You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The manner's of some people?

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
I just played a 30p DYM......I cant believe that losing 30p would make people so rude.....a person who I will not name went out  after losing a hand to me and then called me a see you next tuesday. I believe that people like that should not be playing poker or should they be allowed to chat, so I've reported that person and I hope they get chat banned.

I dont think anyone should put up with this and should report these sort of people straight away.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Thats disgraceful and I am sure they will be chat banned immediately, shocking!

Dave
  • edited November 2009
    yeah they will be chat banned ok,and rightly so.good on ya for reporting it
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to The manner's of some people?:
    I just played a 30p DYM......I cant believe that losing 30p would make people so rude.....a person who I will not name went out  after losing a hand to me and then called me a see you next tuesday. I believe that people like that should not be playing poker or should they be allowed to chat, so I've reported that person and I hope they get chat banned. I dont think anyone should put up with this and should report these sort of people straight away.
    Posted by COCASIRF
    call me daft but what does this imply or mean?
  • edited November 2009
    oops ive just realised lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The manner's of some people?:
    In Response to The manner's of some people? : call me daft but what does this imply or mean?
    Posted by loonytoons

lol.......a very rude word....I can not repeat it or I will get chat banned.........lol
  • edited November 2009
    Well done for reporting them. Too many let this sort of behaviour pass, not just on line but in real life. Well done.
  • edited November 2009
    oops ive just realised lol
    Posted by loonytoons

lol......You make me laff.
  • edited November 2009
    Well done for reporting them. Too many let this sort of behaviour pass, not just on line but in real life. Well done.
    Posted by Urdadi

I could half understand if it was for hundreds of pounds.....but 30p come on.

• edited November 2009
    30p,,or £30,,,does not matter no need for that language,,but reporting it a mute point with me, I would not but its your choice.
  • edited November 2009
    30p,,or £30,,,does not matter no need for that language,,but reporting it a mute point with me, I would not but its your choice.
    Posted by brookbrid

If people have got hang ups there is no need to use that language......I sometimes have my daughters to stay and sometimes they watch me...They should'nt be seeing that sort of language directed at people.........its a game at the end of the day
  • edited November 2009
    i know its not very nice but come on how old are we here, so he used that word i dont think the person deserves to be chat banned for showing a bit of emotion and getting a little upset. he prob knows what he did was wrong but if stuff like this is gonna get reported and people over exaggerating all the time then we may aswell block the chat full stop.
  • edited November 2009
    i know its not very nice but come on how old are we here, so he used that word i dont think the person deserves to be chat banned for showing a bit of emotion and getting a little upset. he prob knows what he did was wrong but if stuff like this is gonna get reported and people over exaggerating all the time then we may aswell block the chat full stop.
    Posted by webby234[/QUOTE

Tottally disagree......there is no need to type that sort of language on the screen. if you read my post above yours it explains why you shouldnt be using that language where other people can see it
  • edited November 2009
    to be fair you need to be 18 to play poker so young children shouldnt be on, if your not allowed to get emotional and sometimes use bad language then we may aswell rename poker to scrable or chess.
  • edited November 2009
    THE PROBLEM I HAVE , MOST OF THE THINGS PEOPLE CALL ME ARE TRUE .
  • edited November 2009
    to be fair you need to be 18 to play poker so young children shouldnt be on, if your not allowed to get emotional and sometimes use bad language then we may aswell rename poker to scrable or chess.
    Posted by webby234

words are banned for a reason...and I also did'nt say that under 18's play poker on my computer
  • edited November 2009
    You would think that the way some people react when they lose a 30p DYM it is the end of the world.
    I am glad you reported them. They don't deserve to have to privilege to the chat box.
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by webby234
    Hi webby

Chat rules are put in place to stop this sort of behaviour, I know there are people who do not swear and find swearing distressing, it has no place here at Sky Poker.
  • edited November 2009
    Webby

Is your chat ban still running?
  • edited November 2009
    Totally agree no place for it at all i am pretty easy going guy but the other day a player on this site who i wont name he knows who he is told me to go and die from CANCER this i find even more offensive yet its not chat banned so lets be real there is no place in poker live or online for it think what you like btu dont repeat it comments like yours webby can only lead to more trouble where does it stop if you allow this kind of thing to start
  • edited November 2009
    THE PROBLEM I HAVE , MOST OF THE THINGS PEOPLE CALL ME ARE TRUE .
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    lol brilliant
  • edited November 2009
    i'm just saying its not a massive deal like people are making it out to be, now and again people get frustrated and might swear, people want wrapping up in cotton wool too much imo. for all we know he could be one of the nicest guys on the planet and just needed to let off some steam, were old enough and ugly enough to ignore this kind of stuff and not run to the head teacher everytime somebody swears
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by webby234
    I've actually seen a fight at a chess match. Punches thrown.

Don't get me started on scrabble. In my house not unusual to see the board go flying, just because someone cannot spell. Pictionary is worse.
  • edited November 2009
    i'm just saying its not a massive deal like people are making it out to be, now and again people get frustrated and might swear, people want wrapping up in cotton wool too much imo. for all we know he could be one of the nicest guys on the planet and just needed to let off some steam, were old enough and ugly enough to ignore this kind of stuff and not run to the head teacher everytime somebody swears
    Posted by webby234

so in a nutshell you are condoning abuse?...there are other ways to show your frustation. many people get frustrated BUT they dont start calling people very abusive names.

• edited November 2009
    no i dont condone abuse but just lets try and stop running to headteacher all time everytime someone swears, its the real world it happens
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry disagree again

In contemporary culture the C word is considered to be one of, if not the most offensive word in the English language.

I dont think of it as a swear word
  • edited November 2009
    I just played a 30p DYM......I cant believe that losing 30p would make people so rude.....a person who I will not name went out  after losing a hand to me and then called me a see you next tuesday. I believe that people like that should not be playing poker or should they be allowed to chat, so I've reported that person and I hope they get chat banned. I dont think anyone should put up with this and should report these sort of people straight away.
    Posted by COCASIRF

Keyboard heroes!! never in a million years will these people have the bottle to say it ya your face ;)
  • edited November 2009
    a person who I will not name went out  after losing a hand to me and then called me a see you next tuesday
    LoL, as rude as this was of the guy, the way you phrased it made me chuckle! Took a few seconds to register, similar to loony, then I genuinely LoL'd in my seat. Never heard sum1 say that :)
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by COCASIRF
    Sorry to enlighten you ...but its not the 30p....but its the time we all spend playing ...only to get fizzed out ..by a ridiculous flop...Its not your fault if you are a lucky player selected to win by the softwhare, it players blame you for it! I have had terrible thing said to me ...and attacks on my family to ..but you just have to ignore it ...a lot of these players need to let off steam...and so you become the punch bag!
    I never report these people, why would i deprive myself of a charactor....personally it makes me laugh at them...And if you repond in an inteligent way ..it makes them worse! tata chap!
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by webby234
    +1

• edited November 2009
    Hi

The rules of chat are in place for this sort of thing for a reason, I feel it is up to each and every one of us make sure that the rules are stuck to, however, I also think that a better way to deal with an issue like this is to ask the player/railer politley to stop as people may find it offensive, (This does depend on confidence, some players may not feel they are able), then depending on the reaction of that player/railer, would then of course depend what action was taken next, should they apologise, then maybe let it go, should they carry on,  say unless you stop I will report you to Customer Care, and of course should they still refuse to stop then start a live chat/send an email, and yes, I have had to do this and a player stopped and appologised, but also had a player refuse and reported.