You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Connection issues!!

edited August 2012 in Community Help & Advice
I was really looking forward to sitting down and playing a fair few tournaments tonight. But i have connection troubles every single time in tournaments on here, my first one has just loaded up and the same problem is occuring. I may have to go else where for my tournamnets fix which is a shame really as i enjoyed playing SKY tournies.

So i have de-registered from the other tournies and trying to cash in the first tournament, when it allows me to see my hand.

Sort this out SKY as it ain't my connection at fault!

Comments

• edited June 2012
    May i add this happens in EVERY tournamant in the evenings!
  • edited June 2012
    Are u using a dongle??

I have the same probs when im using a dongle.
  • edited June 2012
    yes i am using a dongle. Its fine when it comes to cash game and tournaments on other poker sites, but mtt's is another story.

Its sad because i'd play tournamnet pretty frequently if it decided to sort itself out.
  • edited June 2012
    There is a huge problem since the updates with using a dongle to play SnG's & MTT's :(

I know lots of people who have had problems but sky don't seem to be doing anything???
  • edited June 2012
    Having problems with connecting to sky poker tonight, have had to resort to my browser to get into sky poker!
  • edited June 2012
    Have had trouble again tonight with connecting to sky poker.
    Doing a diagnostic check , come up with this programme is not compatible with windows 7 64 bit.I am using i.E.
  • edited June 2012
    does anyone find that this is even worse in the day time? i can finish work for 12pm some days and its a shower a brew and poker...naturally!  now recently i'm finding 2 issues the first is just opening sky poker up i have to click on quit sky and start again sometimes 8 or9 times before i get to the pin number page and then second is the usual mid hand "SKY ERROR TRY AGAIN" but my connection is always full strength!  strangely these things rarely happen in the evening when the traffic is at its highest.....just don't understand it at all!   
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Connection issues!!:
    does anyone find that this is even worse in the day time? i can finish work for 12pm some days and its a shower a brew and poker...naturally!  now recently i'm finding 2 issues the first is just opening sky poker up i have to click on quit sky and start again sometimes 8 or9 times before i get to the pin number page and then second is the usual mid hand "SKY ERROR TRY AGAIN" but my connection is always full strength!  strangely these things rarely happen in the evening when the traffic is at its highest.....just don't understand it at all!   
    Posted by Russ76
    Ive only been playing here a few days but every sit & go I enter I have bad lag & connection. It's a shame becuase I have increased my free money 4 fold but don't want to deposit for real if this is the service on here. Im not on a dongle & play other poker sites with out any problems. Does this happen all the time or is it a recent problem witch might be gettin fixed.
  • edited July 2012
    all tornaments are down tonight, sky poker are trying to resolve
  • edited July 2012
    all tornaments are down tonight, sky poker are trying to resolve
    Posted by SPURS273

Does anyone know the password to the freerolls?
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Connection issues!! : Does anyone know the password to the freerolls?
    Posted by nugget13
    Yeah it's 'I'mabeggingnewbiefreeroller'.

GL
  • edited July 2012

I,ve already voiced my opinion on this but cant see it anymore in GPC

I don,t normally inform Sky as its only for a few seconds and hasn,t really had any impact ( would have folded anyway) and hearing others responses from Sky I thought i,d judt be told it was something at my end , even though i was on 888 as well

I know i shouldn,t but let this hand tilt me as i had a good read on the other players in this 6 player STT as i was to busy getting hand history details while the game was still on.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    cbmhhdq Small blind  50.00 50.00 980.00
    MP33 Big blind  100.00 150.00 1710.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

bazmak10 Raise  300.00 450.00 2070.00
    HaydenJGM All-in  3790.00 4240.00 0.00
    cbmhhdq Fold     
    MP33 Fold     
    bazmak10 Fold     
    HaydenJGM Muck     
    HaydenJGM Win  750.00  750.00
    HaydenJGM Return  3490.00 0.00 4240.00
    I,ve followed the propper procedures and given all the information required so will just wait now and see what Sky say

MP
  • edited July 2012
    Got this response back from Sky

We have taken another closer look at the incident. The fact that most players were able to play normally proves that the problem did not lie with our server. The games continued to run and other players had no problems staying connected.

We hope this explains the situation, and hope you continue to enjoy our games.

(Still won,t acknowledge they have a problem)

Think i,l be folloowing MrBurns

• edited July 2012
    mp33 have you hacked my email,as i have same mail as you ,lol,,,,./
  • edited July 2012
    Had problems, getting to log into sky poker tonight via the client, had to resortt to using the browser, so that I could play the games I had registered for earlier in the evening!
  • edited July 2012
    Having problems connecting to sky via the client, really frustrated!
    Will stick to the IE Browser!
  • edited July 2012
    Having problems connecting to sky via the client, really frustrated! Will stick to the IE Browser!
    Posted by wynne1938
    I got BT Infinity installed a week ago. This has now solved the disconnection problem - not done it once at all, although more than 7 tables is still out of the question....

However, the download is still unplayable for more than 1 table, 2 at the most! :(
  • edited July 2012
    If you're looking for assistance it would be better to explain what the problem is, rather than just saying "problem". You can't go to the doctors and expect a cure if all you say is 'I have a problem'.
    Just sayin'

• edited August 2012
    Ok, I have the Sky downloaded program, Sky Broadband,tv, phone etc... I can play cash, double your money, sit n go's ok through the program but as soon as i play tourneys i seem to lose connection and i can't seem to get it back unless i close everything and log back in using internet explorer. By this time i have lost either the hand i was playing or loads of blinds obviously.

I have a wireless router ( from Sky) and it works great for everything else, just not the tourneys.

Maybe something to look in to Mr Sky!

P.s i always update the software whenever it asks.