You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Site Unplayable tonight - connectionwise

I have tried to play a few tournaments tonight, but no more than 2 at a time.

However, every few hands I have been disconnected.  Even when playing only one at  time.

A lot of the time it is happening when I have put chips in already, and would be happy to put in more, but end up being folded.

But even if I had been planning to fold every time, there's no point in continuing if there are such delays all the time.  Three or four times, I have had to come out of the program (download app) and restart it.  That too can take several attempts.  I was out of one tournament for about 2 orbits.

My internet connection is fine for all other purposes. 

Is this problem likely to be fixed?

Up until this week, I have never had any problems.  And even earlier this week, it was only occasional hand.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Site Unplayable tonight - connectionwise:
    I have tried to play a few tournaments tonight, but no more than 2 at a time. However, every few hands I have been disconnected.  Even when playing only one at  time. A lot of the time it is happening when I have put chips in already, and would be happy to put in more, but end up being folded. But even if I had been planning to fold every time, there's no point in continuing if there are such delays all the time.  Three or four times, I have had to come out of the program (download app) and restart it.  That too can take several attempts.  I was out of one tournament for about 2 orbits. My internet connection is fine for all other purposes.  Is this problem likely to be fixed? Up until this week, I have never had any problems.  And even earlier this week, it was only occasional hand.
    Posted by Padzz77

Again tonight, the connection keeps cutting out.

Is it a bug in the software, or is it some sort of cyberattack on the site?

• edited May 2012
    Nowt wrong here. I'd check everything on your end.

If the game is really slow, check your ping using the link above - The lower your ping, the better. Your ping will increase proportionately to the number of tables you are running, so make sure you're not playing so many tables that your computer/internet connection can't handle it.

Also check what is running at the same time as you are playing Poker - If you've got scheduled virus scans, defragmenting or something like that running in the background while you're playing, it's going to slow everything down a hell of a lot.

If you're getting disconnected a lot - Are you using a wireless internet connection?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Site Unplayable tonight - connectionwise:
    Nowt wrong here. I'd check everything on your end. http://www.speedtest.net/ If the game is really slow, check your ping using the link above - The lower your ping, the better. Your ping will increase proportionately to the number of tables you are running, so make sure you're not playing so many tables that your computer/internet connection can't handle it. Also check what is running at the same time as you are playing Poker - If you've got scheduled virus scans, defragmenting or something like that running in the background while you're playing, it's going to slow everything down a hell of a lot. If you're getting disconnected a lot - Are you using a wireless internet connection?
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Thanks for all the suggestions.  I genuinely appreciate the effort.  However, it definitely isnt a problem at my end.

• edited June 2012
    Exactly the same problem for a few days, ending up going all in every time I had a half decent hand and connection in a MTT, did'nt see the result half the time. Can't carry on with sky, I'll deposit and try another poker site to see if it's the same
  • edited June 2012
    Padzz77, are u using a dongle?