You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Choo Choo, chugga chugga, choooooo!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
lyonsbob06 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £91.87
LadyFingrs Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £45.25
  Your hole cards

scotty77 Raise   £2.00 £2.75 £83.33
chrisbhoy Fold        
mabsue Call   £2.00 £4.75 £75.18
lyonsbob06 Fold        
LadyFingrs Raise   £7.00 £11.75 £38.25
scotty77 Fold        
mabsue Call   £5.50 £17.25 £69.68
Flop

• J

LadyFingrs Bet   £10.00 £27.25 £28.25
mabsue Call   £10.00 £37.25 £59.68
Turn

LadyFingrs All-in   £28.25 £65.50 £0.00
mabsue Call   £28.25 £93.75 £31.43
LadyFingrs Show

mabsue Show

River

mabsue Win Two Pairs, 8s and 5s £91.95   £123.38

Comments

• edited November 2009
    ....................i get it!

Fold preflop tho :D
  • edited November 2009
    Am I right.

You reraised with air, then bet the flop and the turn both with air and wondered why the fella with a made hand didn't fold to your superior ability??

I find the title of this thread quite insulting as well.

And courtesy usually dictates you remove the name of the player you are ridiculing.

Yes, bluffs are occasionally part of the game, this time it did not work. However, the opponent only had one overcard on the board and you initial re raise would lead him to believe you did not hold a 5. Then doubtless he felt lucky and put his cash on this.
  • edited November 2009
    To quote yourself ladyfingrs:

Money put in ahead = $0

• edited November 2009
    So you blew off your stack of over 90 BBs with 47 facing a UTG raiser and a cold call. And you blame the other guy for this?
  • edited November 2009
    For some reason, everytime I see one of Ladyfingrs quotes, the expression.......

'Likes to think he is a big fish in a small pond'  springs to mind.

Or is it just me?
  • edited November 2009
    ladyfingers raise is so so strong.  as i had raised UTG my range was fiarly polarised, and a 3bet from the BB is so so strong that in the long run calling with 88 is so so bad.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Choo Choo, chugga chugga, choooooo!:
    a 3bet from the BB is so so strong Posted by scotty77
    That's what the textbooks say. And obviously that's what Ladyfingers wanted you all to believe.
    But the bluff was seen through and it's not appropriate to try to rubbish someone for seeing through one of your bluffs.

He should have folded his 47 to a UTG raise and a cold call of that raise and he knows it. But instead of facing this, he has tried to assign the blame elsewhere in a disparaging way.

• edited November 2009
    long run maybe, but rainbow board, no real straight options and a raise that would lead me to believe that he didn't hold a five and my cash would be going in 7 times out of ten.

Perhaps tournament play I may be more inclined to fold, depending on stack, blinds players left etc, but cash where a reload is only a click away, a call is probably more likely.

• edited November 2009
    I wonder if LF had left out the showdown hands, what hands you would put LF and Mabsue on.

• edited November 2009
    Everyone on these forums is so f sensitive.

I posted this more for a laugh at what looks like my terrible spew.

lol @ all the venom though

• edited November 2009
    For some reason, everytime I see one of Ladyfingrs quotes, the expression....... 'Likes to think he is a big fish in a small pond'  springs to mind. Or is it just me?
    Posted by Hale72
    @ this

Obviously i'm not otherwise I wouldn't be playing 50NL would I?
  • edited November 2009
    ladyfingers   i  would  have  pushed  allin   preflop
  • edited November 2009

Hey guys, I just came across this thread and my first thought was that Ladyfingers was just laughing at himself for "steaming" as the title suggested.

I don't think he was trying to embarass mabsue in any way imho.
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry for being a little aggressive last night.

Been off the fags for 2 days now, as a result, I am a little more grouchy than normal!

Although I still fail to see the relevance of the title and why you have posted a hand that you obviously had absolutely nothing and someone with a pocket pair failed to fold on a board that contained no flush or straight options whatsoever and only one pretty unthreatening over.

He obviously did not put you on any sort of pocket pair and the only real hand he was worried about was ace jack, but then again, would you have repopped an UTG raise with ace jack?

The guy had a healthy stack at this point and even if he lost the hand, he would have only really have been losing his winnings at the table till this point. (assuming he hadn't already reloaded a couple of times)

If he had been a station and reloaded a few times because of his loose calls and chasing, then you yourself would have known that raising with air was totally wrong as you can't get that type of player to fold.

To completely bluff to this extent, you must have had an idea that this guy would fold to constant pressure if he had not hit.

Unfortunately, on this occassion, he had something which yes, not superb, but on that board with those feelings I touched on above, would make me more inclined to call.

But then again, I have had longer than it takes for the timer bar to go down to think about it.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Choo Choo, chugga chugga, choooooo! : @ this Obviously i'm not otherwise I wouldn't be playing 50NL would I?
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    And erm, yes,

Big fish small pond.

not big fish, big pond.

• edited November 2009
    Everyone on these forums is so f sensitive. I posted this more for a laugh at what looks like my terrible spew. lol @ all the venom though
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    I thought the title was a reference to trains and you were having a go at a "station". It didn't read that you were laughing at yourself.
  • edited November 2009
    That's the idea I had.

A train going through a 'station' was the exact impression I had.

This is the main reason I found this offensive. No comments were posted within the original post to lead me to believe he was making fun at himself. And I still believe, he in fact, was not.

Unfortunately, Ladyfingrs posted a hand on an open forum to encourage feedback, then for some reason has taken offence at the replies received.

We all have a different opinion, that is what makes the forum so much fun, and in turn poker. If everyone had exactly the same idea as to how to play any particular hand, then the cards would ulitmately dictate who wins and who loses. 

