You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Using a DONGLE to play Sky poker!

Right guys and girls, need some proper help.
Am a regular player with Sky poker , over 6 yeras now, but am ready to quit over a simple little thing.
CONNECTION ,,,,,,,
I have been using a Dongle for the last 6 months on my lap-top, and its been wonderful. No problems and brilliant speeds.
I do play other sites, as many of us do, but within the last week, all of a sudden, only Sky games, I keep losing connection and miss out a lot of hands. At the same time all other services and sites I am on work fine.
Have now contacted Sky services, and been told 3 different things , with the last call being told "its tuff then " by a girl who sounded 10yrs old.
Am very unhappy, and worried as have made the £20K Roller on Sunday 3rd June, and as am at home on my Dongle worried I wont be able to play the game.
NEED SOME HELP FROM THE FORUM IF POSSIBLE. AND SKY, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
So answers below please guys and girls ?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Using a DONGLE to play Sky poker!:
    Right guys and girls, need some proper help. Am a regular player with Sky poker , over 6 yeras now, but am ready to quit over a simple little thing. CONNECTION ,,,,,,, I have been using a Dongle for the last 6 months on my lap-top, and its been wonderful. No problems and brilliant speeds. I do play other sites, as many of us do, but within the last week, all of a sudden, only Sky games, I keep losing connection and miss out a lot of hands. At the same time all other services and sites I am on work fine. Have now contacted Sky services, and been told 3 different things , with the last call being told "its tuff then " by a girl who sounded 10yrs old. Am very unhappy, and worried as have made the £20K Roller on Sunday 3rd June, and as am at home on my Dongle worried I wont be able to play the game. NEED SOME HELP FROM THE FORUM IF POSSIBLE. AND SKY, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! So answers below please guys and girls ?
    Posted by HAPPYNIGE4
    And it dosnt do it on the cash tables ??
  • edited May 2012
    I play using a dongle and have the same problems for mtt, it happens in cash games too but not as often. This is the reason I don't play mtt even though I'd love too
  • edited May 2012
    i play using a dongle too Nige, and this has been happening to me for the last 10 days or so, but only in the evening, day time i've had no problems, I contacted the provider and was told there is a lot of upgrade work ( all to do with London 2012)  taking place and unfortunately this was ongoing and no date for completion could be given, and I should expect these issues to take place

hope this helps m8
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Using a DONGLE to play Sky poker!:
    i play using a dongle too Nige, and this has been happening to me for the last 10 days or so, but only in the evening, day time i've had no problems, I contacted the provider and was told there is a lot of upgrade work ( all to do with London 2012)  taking place and unfortunately this was ongoing and no date for completion could be given, and I should expect these issues to take place hope this helps m8
    Posted by scouse_red
    swerving the issue as usual.how can that help .read his post it isnt happening on anything else!!!
  • edited May 2012
    timing.......my problems with connection are just as bad....:(
  • edited May 2012
    i play using a dongle too Nige, and this has been happening to me for the last 10 days or so, but only in the evening, day time i've had no problems, I contacted the provider and was told there is a lot of upgrade work ( all to do with London 2012)  taking place and unfortunately this was ongoing and no date for completion could be given, and I should expect these issues to take place hope this helps m8
    Posted by scouse_red
    Yes it does mate. Sky are calling me back on Sat with tech help. Am in Roller on Sunday so need it sorting by then
  • edited May 2012
    And now Sky have moved this post , means they have read it ! Now tell me whats going on ? as its not just me , reading other posts. WHATS GOING WRONG?
  • edited May 2012
    I Think staff at sky are having mental breakdowns nige
    First the arguments, the gremlins with the software and having to
    pull the live show at the 11th hour today. At least there are
    alternatives if things get any worse.
  • edited June 2012
    If it's any consolation I'm experiencing the same thing.  I'm playing using a different connection atm but would be great to hear what they tell you on Saturday.
  • edited June 2012
    At my partners we have wifi so there is no problem at all multi-tabling on Sky, but anywhere else using my dongle even 1 tabling is impossible.

I like to play the HU SnG's but it is impossible to play them with a dongle, constantly lagging & timing out! I have no problem multi-tabling on other sites.

This needs sorting asap Sky!!!
  • edited June 2012
    If it's any consolation I'm experiencing the same thing.  I'm playing using a different connection atm but would be great to hear what they tell you on Saturday.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Right, just came off the phone to them, and this is what tech have said to me." We at sky dont support using a Dongle to play poker with "
    Well sky, you are going to have to sort this out, otherwise 30-40% of your clients will leave sky. Its a joke thats only happened since their upgrade. SORT IT OUT SKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Using a DONGLE to play Sky poker! : Right, just came off the phone to them, and this is what tech have said to me." We at sky dont support using a Dongle to play poker with " Well sky, you are going to have to sort this out, otherwise 30-40% of your clients will leave sky. Its a joke thats only happened since their upgrade. SORT IT OUT SKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by HAPPYNIGE4
    That really is pathetic. As you say it was fine before the upgrades. And it doesn't affect the cash tables????
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Using a DONGLE to play Sky poker! : Right, just came off the phone to them, and this is what tech have said to me." We at sky dont support using a Dongle to play poker with " Well sky, you are going to have to sort this out, otherwise 30-40% of your clients will leave sky. Its a joke thats only happened since their upgrade. SORT IT OUT SKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by HAPPYNIGE4[/Q

Happynige - I am currently experiencing exactly the same thing. I use a dongle and also have purchased a mifii. I have been playing on sky with it for 18 months without problems until recently.

It's impossible to play as it cuts out every 15-20 seconds and then reconnects after about 30 secs to a minute.

Everything else on the internet is fine and even sky cash tables and some daytime MTT's.

I use a 3 dongle and mifii - if that has anything to do with it.

I have now cashed my bankroll and will have to join another site which is a shame as I do enjoy playing sky mtts the best.
  • edited June 2012
    Posted by HAPPYNIGE4
    I've been playing with my dongle (ahem) last week or so whilst waiting for BT Infinity, have also used it plenty of times in the past.

Tbh it's not been any different than when I've used it in the past - fine up to about 5 tables, slight lag with a couple more then timing out any more than that. Just a ridiculous joke really considering the amount of people, including myself, who say they have the same problem but can play loads more tables on any/EVERY other site no problem.

(Changing to BT Infinity for yet another way to try and get round this problem - Thank you so much Sky for now costing me £40 per month - nearly £500 per year just to TRY and solve a problem where the solution more than likely lies with the site).