You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Input on this would be pretty good as i seem to be a donkey, clown eg? id say i got balls other than

2»

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Input on this would be pretty good as i seem to be a donkey, clown eg? id say i got balls other than anything else!:
    Was that ment to be some form of sarcism amy?
    Posted by kidwiz10
    Did you post this thread for feedback or for a back pat for playing well? Just wondering as anytime anyone has said anything negative to it you've kind of tried to defend it.

And no I don't think his post is sarcasm, but making the point that either the guy couldn't play well and just was sticking to his tptk, which can happen early stages of an MTT, and why bluffing isn't always wise. Or maybe he had noted you playing to many hands so far? Or had notes on you from some other game etc and was playing against you the player not the board. That is his point, and nothin sarcstic about it.
  • edited May 2012
    Yea thx for that post pingu nice size to so appreciate the effort there , but i will say one thing tho i didnt call with the k9 to hit 2 pair eg i called to try outplay him might be a bit to early on in the tourny to have gotten myself into that situation but impatience not good lol

Anyway i did think of 4 betting but the problem i have is if he just flats this then the flop hits he could have ak? then with me hitting 2nd pair id be in difficult street so i fancied my chances of hoping the bord runs out as it did and try rep sumit big on this occasion it didnt work and then i got lucky on river but ill take that

Yea you was right about the river bet was pointless i shoulda just jammed as i didnt have relativly much back at that , but if i did have the flush id never jam the turn as in most cases this will fold out big hands A dim .K dim eg , and least buy min raising turn i could get value from it and to be honest id probly play it exactly the same way just jam the river of course
  • edited May 2012
    Geldy no offence but how could this ever be a brag post? its 10min into a tourny , and yea i was asking for advise and fabraclass and pingu are the ones who seem to make sense as the rest is to do with fold k9 pre which in my game is not possible as if i raise button then fold to 3 bets all the time im gunna get walked over i wanted advice on my play on the streets eg

And as fab pointed out i was just unlucky to play sum1 who would risk it all so early with 1 pair when most better plays would have layed down much better with the action given and advice you call idiots like idonkcall advice when he slates me for my play with 2nd pair but yet doesnt seem to read the 1st post i wrote about what i had set up yea amazing:)
  • edited May 2012
    you do come across a little aggressive if someone says they don't understand your play. Your reply re pingu's comments suggest your are willing to listen to other's ideas, just don't be so quick to castigate those who don't get what you were trying to do. 
  • edited May 2012
    would u of posted this hand if u lost kidwiz ? obviously not so its a brag post :)
  • edited May 2012
    (Yout put him on aa kk so u raise turn),,,,,,,,,,,,im just trying to wind you up   yea thats advice there thats a plonker who shouldnt even comment , and yes that would be as i stated the very 1st post under my hand that what i put him on was big holdings andi called with the k9 to outplay him if it runs out a wet bord so i did put out my plan clearly enough and all i get back is fold k9 pre bla bla which in fact is not advice
  • edited May 2012
    Why are you even posting ive seen a few of your lame comments on other posts which are just irrelevent , how is it a brag post i didnt win anything?? its not a massive cash hand is it , its just a hand in the 1st level of a tourny and i asked for advice on my play

And to your question yea i would have posted it if i miss river and lose asking was my play okay and is it good in the long run so theres your answer:D
  • edited May 2012

YOu slate him, but to be honest its just as risky running a bluff on someone early in a tournament with no idea of their play or their holdings. I said before fold pre, but thats only because of the stageof the tournament. I don't have a problem with raising K9 on the BTN when its worth it, but the risk reward at this stage just isn' there for me. And even if playing like Pingu said I don't overly like flatting when I could easy be dominaed by AK, or KQ etc. It's easy to say "I thought I could outplay them", but how the hell can you know that this early in a tournament with no knowledge on him? Sure you got postion and that helps, but he has betting lead, which unless you got a kind board to bluff at its difficult unless he misses and gives up the lead.

Bluffing early in a tournamen with unknown players is about as wise as bluffing at 4nl, as so often you have playersnot even overly thinking about your hand. So no offense meant but you kind of dug your own hole here and got really lucky on a river or you'd have been busted or short stacked on a hand you didn't really need to go to battle with at this stage of a tournament.

To be honest been easier if I'd just done a +1 to pingu's long post as the points are well made there.

