You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

your ideas for new forum discussion groups

2»

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: your ideas for new forum discussion groups:
    In Response to Re: your ideas for new forum discussion groups : How do u actually make your own blogs though?
    Posted by Deadluck
    This
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: your ideas for new forum discussion groups : This
    Posted by GR8TFL0P
    The only time i see a gr8flop...is when its someone elses .......lol
  • edited November 2009
    no  rich  i  think its  all  right as it     cant  see  y u need  a   new  one   but  then again   it  depends  what  others  think
  • edited November 2009
    I'd like something along the lines of

Sit&Go
    MTT
    Cash

Where people can discuss what they've been up to and chat to people who play similar games. Arrange games together and basically talk to like minded people.

If I was to put a thread up with say "£5.50 SnG Thread" as title it would probs drop off in a few hours, but within a SnG forum it would be a good place to talk to people who regularly play these sort of games.

Not sure if it's a popular idea but i'd really love it and would visit more often which I guess is the aim.
  • edited November 2009

New/todays post LINK

Hope I'm not being blind here (Sorry if already in use)  
  • edited November 2009
    New/todays post LINK Hope I'm not being blind here (Sorry if already in use)  
    Posted by GR8TFL0P
    try clicking the little gold star that appears next to individual forum threads. this is a new/unread post indicator and (when clicked on) will jump you to the latest unread post in a thread.
  • edited November 2009
    thanks for the ideas guys. keep them coming. i'll let this thread run for a while longer then pick up everyone's points next week.

Rich
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Rich

It seems to me that one of the wider issues with the forum is the speed with which new threads are appearing and therefore how quickly relatively new threads are lost from the top page of the forum.  I think the use of sticky's proves the importance of having threads on the top page to keep them in the attention of forum members.

I wasnt keen to see too many sections in the forum, however if that is one of the ways to resolve the above issue then it might be worth making a couple of additions.

I also think it would be helpful if there was some sort of prompt for members starting a new thread, asking them which section it should really be going in.  So often, threads about poker strategy are started in the general poker section and need to be moved.  A prompt might encourage posters to consider the best section for the thread before they post it in the first place.
  • edited November 2009
    I made (a not for a change) bragging post yesterday :)  One of the players (Deadluck I believe) said about BBV - brag, boast and vent i believe.  How about a section purely for this? Players can post hands of any type for a brag, boast or a vent and are NOT looking for strategy advice.  This may free up the general section a bit?
  • edited November 2009
    Ive just had a fantastic idea that i thought of all on my own - Why dont we have an apology sticky where all the players can post, thus keeping them all in one place
  • edited November 2009
    thanks for all your great ideas guys. i'm going to take a more in-depth look at this thread next week...so... last chance to get your ideas in!
  • edited November 2009
    There have been a few post that have discussed both basic and specific strategy, that a few posters have said they refer back to, and they have suggested that these be stickied. I can understand the reluctance to have too many threads stickied as these could end up just taking over the front page.

I've already suggested a couple of sub forums, and it may be an idea to have something like a principals of poker section within the strategy thread, which would be solely used to move threads that are considered to be worthy of keeping for both existing and new users.

I've no idea if it would be possible to restrict the starting of threads within this section to only moderators and analysts, although any member could actually make a post on one of these threads, but we need to restrict posters from starting threads in this proposed section, as otherwise it would just turn into the gerneal strategy section..

general stratgey quetions would continue to be posted within the Strategy forum, however those posts whereby members consider them to have ongoing usefulness could be moved to this sub forum, so that 1) all these types of posts are in one section and thus easy to find, 2) they dont clutter up the main strategy section, by either being stickied or bumped by users who wish to make it easier to find and 3) it then becomes easier for newer members to see if their question has already been raised , and may cut down on different posters making numerous threads about the same general subject.

As an example we have two threads regarding position , one of which has developed into further discussion, to which the OP has said they keep referring back to. If this thread was in  a princiapls section then it would be easier for both the OP and any other members to find more easily.

Hope this makes some sense

Aski :)
  • edited November 2009
    as if its only been here 5 months, i thougt "the shed freeroll" when u had to get the pass word off the forum was older then that.