You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Choo Choo, chugga chugga, choooooo!

2»

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Choo Choo, chugga chugga, choooooo!:
    Having said that, I do not frequent many other forums, so I do not know how common a practice it is.
    Posted by Hale72
    2p2 has an entire sub-section devoted to it.

Its pretty common amongst MTT players.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Choo Choo, chugga chugga, choooooo! : 2p2 has an entire sub-section devoted to it. Its pretty common amongst MTT players.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    That really suprises me.

Having said that, I play poker to relax and earn a little pin money at the same time. If I risk money, I like to do so whilst I am at a table seeing some cards. Then I only have myself to blame.

I'm sure there are many people out there who can and want to make a living out of it.

By spreading the risk a little would help them achieve that goal. However, would it be counter productive if you are in a game as well as one of the people you have backed as collusion accusations could easily fly around if you refuse to take out the person you have backed.

Or is it an unwritten rule that if you back a player, you don't play yourself?
  • edited November 2009
    fair enough, i appoligse no harm done
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Choo Choo, chugga chugga, choooooo! :  Or is it an unwritten rule that if you back a player, you don't play yourself?
    Posted by Hale72
    In cash, yes, it's pretty much forbidden. In tournaments, no, but in a field the size of the tournament that I was selling myself in, I would have felt uncomforttable taking backing from someone playing, as the chances of us meeting at soem point would be pretty high.
  • edited November 2009
    lol  your a   joke
  • edited November 2009
    That's what I thought.

The £110 deepie only attracting a dozen or so runners would make this liklihood huge.

Another surprise though is backing for a cash game. That really shocks me.

Oh, well. You live and learn.
  • edited November 2009
    how do you get that thing with the hand? i culd show the hand i lost with the 7 on the river for a laugh at my expense lol
  • edited November 2009

go to hand history, find the hand then copy and paste it here.

• edited November 2009
    Since scotty77 toned down his posts, it can get really boring round here.

No, its just that the top forum re tard no longer posts so I don't have to reply to his donkish garbage.  And since said forum re tard has left, his followers no longer post their donkish garbage and have actually improved their content and poker thinking.  TBF I wish that said person could still post as his MTT advice thread was so LOL.

But yeah Hale theres a big poker forum called 2p2 where the attitude is basically what LF posts; its great and very entertaining and fun you should look it up.  I recommend a sub-section called Brags, Beats and Variance.
  • edited November 2009
    lol  your a   joke
    Posted by scrumdown
    no u

EDIT: also learn to use your space bar
  • edited November 2009
    Since scotty77 toned down his posts, it can get really boring round here. No, its just that the top forum re tard no longer posts so I don't have to reply to his donkish garbage.  And since said forum re tard has left, his followers no longer post their donkish garbage and have actually improved their content and poker thinking.  TBF I wish that said person could still post as his MTT advice thread was so LOL. But yeah Hale theres a big poker forum called 2p2 where the attitude is basically what LF posts; its great and very entertaining and fun you should look it up.  I recommend a sub-section called Brags, Beats and Variance.
    Posted by scotty77
    Hope u didn't take offence scotty.

I used to love your style in a big way.

It was only just as I got here, so I don't know the player you refer to. I have an idea who it is but it is one arguement I have deliberately stayed away from.
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    Sshh, I know.

Like I say, It was one arguement I felt it best to steer clear of.

Just one mention can start the forum off again!!!!!

But some of the back and forth stuff was one of the reasons I started using this place so much.
  • edited November 2009
    awww i have a friend :)
  • edited November 2009
    I gotta say most of the things scotty and ladyfingrs post are actually the best advice there is on this forum. I guess some of the attitude flows over from 2p2, as it does for some of mine.

People   who   type     with    lots of

spaces   and line breaks

AND     IN CAPITAL    LETTERS

on    this    forum

really    do   get    annoying   though