• edited May 2012
    its a ego thing saying look at me i mean look at me i won with k 9 and got lucky lol like u said kam early stages no reads so how can u outplay some 1 u have no notes or reads on the opponent could be a manica a pro etc u dnt know all u know is im gonna win this hand no matter what which is gambling right ?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Input on this would be pretty good as i seem to be a donkey, clown eg? id say i got balls other than anything else!:
    Yea thx for that post pingu nice size to so appreciate the effort there , but i will say one thing tho i didnt call with the k9 to hit 2 pair eg i called to try outplay him might be a bit to early on in the tourny to have gotten myself into that situation but impatience not good lol Anyway i did think of 4 betting but the problem i have is if he just flats this then the flop hits he could have ak? then with me hitting 2nd pair id be in difficult street so i fancied my chances of hoping the bord runs out as it did and try rep sumit big on this occasion it didnt work and then i got lucky on river but ill take that Yea you was right about the river bet was pointless i shoulda just jammed as i didnt have relativly much back at that , but if i did have the flush id never jam the turn as in most cases this will fold out big hands A dim .K dim eg , and least buy min raising turn i could get value from it and to be honest id probly play it exactly the same way just jam the river of course
    Posted by kidwiz10
    I think this is going to cause you a lot of problems + cost you a lot of money, and I'm sure you know that as well. Do you multitable? If you're single tabling, then it's very easy to get bored of clicking the fold button all the time, so you play hands that you shouldn't be playing.
  • edited May 2012
    How is it ego here when me winning this hand is irrelevant to nothing as i didnt gain anything? ,

No i had a plan to stick to as tikay sais you gotta finish your story ay , and no gambling would have been me pushing pre all in when its 10000% sure hes got Aces
  • edited May 2012
    I do multi table and i was at the time also , its the highest buy in mtt ive played in before as i really am not an mtt player i make the same moves in cash all the time and as fabraclass pointed out i should keep it to that , inexperince which obviously showed on the slower structure game  , i personally wouldnt say its gunna cost me alot of money as i think against better players itl work now and again and i rarely play mtts guess it was just a bit of fun to to try it and playing this type of tourney is just rare

Btw have you seen the video on Victor bloom where he raise then pushes on a re raise on some guy on a like A A X board with literlly garbage on sum tourny

Never comparing myself to him just balls comes to mind
  • edited May 2012
    yeah i did and the guy had an ace ifd won loads of chips was chipleader n im right was in weop 2010 and the player who won the hand was a novice an lost it all on day 2 
  • edited May 2012
    heres the hand a great player btw just bad timing http://youtu.be/G5ASZKL01ss
  • edited May 2012
    Cheer dude and yea thats the hand i guess that was a 5bet shove lol ,

Timing was off yea but having the guts to go with it i have alot of respect for big time

There all on the table laughing at him but whos the one with the fame the money eg thats a full on omaha move right there mind haha
  • edited May 2012
    and the moral of the story:

i) it is difficult to bluff fish
    and/or
    ii) it is difficult to bluff peeps who have seen you making lots of moves

neither on the youtube clip, or the hand details above, do we have enough information to decide which is which
  • edited May 2012
    he doesnt care winning that is just 1 hand in a cash game for him  on a certain poker site great player tho fearless like dwan 
  • edited May 2012
    i here to give u advice im sorry if i came across rude just honest viktor blom can do  this coz hes loadedand this doesnt matter but u trying to play like a maniac obv u trying to get a image but 1st hand ?????? can understnadon a cash table but k 9 is a fold preflop just play tight bounty hunters just be patient and play strong hands im sure u will do ok and be in the tourney alot longer then trying to be the next blom :)
  • edited May 2012
    I do multi table and i was at the time also , its the highest buy in mtt ive played in before as i really am not an mtt player i make the same moves in cash all the time and as fabraclass pointed out i should keep it to that , inexperince which obviously showed on the slower structure game  , i personally wouldnt say its gunna cost me alot of money as i think against better players itl work now and again and i rarely play mtts guess it was just a bit of fun to to try it and playing this type of tourney is just rare Btw have you seen the video on Victor bloom where he raise then pushes on a re raise on some guy on a like A A X board with literlly garbage on sum tourny Never comparing myself to him just balls comes to mind
    Posted by kidwiz10
    I think it will work against very good players sometimes. As long a s you haven't been getting out of line too much, you go allin on the river( as long as a fourth flush card doesn't come maybe). and you are extremely deep. I think the two of you were about 200bbs deep.

However I would more often then not, and especially without good information on the opponent,fold pre. I think you show a lot of bravery on the turn. And if a good opponent is betting an overpair or top pair on the turn with or without a flush draw, you put them under alot of pressure this deep. But if you were both around 100bbs or less, I am not a big fan of the move, as the opponent will be more pot committed, and  therefore you have far less leverage to force them off big hands.
  • edited May 2012
    heres the hand a great player btw just bad timing  http://youtu.be/G5ASZKL01ss
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Awesomely great would likely be more accurate. He crushes online right now. Think on he figures I saw on the recent battles he had with some of the other top pros he just killed it. Yep definately a bluff at bad time this one, but hey at least he likely had a read on the guy before doing it, and for a moment he had the guy thinking he was beat even with the ace. hehe
  • edited May 2012
    was a good try he got kahoooonas i think alot of people would fold a 7 thinking im out kicked here 
  • edited May 2012
    I do multi table and i was at the time also , its the highest buy in mtt ive played in before as i really am not an mtt player i make the same moves in cash all the time and as fabraclass pointed out i should keep it to that , inexperince which obviously showed on the slower structure game  , i personally wouldnt say its gunna cost me alot of money as i think against better players itl work now and again and i rarely play mtts guess it was just a bit of fun to to try it and playing this type of tourney is just rare Btw have you seen the video on Victor bloom where he raise then pushes on a re raise on some guy on a like A A X board with literlly garbage on sum tourny Never comparing myself to him just balls comes to mind
    Posted by kidwiz10
    Also, its not just the slower structure but the fact it is a bounty hunter. You will see a lot more odd play I find in them just because of the bounty. And sometimes its not even just odd play, but the bounty calculated into the odds etc. Not saying villian as right in this hand either by the way, as not commented on that really. Just commented on yours as villian didn't post for his hand to be assessed.

