You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

chat ban

Comments

• edited November 2009
    CHAT BANNING IS TOTALLY DAFT ...BANN A PLAYER FOR THAT GAME ....NEW TABLE NEW CHANCE! THIS IS A POKER SITE NOT PLAY SCHOOL! I SUFFER ABUSE, YET I DONT GO RUNNING TO TEACHER...I CAN DEAL WITH IT MYSELF! GROW UP YOU GRASSES!
  • edited November 2009
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahmuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahmuamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahmuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaamuahahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahmuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    hhamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    h
    hahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    muahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahmuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    hhamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    h
    hahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahamuahahahahahhaahhahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    h
    hahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhah
    h
  • edited November 2009
    Forum chat ban coming for him? ^^^
  • edited November 2009
    How creepy!

It's the poker forum equivalent of the 'ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY' manuscript from The Shining!
  • edited November 2009
    if you actually look at the text muahaha it's Dr Evil from the austin powers films ..... I can see sky poker lining up the shark with the frickin' lazer beam any minute lol ;)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban:
    In Response to Re: chat ban : Good ponit Sir.....
    Posted by SirFrank
    its shirka you should thank ...lol
  • edited November 2009
    Hale, Surely if someone starts a thread we are entitled to air our opinions which in general is done in an adult manner. I would not air something that may get me banned but I will put across an opinion if I think something is wrong as we live in a democracy and entitled to do so without recrimination. All to often we see some people who have nothing to do with sky coming on here and telling us what we should do or say or not say.  I have seen the phrase self moderators being mentioned lately.
    Posted by Torryladd
    Oh no ...not mods....thats this site spoilt then!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : I dont't think what i said is going to get me into trouble, and if it did , then so be it. I respect your opinion, and fully understand your point. If sky banned everyone who upset a sky bigwig, they wouldn't make alot of money, after all, isn't it the player's who pay their wages.
    Posted by chirker
    Its not the big wigs you have to worry about ...it the little jumped up cretins that call the shots ...If i were a big wig ...i would let you all get on with it and not interfere!
  • edited November 2009

Sigh !!    

Finally it all comes down to the   "general1" ??  

Welcome to Skypoker Forum !!

All is not lost     ..  but almost .....................

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : True assuming that the chat banned players actually leave the site, but many of them choose to stay here
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Well as long as they stay and keep handing over their rake then who cares right ????

What kind of a point is that other than people may only have the ability to play on sky due to a variety or reasons (netbook not allowing space for downloadable clients, money tied up on site, can't find other sites that accept solo etc)

If Sky have their reasons for banning this gent then fine, i'm not saying they don't have the right. But as a paying customer of this site i would hope that should i be unfortunate enough to lose my cool and get a 3 month chat ban, which Sky in their wisdom then choose to turn into a life time ban, that at the very least i would get a written explanation to why the chat ban had been increased. I mean is that really that much to ask for..... A little communication?

Although this thread is about a specific case my point is more general:

If Sky want to chat ban people then fine, in fact i welcome it for those abusing the facility. if they then check a customers transcripts and find they have done other things that warrant the ban increasing then again FINE. But for a trend to be appearing that they come to these decisions and impose the lifetime ban without explaination to the parties involved is just the worst customer service going.

Should i ever be in this position and was treated in such a way i can guarantee you they would not see another penny of my money. not due to the ban because that may be deserved, but because my rake contributes pay for customer service. If the service team have a low enough opinion of me as a customer that they take decisions on my account without even bothering to give reasons at the time then i wouldn't be very impresed
  • edited November 2009
    Sounds like a murdoch decision, 

Get on to the Human Rights watchdog.

• edited November 2009

A fine & balanced Post by ACESROVERS.

Except, & I can understand WHY you'd say it......

But for a trend to be appearing that they come to these decisions and impose the lifetime ban without explaination to the parties involved is just the worst customer service going.

Which could not be further from the truth. Because - & let's talk generally, not specific, shall we? - are assuming the original info you are basing your view upon is correct. And I think - no, I'm sure - you can work out what I'm alluding to here. Because I would not make this Post without good reason......

And, in case you have not yet read between the lines, Sky Poker is a commercial organisation, & needs to gain Clients, not lose them. So it'd be pretty pointless & incredibly stupid for them to act in the manner you suggest. So perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye. Sky Poker have said again & again that they won't discuss individual cases on the Forum. That does not mean they have not done so with the Chat-Banned player though.

