You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Apat UK Team Championship Qualifiers

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Breaking news....

The 27 people who registered an interest in taking part in the APAT UK Team Championships will be entered into free weekly qualifiers which will take place every Thursday night (starting 19th Nov) for the next five weeks.

Points will be awarded for finishing positions in the five tournaments and the eight players with the highest number of points once the tournaments have finished will be able to represent Sky Poker at the APAT UK Team Championships.

Sky Bernie and Sky Dave will also be taking part in these weekly tournaments and each week there'll be a £50 prize pot up for grabs as well (all thanks to Sky Bernie).

Flash Flush will be giving regular updates on the competitors.

Good Luck!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    already registered, looking forward to it ..... thanks sky!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Hi wayne

Good luck in these upcoming qualifiers mate.
    However, i am somewhat concerned that these will take up some of your time that would otherwise be spent putting sillyness in the shed for my and others enjoyment.  Can you guarantee an undiminished supply of humour in the coming weeks?
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks guys.

Goodluck everyone!!
  • edited November 2009
    Well done sky for getting this sorted. Im looking forward to following the results, and the team in the APAT events.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Apat UK Team Championship Qualifiers:
    Hi wayne Good luck in these upcoming qualifiers mate. However, i am somewhat concerned that these will take up some of your time that would otherwise be spent putting sillyness in the shed for my and others enjoyment.  Can you guarantee an undiminished supply of humour in the coming weeks?
    Posted by Buistyboy

I think i can do that ;) i can never guarentee that it will always be funny but i do always try my best!! ;) i am sure you will let me know if i start to slip lol ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Looking forward to it.  Good lcuk everyone (though not as much as me hopefully ;) )
    Thanks for adding extra value with the prize pool sky - always thinking of the players!  Top notch.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Steve,

Many thanks to you and Bernie for setting this up, and to Flashflush, Cormach and others for putting this forward...

I hope i can make the top 8 and make it to Manchester as part of the team

Looking forward to it!

Greg
  • edited November 2009
    Good luck all of you who are participating in these tourneys ...I will be watching you as I think I will learn a lot from you all......May the best 8 men or women win
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to The Apat UK Team Championship Qualifiers:
    Breaking news.... The 27 people who registered an interest in taking part in the APAT UK Team Championships will be entered into free weekly qualifiers which will take place every Thursday night (starting 19th Nov) for the next five weeks. Points will be awarded for finishing positions in the five tournaments and the eight players with the highest number of points once the tournaments have finished will be able to represent Sky Poker at the APAT UK Team Championships. Sky Bernie and Sky Dave will also be taking part in these weekly tournaments and each week there'll be a £50 prize pot up for grabs as well (all thanks to Sky Bernie). Flash Flush will be giving regular updates on the competitors. Good Luck!
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    Thanks to all you guys at Skypoker for making this possible.I'm sure a very good team will come out of this and can win this Apat UK team championship.We have quality players in the final 27,so good luck everyone.
    Flashflush you have done a great job on this so keep up the good work and I hope you get into the final 8. You deserve it mate.
  • edited November 2009
    A BIG UP to Flashflush and the Sky team.... Having qualified for two APAT tourneys this year all I can say is that anything that involves Tikay you know you are going to have a great experience at the tables.

Good luck to all 
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks for the PM flash, i'd forgotten all about it
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to The Apat UK Team Championship Qualifiers:
    Breaking news.... The 27 people who registered an interest in taking part in the APAT UK Team Championships will be entered into free weekly qualifiers which will take place every Thursday night (starting 19th Nov) for the next five weeks. Points will be awarded for finishing positions in the five tournaments and the eight players with the highest number of points once the tournaments have finished will be able to represent Sky Poker at the APAT UK Team Championships. Sky Bernie and Sky Dave will also be taking part in these weekly tournaments and each week there'll be a £50 prize pot up for grabs as well (all thanks to Sky Bernie). Flash Flush will be giving regular updates on the competitors. Good Luck!
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    hi mate any chance of getting in the freerolls i missed the reg???
  • edited November 2009
    Why are cash prizes being offered as well surely qualifing is enough
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Sky Steve....count me in as well if not too late...did contact Charlie...my OWN fault....Mike Q
  • edited November 2009
    Hi, i registered my interest on the initial thread but it won't ley me register, HELP PLEASE!!!
  • edited November 2009
    I know I'm extremely late (just found the thread) but can I register my interest?
  • edited November 2009
    if its not to late ( just found the thread) i would like to register my intrest
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks guys.  Goodluck everyone!!
    Posted by FlashFlush

hiya charles
         wot time do qualifiers start have been off ill back now tho michael
  • edited November 2009
    hi guys,

flashflush worked with Sky bernie to compile the list of players involved with this. unfortunately you had to have replied to flash's original thread to qualify.