So yeah definately have to adjust play from most game types. BH, cash, SNG, DYM and MTT all have slightly different play styles and easy to mis-step in them. Cash game players normally make transistion to MTT's more easy than MTT to cash, but its still a different skill set at times.
  • edited May 2012
    Agree with evil and fabra, just a couple of points

Just because yo may have the biggest balls in the world doesn't mean you have to continue everytime you are 3bet.  As said in other posts 4b is much better than flat if you want to continue. Just saying oh I can't fold the way I play is silly imo, you can't open wide and then call with100% of that range without spewing , even allowing you plan to bluff sometimes.  If you are opening wide and villains adjust by 3betting you need to adjust your ranges, but flatting 3b with junk is not the way to adjust. Narrow opening range, 4b bluff more, 4b and get it in wider would be better.. 

If you are readless here then it's a trivial fold, calling to make unknowns fold over pairs is bad poker. If he is a reg with history v you , then he's not going to fold big hands too often either

If you are bluffing turn bet bigger, let him know he will be playing for stacks on river. On river you lose value with small bet ( why do you want it to look strong btw?) and it also makes it easy for him to hero call as he gets good odds and is left with 50bb. 
  • edited May 2012
    very long thread, just a simple post

by calling a 3 bet just to outplay someone is just not a good enough reason

if we always think we should flat 3 bets just to rep then frankly, this is not going to turn out good the majority of the time

by doing this we are just making it the game really hard for ourselves

just because your playing a high buy in MTT, doesn't mean you need to go and outplay everyone putting yourself in horrible spots

+1 to GT comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Input on this would be pretty good as i seem to be a donkey, clown eg? id say i got balls other than anything else! : Did you post this thread for feedback or for a back pat for playing well? Just wondering as anytime anyone has said anything negative to it you've kind of tried to defend it. And no I don't think his post is sarcasm, but making the point that either the guy couldn't play well and just was sticking to his tptk, which can happen early stages of an MTT, and why bluffing isn't always wise. Or maybe he had noted you playing to many hands so far? Or had notes on you from some other game etc and was playing against you the player not the board. That is his point, and nothin sarcstic about it.
    Posted by KAM99
    ty Kam.

Was too busy to argue this one as wa involved making myself look like a nut case in GPC :p

Had given a slightly longer reply to this thread on pg1 and didnt want to go into detail again.
  • edited May 2012
    Fold to the 3bet. Calling is in no way good. You have a terrible hand to be calling 3bets with. After that youre just trying to dig yourself out the hole youve made. I would say its probably not wise to try and put moves on unknowns when you think their range is QQ+. People dont fold overpairs. Youre probably just gonna end up donating chips, and unfortunately theres no consolation prize for the person with the biggest balls.
  • edited May 2012
    I think you summed it up when ou said that you lacked patience!

So early, why bother playing this hand It would probably win you a small pot or lose you a big one.....IMO. Cheers
  • edited May 2012
    Your opponent is a very good player by the way !!

You have left his name in your OP.
  • edited May 2012
    Agree with evil and fabra, just a couple of points Just because yo may have the biggest balls in the world doesn't mean you have to continue everytime you are 3bet.  As said in other posts 4b is much better than flat if you want to continue. Just saying oh I can't fold the way I play is silly imo, you can't open wide and then call with100% of that range without spewing , even allowing you plan to bluff sometimes.  If you are opening wide and villains adjust by 3betting you need to adjust your ranges, but flatting 3b with junk is not the way to adjust. Narrow opening range, 4b bluff more, 4b and get it in wider would be better..  If you are readless here then it's a trivial fold, calling to make unknowns fold over pairs is bad poker. If he is a reg with history v you , then he's not going to fold big hands too often either If you are bluffing turn bet bigger, let him know he will be playing for stacks on river. On river you lose value with small bet ( why do you want it to look strong btw?) and it also makes it easy for him to hero call as he gets good odds and is left with 50bb. 
    Posted by grantorino
    Exactly the best way to adjust if sum1 is 3 betting you so much that it makes opening marginal hands unprofitable. And you will have to get it in slightly lighter.
  • edited May 2012
    Your opponent is a very good player by the way !! You have left his name in your OP.
    Posted by goodylad21
    omg, don't try and outplay a very good mtt player !

sigh