Don't believe everything you read. 

I am, like you, talking generally, of course.
  • edited November 2009
    It's very dangerous to air your views on something if you don't have all the facts. There are 2 sides to every story and very few if any of us on the forum will have BOTH sides.

No facts = No comment   ........    or it should.
  • edited November 2009
    A fine & balanced Post by ACESROVERS. Except, & I can understand WHY you'd say it...... But for a trend to be appearing that they come to these decisions and impose the lifetime ban without explaination to the parties involved is just the worst customer service going. Which could not be further from the truth. Because - & let's talk generally, not specific, shall we? - are assuming the original info you are basing your view upon is correct. And I think - no, I'm sure - you can work out what I'm alluding to here. Because I would not make this Post without good reason...... And, in case you have not yet read between the lines, Sky Poker is a commercial organisation, & needs to gain Clients, not lose them. So it'd be pretty pointless & incredibly stupid for them to act in the manner you suggest. So perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye. Sky Poker have said again & again that they won't discuss individual cases on the Forum. That does not mean they have not done so with the Chat-Banned player though. Don't believe everything you read.  I am, like you, talking generally, of course.
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOL good point - well made sir :)

Never having been banned i'm not sure of the process that occurs. This may in fact be the problem. Possibly a forum post to explain the rulings around this by those in the know would be a good idea. When can a 3 month ban turn into a lifetime ban?? i don't know what someone could do to incurr a furhter ban after they have had the ability to chat removed, cyber sign language swearing??? I jest of course but a serious point is i don't know the process or the circumstance that could lead to this occuring to me.

As this is a forum there will always a certain amount of hear say and assumption (guilty as charged on the last post) but when the same line comes up more than a few times "i'm now lifetime banned and nobody told me why" then you start to view them with more credibility.

A clarification may be in order of the process - For instance explaining situations that are deemed worthy of increasing that ban and any appeal process the customer can make against this decision, as well as the process sky go through to inform you of their decisions.

if we know this process and the reasons why then every person has a case if Sky doesn't live up to it's end of the agreement, and no complaint if they do. Now this may exist somewhere but i wouldn't mind betting that if it does it's burried deep in the terms and conditions (which most people are guilty of not reading, me included) so if the team want to pop up a thread about it, then that may help as this is currently a "HOT" topic :)
  • edited November 2009

Just to add my pennies worth, i can understand the frustration of a chat ban, i was on one ages ago with for 3 months, i done my stint and then come back, however a certain individual who we all know has a life ban... i chat with him regularly... like im sure most of the regulars do ..... his 3month chat ban was due up this month as he was informed... but when that date arrived was informed that he would be on a life ban...now imo u can't really say one thing and then change it to another without informing the aggrieved party...yet he still stays loyal to sky.....i just think that something needs to be done where chat on forum/tables are possibly two different areas to be addressed...dont get me wrong i'm not condoning verbal... what i am condoning is that if things are said then they need to be stuck by... its only fair and if a ban needs to be changed or increased a valid reason should be given....

• edited November 2009
    Sorry sky but I do think harsh aswell......u originally said 3 months then u put up. Im sure u have ur reasons but a bit of communication might have been in order.

THE CHAT BAN ISSUE

I understand skys policy on chat bans if ppl use abusive language, is this just random people??

Have seen totally foul language used on the tables since I started on here and this ppl r STILL here (and yes they are still using bad language......some of it u would not believe)

whereas theres people like me who occasionaly lose there cool and say something (read my post Am I banging my head against a brick wall) but as soon as said they deeply regret...so I have stopped myself playing 2 give myself time 2 cool down.

think if ppl do use foul language thay should b banned but for a certain length of time (cooling off period)
    and if they r a pesistant offenders then it should b inreased but the proper channels should b used.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : LOL good point - well made sir :) Never having been banned i'm not sure of the process that occurs. This may in fact be the problem. Possibly a forum post to explain the rulings around this by those in the know would be a good idea. When can a 3 month ban turn into a lifetime ban?? i don't know what someone could do to incurr a furhter ban after they have had the ability to chat removed, cyber sign language swearing??? I jest of course but a serious point is i don't know the process or the circumstance that could lead to this occuring to me. As this is a forum there will always a certain amount of hear say and assumption (guilty as charged on the last post) but when the same line comes up more than a few times "i'm now lifetime banned and nobody told me why" then you start to view them with more credibility. A clarification may be in order of the process - For instance explaining situations that are deemed worthy of increasing that ban and any appeal process the customer can make against this decision, as well as the process sky go through to inform you of their decisions. if we know this process and the reasons why then every person has a case if Sky doesn't live up to it's end of the agreement, and no complaint if they do. Now this may exist somewhere but i wouldn't mind betting that if it does it's burried deep in the terms and conditions (which most people are guilty of not reading, me included) so if the team want to pop up a thread about it, then that may help as this is currently a "HOT" topic :)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Aaarrrggghhhh.....

