You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

doing my nut in!

2»

Comments

• edited November 2009
    interesting results guys.  17/14 yes/no with a 12 (i think i've forgot what i read 5 seconds ago) don't care.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: doing my nut in!:
    In Response to Re: doing my nut in! : well said greg ,this post is not fooling anybody,this post is all about the nice people ,that run the threads for the deepstack ,who continue to do a great job ............webby is only concerned about the posters freeroll,and post count for the nice people that run the deepstack threads,,,............thats all this post is about ..........dont be fooled people ,even i didnt think he could stoop this low ,but there you have it in black and white .................SAD SAD MAN
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    yes because 1 persons post count is really gonna skew a 50 person FR.

do you even think about things before you ramble on like some kind of insane person?
  • edited November 2009
    I don't think anyone is questioning if the people that run the threads are nice or not? I'ts just a matter of if the threads "Promote" the Deepies to new people or if in fact they are read, and entered by the same people making them pointless (as a promotion but probably enjoyable for those who comment and enter these). I'm not one to say that people can't post what they like on here and as the deepie threads WILL continue I will just do what i've always done and skip by them.

The OP said that the "POSTS" do his head in, not the people who take the time to make them. So why people are jumping to the defence of individuals who have put them up i don't know? People are not particularly leaping to the defence of the threads (other than 1 or 2 saying it has reminded them once to enter), they are defending the people who have not been mentioned by the OP.

Also Webby has not requested all deepie posts to be stopped, just not so many. Others on this thread have commented on how many were appearing so it's obviously not just him who 's noticed
  • edited November 2009
    hi guys,

i have just had to delete a post in this thread that broke our community house rules. please keep things friendly, there really is no room for personal attacks and anything considered as this will be removed.

thank you
  • edited November 2009
    I've voted no not so much because they are not of interest to me, but I feel that this is one area that would suit a sub forum and was one of the areas I suggested in the thread Rich made about forum improvements.

Aski :)
  • edited November 2009
    hey rich i can understand why TENOFSPADE'S post was removed but can you p'm me explaining why mine was removed please? cant see what was wrong with the post?
  • edited November 2009
    Hi

Ok why are theses deepstack threads run?

1. Are they there to do a job, yes, they are there for a reminder, and yes they do work, I still get contacted to thank me for reminding them, so success

2. Thery are there to try to encourage newer, and older playes to play in a well structured torunament that is not push all the time and have great banter, yes we do have newer players playing, and railing willing to learn poker, success

3. One of the deepstacks was dying a very painful, yet underserved death, I asked if I could help with the advertising of this to try to save this tourny and was alowed to, no I dont have the bankrollto play in it, that does not mean I want it to die though, I am glad to say numbers have increased in this particular deepstack, success.

4. As you all may known, I do this on a totally voluntary basis, and do the thread mostly when tikay is unavailable to do them as he started them and, only when he is extremely busy will I do them, and am very happy and honoured to do then truth be told, but when tikay is avalable am also more than happy to let him take back the reigns.

This thread proves that the forum is aware that the thread are there, and some of the posts prove they still do the job they are meant to do (as well,as messages not posted on here), so therefore obvioulsy still a need.
  • edited November 2009
    its all about opinions bazza and 44.6% think they clogg up the place? i dont mind seeing the odd one fluttering about reminding people but the other day there was about 5 on the first page and that is just way too much for a single deepstack, everybody is entitled to their opinion and mine is we dont need so many of these
  • edited November 2009
    Hi webby

