You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

You could not make it up.

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

You do see the weirdest things typed into the ChatBox during Poker Tourneys.

If you see any oddball ones, Post them here please. I'm going to try & make notes of ones I see & Post them daily.

Here's tonight's offering, from a Tourney I played this evening.

This guy was sitting very deep, triple average I think. He said.....

"I'm not playing here again, I'm going back to (another Online CardRoom),  they have better River Cards there".

And he was serious.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Doughnut! or he had escaped from area 51!!!
  • edited November 2009
    which site is this?  i could use better river cards so might try it out. thx
  • edited November 2009
    Wasn't it the one with lifelike peoples on the tables?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to You could not make it up.:
    You do see the weirdest things typed into the ChatBox during Poker Tourneys. If you see any oddball ones, Post them here please. I'm going to try & make notes of ones I see & Post them daily. Here's tonight's offering, from a Tourney I played this evening. This guy was sitting very deep, triple average I think. He said..... "I'm not playing here again, I'm going back to (another Online CardRoom),  they have better River Cards there". And he was serious.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Do the river cards on the other site have a gold inlay or are they diamond encrusted?
    I think that SkyPoker should consider better river cards too.
    Personally, I'd like to see animated picture cards on the river.
  • edited November 2009
    lol, unusual to hear someone moan when winning!
  • edited November 2009

Awww what a shame for him. I know the anguish of seeing that river card come down and it's JUST A PLAIN OLD CARD like the rest of them. It realy should appear with fireworks or something, kind of like a Grand Finale to the board :)

• edited November 2009
    Hi tikay

Lol, it has to be, on this other site he can ask for the river card he wants and gets it :)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: You could not make it up.:
    Hi tikay Lol, it has to be, on this other site he can ask for the river card he wants and gets it :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Barry we all know this happens here for a select few.

I figure if i stay here long enough i might get an invite into this exclusive little club.

Nod, nod, wink, wink say no more.

;-)))
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: You could not make it up. : Barry we all know this happens here for a select few. I figure if i stay here long enough i might get an invite into this exclusive little club. Nod, nod, wink, wink say no more. ;-)))
    Posted by achill

The initiation ceremony isn't a pleasant experience though if you want in on the club. May I suggest that in preparation you visit your local library and take as many books as you can relating to 'steam power through the ages' Also ensure you are wearing clean underwear at all times in case you get the call.
  • edited November 2009
    You do see the weirdest things typed into the ChatBox during Poker Tourneys. If you see any oddball ones, Post them here please. I'm going to try & make notes of ones I see & Post them daily. Here's tonight's offering, from a Tourney I played this evening. This guy was sitting very deep, triple average I think. He said..... "I'm not playing here again, I'm going back to (another Online CardRoom),  they have better River Cards there". And he was serious.
    Posted by Tikay10
    What is his issue with Sky? he is implying that 4 of the 5 cards here rock his world! lol
  • edited November 2009
    Wasn't it the one with lifelike peoples on the tables?
    Posted by elsadog
    I'd describe them as more cartoon-like than lifelike, but one imagines children would find them interesting.
  • edited November 2009
    I work on trains and so have been expecting the call and promotion straight up to gold member level.

Thanks for the tip about clean underwear, that will be a lot harder to find.
  • edited November 2009
    I work on trains and so have been expecting the call and promotion straight up to gold member level. Thanks for the tip about clean underwear, that will be a lot harder to find.
    Posted by achill
    Doing what, exactly, & where, if I may make so bold as to enquire?
  • edited November 2009
    Whilst waiting to join a lively cash table yesterday, I noticed a rather fruity exchange between two players that went thus:

Player 1: I bet you're an internet geek. Do you even know what a girl is?

Player 2: Lol! Yep. Had one on Monday!

Player 1: Your sister doesn't count. 

As you'd expect... It kicked off a little after that.
  • edited November 2009
    Whilst waiting to join a lively cash table yesterday, I noticed a rather fruity exchange between two players that went thus: Player 1: I bet you're an internet geek. Do you even know what a girl is? Player 2: Lol! Yep. Had one on Monday! Player 1: Your sister doesn't count.  As you'd expect... It kicked off a little after that.
    Posted by FlutNush
    I love it lol
  • edited November 2009

OMG!

Bet he came from Cornwall. ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Actually, whilst I'm wandering down Amnesia Avenue, to remember creative insults...

Many years ago, some Sports TV bigwigs apparently tried to spice up the Cricket coverage. Their idea, was to place microphones around the pitch to pick up exchanges between players, and discussions about strategy. The plan backfired and all they picked up, was abuse.