It seems I never made my point as well as I had hoped.

You infer again certain things, & you infer them repeatedly.

Let me try once more - & remember, we are talking generally here, not specific cases.

How do you know that anyone had a Chat Ban increased from 3 months to Life? On what basis are you making that assumption? Did Sky Poker tell you that? (No, they did not). Why do you want to know what circumstance is worthy of increasing a Chat Ban from 3 months to life - how do you know it has ever happened? Because you ONLY take on Board Posts from Chat-Banned players that say that was the case?

Nothing is "buried deep in the Tems & Conditions". Nothing needs to be.

Look, it's very hard to get a Chat-Ban here. VERY HARD. You get away with a bit of nonsense for a while, then you get a written warning if the earlier misdemeanours are ott, then you get a short ban, or, in some cases, a Life Chat Ban. ITS NOT EASY TO GET CHAT BANNED FOR LIFE. And it's very tough to get a 3 month ban extended to Life. In fact, I only know of ONE case on Sky Poker where it's happened. (PLEASE think that sentence through!).

I've seen this "there's a trend developing here, Sky Poker are sneaky so & so's" line several times. If you did but know the truth, or if the penny drops, you'll be mortified.

It's not rocket-science, what's happened here, but I'm really quuite shocked that so many folks have been so gullible.
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry sky but I do think harsh aswell......u originally said 3 months then u put up. Im sure u have ur reasons but a bit of communiation might have been in order. THE CHAT BAN ISSUE I understand skys policy on chat bans if ppl use abusive language, is this just random people?? Have seen totally foul language used on the tables since I started on here and this ppl r STILL here (and yes they are still using bad language......some of it u would not believe) whereas theres people like me who occasionaly lose there cool and say something (read my post Am I banging my head against a brick wall) but as soon as said they deeply regret...so I have stpped myself playing 2 give myself time 2 cool down. think if ppl do use foul language thay should b banned but for a certain length of time (cooling off period) and if they r a pesistant offenders then it should b inreased but the proper channels should b used.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Hi xFallenx,

May I ask how you know that's true? Or if it's true?

How do you know the ban was increased? And how do you know that proper channels were not used? On what info are you making those judgements?

There's not much reading between the lines going on here. ONE Member has - glory be - worked it out, & now written to me apologising for contributing to all this noise & hoohah before realising that they were working on false information.

The penny is going to drop eventually, but I'm staggered nobody has sussed out whats happening here yet.

Think it through, & then it all becomes quite obvious.....
  • edited November 2009
    Just to add my pennies worth, i can understand the frustration of a chat ban, i was on one ages ago with for 3 months, i done my stint and then come back, however a certain individual who we all know has a life ban... i chat with him regularly... like im sure most of the regulars do ..... his 3month chat ban was due up this month as he was informed... but when that date arrived was informed that he would be on a life ban...now imo u can't really say one thing and then change it to another without informing the aggrieved party...yet he still stays loyal to sky.....i just think that something needs to be done where chat on forum/tables are possibly two different areas to be addressed...dont get me wrong i'm not condoning verbal... what i am condoning is that if things are said then they need to be stuck by... its only fair and if a ban needs to be changed or increased a valid reason should be given....
    Posted by jimbo31
    How do you know thats not the case?
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry sky but I do think harsh aswell......u originally said 3 months then u put up. Im sure u have ur reasons but a bit of communiation might have been in order. THE CHAT BAN ISSUE I understand skys policy on chat bans if ppl use abusive language, is this just random people?? Have seen totally foul language used on the tables since I started on here and this ppl r STILL here (and yes they are still using bad language......some of it u would not believe) whereas theres people like me who occasionaly lose there cool and say something (read my post Am I banging my head against a brick wall) but as soon as said they deeply regret...so I have stpped myself playing 2 give myself time 2 cool down. think if ppl do use foul language thay should b banned but for a certain length of time (cooling off period) and if they r a pesistant offenders then it should b inreased but the proper channels should b used.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    I could not agree more. I think Sky Poker are FAR too leniant with abusive chat.

