)
  • edited May 2012
    Lambert I have a question. If I regularly play the 3.30 level and i start this competition and cash in 30p.....then move on to 60p...can i continue to play my 3.30 games in between?

Ger
  • edited May 2012
    Lambert I have a question. If I regularly play the 3.30 level and i start this competition and cash in 30p.....then move on to 60p...can i continue to play my 3.30 games in between? Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Yeah, I did post up about this earlier in the thread but I should probably add it to the OP so everyone can see it.

Basically, there's alot of people who play DYMs regularly and I don't think this challenge should affect them being able to play. It would also give the reserve effect that Sky would want, by making people play less DYMs than normal.

My girlfriend, Emma (Llamas on here) is currently in the process of doing a little thing where she's playing 100 DYMs at £1.15 and seeing what kinda win-rate she can get and is also wanting to give this challenge a go.

The way I see it is, you have only failed if you play the relevant level and lose that game. So if you're up to the 60p game, then playing and losing a £5.50 DYM is no different from going and playing an MTT (it's unrelated to the challenge).

So if you regularly play the £3.30 games, then all that matters is when you've won the £2.20 game, the next time you play a £3.30 you'll need to win it. Once you've done that you can lose 50 £3.30s in a row if ya like, because the next game for you (relevant to the challenge) is £5.50.
  • edited May 2012
    3 levels complete I will continue another day!
  • edited May 2012
    My money is on supersned getting there first!!!

Count me in only reached level 2 first attempt went out on ubble with AA
  • edited May 2012
    Doing well, conquered level 7, onto level 8 tomorrow!
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge -- Turn 30p into £200 --- Prizes To Be Announced! : oh well back to level 1 oops  That means pressure back on before I get to win £200 stress free lol Its ok m8 I dont hold you responsible lol when you walk into AK on an AAK flop then hit flush on the turn its pretty difficult to get off :-(
    Posted by Woogie8688
    LOL @ this! NEVER LISTEN TO LAMBERT! ;)
  • edited May 2012
    Late starter but Im up for this please. Going on 1st level now  if anyone wants to stop me !!!!
  • edited May 2012
    I'll have a few attempts at this, was good fun last time
  • edited May 2012

Got to L4 again last night but internet went down again ( bloody TALK TALK ).

Will have a serious go at this now that Lambert has improved the rules. i.e. being allowed to grind at 5.50s and just making sure the sequence isnt broken. Pure genius LOl, couldnt understand why this wasnt ok last time.
  • edited May 2012
    I'll do it if I'm not too late
  • edited May 2012
    No-one is too late, just get in as quick as possible. Will be updating the OP with current leaders etc today.
  • edited May 2012
    I think I've just played the toughest 30p DYM of my life lol thanks to this challenge!
  • edited May 2012
    I just played the easiest 60p DYM!  End hand

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    davhotred  Small blind   10.00  10.00  1625.00
    ellison84  Big blind   20.00  30.00  4135.00
       Your hole cards 
    K
    K

cenachav  Raise   60.00  90.00  4240.00
    mickzilla  Fold    
    davhotred  Fold    
    ellison84  Call   40.00  130.00  4095.00
    Flop

K

ellison84  Check    
    cenachav  Bet   65.00  195.00  4175.00
    ellison84  Call   65.00  260.00  4030.00
    Turn

ellison84  Check    
    cenachav  Bet   130.00  390.00  4045.00
    ellison84  Call   130.00  520.00  3900.00
    River

J

ellison84  Check    
    cenachav  All-in   4045.00  4565.00  0.00
    ellison84  All-in   3900.00  8465.00  0.00
    cenachav  Unmatched bet   145.00  8320.00  145.00
    ellison84  Show 
    J
    cenachav  Show 
    K
    K
    cenachav  Win  Three Kings  8320.00   8465.00

All done level one!
  • edited May 2012
    I'll attempt some tonight :)

Can't do much though sleeping at girlfriends... BORING
  • edited May 2012
    jeepers creepers, I don't remember it being so difficult at the early stages last time I attempted this challenge!

just won the £2.25 game but enough is enough for today

I'll try the £3.30 game tomorrow

good luck everyone xx
  • edited May 2012
    Level 8 completed , on to level 9!
  • edited May 2012
    Wow great work wynne. Keep it going.

GaryQQQ would you mind verifying this for me on Sharkscope? :)
  • edited May 2012
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Wynne

glglglglglglglglglgl my friend :) x

• edited May 2012
    Level 8 completed , on to level 9!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Gl!!!
  • edited May 2012
    just got to level 5 in dym step up all good so far will continue tomorrow
  • edited May 2012
    level 6 here i come lol this being my 7th attempt prob continue  tomoz  but may do it tonight

gl everyone
  • edited May 2012
    I wanna go, is there aregistration or anything to be included?