I forget the players' names, but one such exchange involved a new batsman about to take the crease, when a devious wicket-keeper attempted to put him off his stoke:

Wicket-Keeper: “Oi, how come you're so fat?”

Batsman: “Because your Mum gives me a biscuit every time I frot with her”.

Please note: as this is a friendly (ish) forum, I have slightly amended the language so as to avoid offence.
  • edited November 2009
    I think that one is apocryphal and has been attributed to several players.
    Shane Warne is generally quoted, though.
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    Unbelievable lol i would settle for average at the momment with my run of cards lately lol
  • edited November 2009
    The classic retort is from Winston Churchill to Lady Astor (I think - Tikay was there so he will know)

Churchill was walking through the House of Lords after having a few too many drinks. Lady Astor stopped him and said ''Sir, you are drunk'' Quick as a flash Churchill replied ''Yes Madam and you are ugly, but tomorrow, I will be sober''
  • edited November 2009
    Aussies are big and empty, just like their country.
    Ian Botham

I wish I could remember the players name, but one guy came out to bat and Shane Warne said to him, "I've been waiting two years to bowl you out again"

the batsman's response.

"two years.. looks like you've spent that time eating you fat xxxx "
  • edited November 2009
    When people say "Sorry" after giving out a bad beat. If you are sorry give them their chips back. Saying sorry is almost as bad as the bad beat itself
  • edited November 2009
    Actually, whilst I'm wandering down Amnesia Avenue, to remember creative insults... Many years ago, some Sports TV bigwigs apparently tried to spice up the Cricket coverage. Their idea, was to place microphones around the pitch to pick up exchanges between players, and discussions about strategy. The plan backfired and all they picked up, was abuse. I forget the players' names, but one such exchange involved a new batsman about to take the crease, when a devious wicket-keeper attempted to put him off his stoke: Wicket-Keeper: “Oi, how come you're so fat?” Batsman: “Because your Mum gives me a biscuit every time I frot with her ”. Please note: as this is a friendly (ish) forum, I have slightly amended the language so as to avoid offence.
    Posted by FlutNush
    Yes, this one was attributed to Shane Warne as Mere said. My favourite cricket sledge concerns Ian Botham and Rodney Marsh, the Aussie wicketkeeper. Allegedly it goes something like this:

Botham comes out to bat, and Marsh Says to him " Hi Beefy, how's your wife and MY kids"
    Botham replies " The wife's fine thanks, and the kids are retarded" 

Don't know if it's just another urban myth, expanded down the years, but it made me laugh.
  • edited November 2009
    Nice one Labrat That's a perfect advert for the fact that, despite what the tabloids would have you believe, drugs actually don't rot your brain. If anything, they seems to sharpen your wit, and ought to be upgraded from 'Class B' to 'Mandatory'. Mr. Botham would doubtless be proud of this contribution.

But I'd also like to address FlashFlushs' point, i.e.: “Saying sorry when giving out a bad beat”. Seriously, what is the correct etiquette here?

If you say 'Sorry', it appears understandably disingenuous.

If you say 'Unlucky', it sounds like you're stating the obvious.

If you say 'I shouldn't have even been in the hand, I'm quite mad', it creates unnecessary tension and undue concern.

If you say nothing, you look smug.

I've tried diversionary tactics before, but alas, to no avail. For example, suddenly shouting 'Is that a badger behind you? Blimey, how did that get in here?' simply draws even more attention to you.

Can we also divert this post even more, to agree upon the correct way of being the victim a bad beat? How do you answer someone who has perpetrated the bad beat? Is the following acceptable: “You do realise of course, that I shall have to follow you home and kill you?”

I'm in such a quandary, I may have to find another game. Like Cage Fighting.

• edited November 2009
    hey guys,

just a quick note... i have had to remove a recent post from this discussion. i know this is a jokey thread but please keep all the language decent!

thank you for your understanding on this.

Rich
  • edited November 2009
    thats a good one richtea, who says cricket is a gentlemens game :)
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    lmao
  • edited November 2009
    You may have heard this one before

There was a commentary on a cricket match some years ago, It was West Indies v England, I dont know who the commentator was, and it went...............the bowlers Holding (Ian) the batsman's Willey (Peter).
  • edited November 2009
    lol  that  a  classic    tikay
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: You could not make it up. : Doing what, exactly, & where, if I may make so bold as to enquire?
    Posted by Tikay10
    For your eyes only Tikay.
    Metropolitan line. London Underground. When the trains break down i fix them.

Let me know when the ceremony is, i brought some new pants so its all good.

P.S I think skyrich sounds very manly when he closes a thread or deletes a post.

Must get in at platinum level now.