Yup, but it also means that 56% see tham as essential or dont mind either way ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Ok why are theses deepstack threads run? 1. Are they there to do a job, yes, they are there for a reminder, and yes they do work, I still get contacted to thank me for reminding them, so success 2. Thery are there to try to encourage newer, and older playes to play in a well structured torunament that is not push all the time and have great banter, yes we do have newer players playing, and railing willing to learn poker, success 3. One of the deepstacks was dying a very painful, yet underserved death, I asked if I could help with the advertising of this to try to save this tourny and was alowed to, no I dont have the bankrollto play in it, that does not mean I want it to die though, I am glad to say numbers have increased in this particular deepstack, success. 4. As you all may known, I do this on a totally voluntary basis, and do the thread mostly when tikay is unavailable to do them as he started them and, only when he is extremely busy will I do them, and am very happy and honoured to do then truth be told, but when tikay is avalable am also more than happy to let him take back the reigns. This thread proves that the forum is aware that the thread are there, and some of the posts prove they still do the job they are meant to do (as well,as messages not posted on here), so therefore obvioulsy still a need.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Sorry Barry but you seem to have posted in defence of yourself. Webby hasn't as far as i'm aware made any comment about people making the threads but more that there seemed to be a lot of these threads. As stated in my previous post i don't want to restrict what people post up here but i can say that constantly bumping a thread with posts like " 1 person entered" and "now up to 6" gives a false impression of the popularity of that thread. I understand your bumping this to keep it prominant but that may be shipping other threads off to page 2 that may get more interest in them if they were not artifically bumped.

I don't understand saying a tournament was dying a death that was unjustified, if no one wanted to play it then it is dying a very justified death. Sky will put on the tournaments that people want to play and ultimatly it is the poker players pound that will decide if a tournament survives. At some point people may have to ask themselves the hard questions such as "if these tournaments need constant forum support for people to bother entering, then are they really worth the effort???? "

I'm not saying that they arn't as i don't play them but i don't see any other form of tourny either in jepardy or so heavily supported by forum bumps as additional advertising. If people see the feeds on the poker lobby and still don't want to play then thats them voting with their feet (or their mouse buttons is supose)
  • edited November 2009
    The one thing I would say other than my previous comment is that I dont have an issue with these tournies being advertised in some form or another and I'm not just on about deep stack,, but I would prefer them not to be in the general section of the forum, just due to the amount of posts that are actually made there.

I do agree that specifically in relation to deep stacks for players who want to play these types of tournies then they are not as easy to find as others (ie bounty hunters) and maybe within the MTT section of the poker lobby, Sky could look at grouping Deep Stack tournies together, or at least have some sort of filtering in place so that players can search for the type of games they wish to play.

• edited November 2009
    good point aski, maybe they could start posting them in another section of the forum?
  • edited November 2009
    I THINK THE 8.15 DEEP STACK THREAD HAS BEEN A SUCCESS STORY .  WITH THE NEW TOURNEYS AT 7 PM AND 8 PM , THIS DS WENT FROM A 600 GUARANTEE [ 120 + RUNNERS ] LAST WINTER, TO LESS THEN 10 RUNNERS AND NO GUARANTEE. NOW WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF THE THREAD , THE NUMBERS ARE BACK OVER 30 AND EVEN OVER 50 SOME NIGHTS .
  • edited November 2009
    good point aski, maybe they could start posting them in another section of the forum?
    Posted by webby234

Actually just looked at the forum lobby and well this seems the obvious place if posts are to be made on the forum, given its description

Exactly what it says on the tin! includes information about freerolls, promotions and tournaments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to doing my nut in!:
    is there any chance that we can stop having so many threads regarding these deepstacks, everytime i come onto the forums these days all i get to see is £300 this £300 that. clearly some people must need to see the thread otherwise they would totally forget about the tournaments they normally play in? (would they really) this is probably gonna be met my stern resistance but i think all they are doing is messing up the forum and lets be honest they dont actually get many posts on the threads themselves.
    Posted by webby234
     i realy cant see the problem here,

the forum has unlimited postage and thread usage,

just look at the usage this thread has taking up,

suggesting stop having more threads over something someone or a few people  don't like ,

is a bit silly ,

if everyone  had to agree about every thread ,

there would be no forum,

i said before put your threads up,

and skypoker heads will decide if they are suitable,

it would be laughable if we had to vote on every thread to stay or go.
  • edited November 2009

you cant just highlight certain parts of my post as if it was the end of my sentence, go highlight regarding deepstacks and you will see the bigger picture

• edited November 2009
    you cant just highlight certain parts of my post as if it was the end of my sentence, go highlight regarding deepstacks and you will see the bigger picture
    Posted by webby234
     now sorted still looks silly do.
  • edited November 2009
    Makes a change from your bad beat threads webby