You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

** PLZ DON'T LET THIS SITE BECOME ANOTHER FOREIGN SITE **

13»

Comments

• edited November 2009
    i must say on Sky i havent seen this. However on another site where they claimed to monitor 90% of tables there was a forgien language being spoken. The players where removed from the tournament losing rtheir buy-ins.

Anyways, im all for a 1 language chat box which should be that of where the company is based. Sky is a British company, the language of Great Britain happens to be English. Should a Chinese site start playing poker and they said only Chinese this would be the same. rules are rules and they are their to stop people cheating etc. and national language(English in the terms of sky) is the primary language of id say 99% of the people they will attract to the site anyway. That would mean around 1% either lose out on the chat box or they can use what they know of that language. Its not rasist its the best of the game in that nation.
  • edited November 2009
    For My six pence worth; I think chat should be in English as I am nosey and wish to participate in or at least eavesdrop on conversations - I'm not racist, I am just ignorant!

Seems that the real issue is do people collude and if so will they do it on smaller stakes tables, using a chat box on public display?  I doubt it - even foreigners have phones now a days you know!

• edited November 2009
    Oh and having had my six penneth worth, I am now breaking the bank here......

I have just noticed the payment methods on the bottom right of your screen - SKY are taking deposits in Euros and Dollar (of many nations)... so as an international poker site - if the rules are that only English is to be spoken in the chat boxes - then SKY need to enforce it otherwise people will have concerns about collusion but more importanlty how can they they deal with swearing in Hungarian or discriminatory language in Chinese?

• edited November 2009
    good thread m8. ive not seen it on sky tho, it is bugging on other sites tho, pez quality m8..........
  • edited November 2009
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: ** PLZ DON'T LET THIS SITE BECOME ANOTHER FOREIGN SITE **:
    In Response to Re: ** PLZ DON'T LET THIS SITE BECOME ANOTHER FOREIGN SITE ** : The problem with it is it makes collusion easy as people who converse in another language can openly cheat by instructing each other on hole card holdings or actions without the rest of the tabke being aware of what is going on
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Often happens amonst english players at the table even with sky pokers most beloved players who seem to get mention constantly on the channel.

people dont have to talk in the chatbox to collude they can play in the same physical room togetherand look at eachothers hole cards.

This is merely xenophobia
  • edited December 2009
    im sure if sky can have a swear filter surely it cant be hard to do the same for foriegn languages ??