Obviously we were not at the table to see the dynamics, the opponent may have been subjected to previous pressure from Ladyfingrs earlier and chose to make a stand. It may have been that Ladtfingrs had projected a rock image and chose to represent strength at the wrong time. Who knows?

Trying to embarrass other players or not, I am not sure about. I sincerely hope that he wasn't, but whether you win or lose a hand, to post it here, courtesy dictates you remove the opponents name.

That way, there can be no doubt that you do not wish to offend the opponent.
  • edited November 2009
    God get a grip of your lives.

You all claim to come on this forum for fun, but then procede to throw a hissy any-time any one posts anything that may someway be possibally construed as un-PC or, god-forbid, un-gentlemanly.

And as much as i'm sure mabsue appreciates all the potential knights in shining armour here to rescuse him - me him and scotty all had a pretty decent laugh at both our play in that hand at the table.

I mean, i didn't post it to embarrass mabsue (more embarrassing for me to get snapped off on a 7 hi bluff no?), but if i did, who cares?

I posted this for the general amusement of the forum, but it seems no matter what I post on these boards, I just get jumped on by people who are probably still bitter that i tried to sell off pieces of myself for some unfathomable reason.

...I mean, I dont see mabsue in here...

All I see are whiny little dweeb's

• edited November 2009
    Unfortunately, Ladyfingrs posted a hand on an open forum to encourage feedback, then for some reason has taken offence at the replies received.
    Posted by Hale72
    Lol, passive aggressive much?

Don't say thing to rile people then be like "what? what did I do?" when you get the reaction you wanted.

The train thing was started by imsakid, whenever he shoved iirc.

And what makes you think I wanted feedback on how I played the hand, clearly everything about this thread is a joke that you decided to replace nicotine with.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Choo Choo, chugga chugga, choooooo! : Lol, passive aggressive much? Don't say thing to rile people then be like "what? what did I do?" when you get the reaction you wanted. The train thing was started by imsakid, whenever he shoved iirc. And what makes you think I wanted feedback on how I played the hand, clearly everything about this thread is a joke that you decided to replace nicotine with.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    No not at all.

But this is the type of aggressive response I have come to expect and love from you.

If you make your original post ambiguous, what do you expect?

I found this thread in the poker strategy section, not general poker chat under the heading 'look at me and laugh'.
  • edited November 2009

Bit new to this - but what does the title mean and why is it an insult, I know the term fish is supposed to mean you are a bad player though don't know why.

Are insults and rudeness part and parcel of this game or is it supposed to be a technique. Was playing in a mtt the other day and there were two of them going hammer & tongue at each other - the language was extremely bad, just over the turn of a couple of cards (ps - i swear like a trooper but never initiate rudeness). Prefer to play for fun myself and be polite - maybe it's just little old niaeve me.

• edited November 2009
    i read it that you were trying to get into tks good book what with trains and stuff, seriously if you cant take the p is s out of your self who can you take it out of. have a patch hale it helped me you ...xxx....     w...a....^^****  . f*&^$ the lot ou ya
  • edited November 2009
    Hey im not whining ladyfingrs, i stand by my statement! :) (or should i say your statement!)
  • edited November 2009
    Certainly, I do understand the idea of someone ridiculing himself.

However, nothing in his original post led me to believe that. It was only later that ladyfingrs said this was a self demeaning post or was that because of the responses he had received.

The thread title was either insulting or it went way over my head and the heads of most others, and with no actual comment within his hand post made this even more difficult to work out.

Being in the strategy section, I assumed it was a strategy type post, not a ridicule myself type post. Obviously a natural mistake to make.
  • edited November 2009
    Calling down with 88 in that spot is definitely going to win you mega-bucks in the long run.

Arf.
  • edited November 2009
    Hey im not whining ladyfingrs, i stand by my statement! :) (or should i say your statement!)
    Posted by Deadluck
    money put in ahead = $0

...never gets old fwiw

@ cliokid

arf arf
  • edited November 2009
    Certainly, I do understand the idea of someone ridiculing himself. However, nothing in his original post led me to believe that. It was only later that ladyfingrs said this was a self demeaning post or was that because of the responses he had received. The thread title was either insulting or it went way over my head and the heads of most others, and with no actual comment within his hand post made this even more difficult to work out. Being in the strategy section, I assumed it was a strategy type post, not a ridicule myself type post. Obviously a natural mistake to make.
    Posted by Hale72
    lol i give a flying french connection uk what anyone thinks of me obviously otherwise I wouldnt have called everyone in the thread dweeb's
  • edited November 2009
    Still luv ya, and ya work.

Keep it up mate.

It does genuinely brighten my day's up.

Since scotty77 toned down his posts, it can get really boring round here.

Although sometimes, it does genuinly take me a while to read some of your shorthand. I get my head around it eventually but sometimes it pays to realise that me, like most others are laymen and if your title is 'live' related, then most of us will miss it. I rarely watch poker on T.V. nowadays.

Since Sky Dave posted his abbreviations, I can get them a little quicker!!

I loved your selling yourself thread. Shame most of it got lost before it peaked. It did make a genuine change to 'did I play this right' or 'what's the best way to play aces' type threads.

And although I did have a little fun there, I always commented that I did not wish to cause offence. Although I understand why people will want to buy and sell pieces of themselves live, I still don't really see the need of it online.

Having said that, I do not frequent many other forums, so I do not know how common a practice it is.
  • edited November 2009
    wind it in lady fingers i just backed you up and you callin me a dweeb, obviously you do care coz you gettin your knickers in a twist!!
  • edited November 2009
    wind it in lady fingers i just backed you up and you callin me a dweeb, obviously you do care coz you gettin your knickers in a twist!!
    Posted by pod1
    At the time I made the post i was adressing most of the thread (i dont believe you had posted at that point)