You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

some feedback on all streets, please.

2»

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: some feedback on all streets, please.:
    well basically you are turning top pair into a bluff vs made hands and only get called by worse when he has draws which have a good amount of equity. you want him to barrel the turn if he is bluff/semi bluffing it is highly exploitable to be raise/folding tpgk here
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    .....once again, i KNEW he wouldn't 3-bet. I've played on his table a few times and watched him closely because he was the best on there. I'd seen him in these situations before call a reraise then just check the turn, which is exactly what he did. I exploited his tendency.

I'm failing to see how exploiting a tell i'd picked up on, in position with a not-terrible hand is bad play from me?

It might not make sense out of the poker rule book or in a long term way against different opponents but i thought this was the right play against this opponent in this situation.

I obviously appreciate feedback because i'm here to learn but i'm not really understanding the point (which is why i'm playing 2p/4p and you're not haha).
  • edited May 2012
    I don't understand the unwritten 'rules' about raise/folding flops either....

Because if you're the villain oop in this hand, what hands are you allowed to 4bet?

He has to flat everything he wants to continue with (for the reasons people are suggesting we have to flat his flop cbet), and then check the turn to us?

-------------

I would just flat the flop if I'm hero btw, as I don't love my hand, but what hands are we allowed to raise here? 

None again? 

• edited May 2012
    think it's ok to raise flop but if you raise flop then obviously your not folding otherwise you may aswel be raising with nothing

like lol_raise says if someoen comes back at u with worse then your knackered

overall it's just a flat flop, inflat pot on turn
  • edited May 2012

Pip, you say im not 3betting you on the flop. I certainly am with certain hands.
    Your not the only person with reads on opponents remember ;)

At the end of the day, you gave me odds to just flat flop and turn (so why should i bother raising). River was just a cooler.

• edited May 2012
    also Pip, you mention that i always flat oop then check to the aggressor on the turn? To be perfectly honest, who doesn't? Why would i donk lead the turn against a better than average NL4 player?
    Ive got more serious issues when i check to you, even before i consider the situations where i donk lead then get flatted/raised. Why make decisions even harder?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: some feedback on all streets, please.:
    No, if he 3-bets i fold. You have to realise though i was 20% playing the board and 80% playing the player. Cards and odds and everything don't matter when i knew from his previous play at the table that my flop raise would prevent him from barrelling the turn and allow me to get the river dirt cheap if i needed it. I KNEW he wouldn't 3-bet the flop so i don't see how my raise can be wrong. A lot of people would have shoved there given the odds but my read was that he wouldn't.
    Posted by Pipunch
    Ok I obv don't know exact ranges or dynamic between either of you but at a kind of educated guess on what regs might play here's my 2c. Also answer the 3 questions I posted earlier cos it's pretty important (you don't need to post answers if you don't want to, but you need to think about them

Swog opens in mp, prob doesn't have a very wide range here, your call is questionable pre imo, u have pretty hand but one with rio issues. It's prob ok though

• edited May 2012
    When Swog bets flop he has a pretty wide range. You are ahead of his range.  So you shouldn't fold.  You can raise if he calls/ 3bets with worse. But raise/folding is pretty bad as there are too many air balls /semi bluffs in his range ( unless you have specific reads that tell you different). Also the part of his range that continues prob crushes KT . He prob has no worse Kx hands in his range , and prob folds all worse hands other than draws. So his continuing range either crushes you or has good equity v you, while he folds hands you crush and 3bets and makes you fold best hand sometimes
    Ofc he checks turn to you after flatting c/r nearly all regs will. Talking about getting a free card is nonsensical as (a) you pay prob much the same raising flop as calling flop and turn (which will be against a wider range) and (b) free card isn't that good for you, you only have 5 outs to improve usually, it's more likely to benefit oppo
    Now you may have reads to make your line ok, but it would be unusual for this to be good v any decent player
    Btw Swog 3b flop and get it inSorry had to post in separate posts, stoopid iPad
  • edited May 2012
    i wasn't quite sure given the size of the pot in relation to stack sizes if 3betting getting it in would be good. Granted i might make alot of hands fold. Then what if i get 4bet shoved on and im never ahead in that spot.
    Maybe that is a little results orientated. As in a usual hand played this way with a weak raise on flop, you would expect 2pair/sets?
  • edited May 2012
    2pair really unlikely. Kk also really unlikely

You always have at least 30% equity when you shove, you are close to a flip v 1pr hands, you can also get it in v worse draws and fold out some better hands. It also balances your range

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: some feedback on all streets, please.:
    I don't understand the unwritten 'rules' about raise/folding flops either.... Because if you're the villain oop in this hand, what hands are you allowed to 4bet? He has to flat everything he wants to continue with (for the reasons people are suggesting we have to flat his flop cbet), and then check the turn to us? ------------- I would just flat the flop if I'm hero btw, as I don't love my hand, but what hands are we allowed to raise here?  None again? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Raise hands that can be called/3bet by worse
    Raise hands that are not strong enough to call if you think oppo folds enough
    In this hand raise some air, draws, sets, slow played AK. Dynamic will adjust all your ranges

You can raise fold stuff like tp if you know we beat villains calling range and are a dog to his 3betting range given money in pot. Generally you need to know his calling range is wide for this