But, if you think that through logically......how bad must the misdemeanours be to incur a Lifetime Chat Ban?

We are all accontable for our own actions. I don't have an iota of sympathy for folks who get lifetime Chat Bans, because I know haw hard it is to get that severe a penalty. IT IS VERY HARD TO GET A LIFETIME CHAT BAN.

But it's just bizarre how this guilt-trip is being reversed, whilst these responsible for foul, abusive, & threatening language are orchestrating a campaign suggesting thair bans have been changed, or increased, without good reason, or communication.
  • edited November 2009
    how can you all say it was harsh when you dont even know what he said!He could have said the worst things imaginable in the chat(i'm sure you didnt,but could for all we know) and you are saying its harsh without knowing the facts.I dont like these kinds of posts because they tend to cause controversy for no good reason.If you are trying to get unbanned then contact sky via customer service and not make forum posts cause then everyone will just jump in.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : Hi xFallenx, May I ask how you know that's true? Or if it's true? How do you know the ban was increased? And how do you know that proper channels were not used? On what info are you making those judgements? There's not much reading between the lines going on here. ONE Member has - glory be - worked it out, & now written to me apologising for contributing to all this noise & hoohah before realising that they were working on false information. The penny is going to drop eventually, but I'm staggered nobody has sussed out whats happening here yet. Think it through, & then it all becomes quite obvious.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hey TK

My post is not so much commenting on the original question, Im talking about the abusive ppl in general who are still on the tables (i cant say the language ive heard cos i will b forum banned...if thats possible)
    I dont kno the situation about the guy in the original post mayb he deserved a longer ban , but he said that he was not told about the increase.
  • edited November 2009
    I HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO ADD TO THIS BUT I AM GLAD AND RELIEVED THIS DISCUSSION HAS TAKEN PLACE.
  • edited November 2009
    To the folk who are still banging on with assumptions of a subject they no little or nothing about.....do you realise how foolish you look.

You have to trust that Sky will treat all of us equally and fairly, bcause if they don't we can just walk. I suspect there are underlying reasons why the chat ban posts are appearing, but I don't know so I can't have an opinion. Stop being so gullible.
  • edited November 2009
    Splinters must be killing u pillowman
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : Hey TK My post is not so much commenting on the original question, Im talking about the abusive ppl in general who are still on the tables (i cant say the language ive heard cos i will b forum banned...if thats possible) I dont kno the situation about the guy in the original post mayb he deserved a longer ban , but he said that he was not told about the increase.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Hi xFALLENx - may I call you x?

I could not agree more - Sky Poker are FAR too leniant on abusive & foul language. But you have to agree - I think - that if Sky Poker are leniant, then what does it take to get a LifeTime Chat ban?.......

"....but he said that he was not told about the increase......"

Yes, that's what he said........
  • edited November 2009
    To the folk who are still banging on with assumptions of a subject they no little or nothing about.....do you realise how foolish you look. You have to trust that Sky will treat all of us equally and fairly, bcause if they don't we can just walk. I suspect there are underlying reasons why the chat ban posts are appearing, but I don't know so I can't have an opinion. Stop being so gullible.
    Posted by elsadog
    Good grief. We have a winner.
  • edited November 2009
    how can you all say it was harsh when you dont even know what he said!He could have said the worst things imaginable in the chat(i'm sure you didnt,but could for all we know) and you are saying its harsh without knowing the facts.I dont like these kinds of posts because they tend to cause controversy for no good reason.If you are trying to get unbanned then contact sky via customer service and not make forum posts cause then everyone will just jump in.
    Posted by namesb0nd
    Yes I understand he might of said really out of order things and if he did he deserved a ban.
    But what is harsh that sky told him 3 months then increased without saying until he phoned them (thats what he said in hes original post or am I reading it wrong!!!)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : Yes I understand he might of said really out of order things and if he did he deserved a ban. But what is harsh that sky told him 3 months then increased without saying until he phoned them (thats what he said in hes original post or am I reading it wrong!!!)
    Posted by xFALLENx

If I said I was the greatest poker player and lover the world had ever seen would you believe me? 
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: chat ban : If I said I was the greatest poker player and lover the world had ever seen would you believe me? 
    Posted by elsadog

I am prepared to argue this point at length with anyone who doesn't believe me.  Except with my wife......she does have all the facts :o)