please accept my deepest apologies if you missed this but wanted to play.
  • edited November 2009
    hi guys, flashflush worked with Sky bernie to compile the list of players involved with this. unfortunately you had to have replied to flash's original thread to qualify. please accept my deepest apologies if you missed this but wanted to play.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    O well, story of my life. Thanks for the reply Rich and good luck to all who play.
  • edited November 2009

this seems like a good tourny. not too sure about how the selection or this was done but anyway.

will there be anymore of these tournys at different venues where other players can play or is there just the one or is it same players throughout?

• edited November 2009
    this seems like a good tourny. not too sure about how the selection or this was done but anyway. will there be anymore of these tournys at different venues where other players can play or is there just the one or is it same players throughout?
    Posted by royalfife
    hi
    If you look on the thread titled Why are invites secret, ive explain how and what
    col
  • edited November 2009
    Ok just a quick not on this before the qualifiers start.
     It was posted on the original thread but some of you may of missed it. ALL PLAYERS WHO QUALIFY have to pay £50 registration fee for the tournament, and have to be a member of APAT (APAT membership is free) and if a seat is won, this does not include accommodation.

Thanks and goodluck all
  • edited November 2009
    Ok just a quick not on this before the qualifiers start.  It was posted on the original thread but some of you may of missed it. ALL PLAYERS WHO QUALIFY have to pay £50 registration fee for the tournament, and have to be a member of APAT (APAT membership is free) and if a seat is won, this does not include accommodation.  Thanks and goodluck all
    Posted by FlashFlush

looks like i,ve missed qualifiers but will be in manchester to support as have sorted accomadation out good luck to all dtw
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Apat UK Team Championship Qualifiers :  looks like i,ve missed qualifiers but will be in manchester to support as have sorted accomadation out good luck to all dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
     Great to hear Michael.

Hope your feeling better now, and sorry you missed the boat. With so many players interested we had to have a closing date or we would 100's playing to win 8 seats
  • edited November 2009
    thanks for this flash flush well done in getting it going nearly missed it though as just come out of hospital have not looked at the site for couple of days thanks again
  • edited November 2009
    Good luck all for tonights Team decider and you get to win money as well ....have a good game all
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Apat UK Team Championship Qualifiers :  Great to hear Michael. Hope your feeling better now, and sorry you missed the boat. With so many players interested we had to have a closing date or we would 100's playing to win 8 seats
    Posted by FlashFlush

cheers m8 am feeling a lot better now, gl with qualifiers as for missing the boat maybe i'll get lucky as a supersub if a team is short will have a look on apat forum as am a member all the best michael
  • edited November 2009
    Well played everyone this evening. Final table went on for ages. Congrats to Solarcarro who ended up winning and tallboy for 2nd.

Here are the standings after the 1st round (if points are equal they are seperated by alphabetical order)
    POSITION PLAYER POINTS
    1st SOLARCARRO 13
    2nd TALLBOY 12
    3rd SKY_DAVE 11
    4th KAIDUS 10
    5th LOKI-ROGY 9
    6th DELTA 8
    7th GRIMLOCK 7
    8th KARLLUKE 6
    9th JAMIELOU 5
    10th GREGHOGG 4
    11th JUMPA 3
    12th MARGATEMAF 2
    13th BIGBLUSTER 1
    14th CORMACH 1
    15th DARICH 1
    16th FLASHFLUSH 1
    17th FLUTNUSH 1
    18th GR8TFLOP 1
    19th JOOBIE538 1
    20th LABRAT64 1
    21st MAGGIESDAD 1
    22nd MIKE1975 1
    23rd MR_MBRO 1
    24th ONLYONECT 1
    25th REPTON3 1
    26th SHANXTA 1
    27th SKY_BERNIE 1
    28th THEMACKEM 1
  • edited November 2009
    Well played everyone this evening. Final table went on for ages. Congrats to Solarcarro who ended up winning and tallboy for 2nd. Here are the standings after the 1st round (if points are equal they are seperated by alphabetical order) POSITION PLAYER POINTS 1st SOLARCARRO 13 2nd TALLBOY 12 3rd SKY_DAVE 11 4th KAIDUS 10 5th LOKI-ROGY 9 6th DELTA 8 7th GRIMLOCK 7 8th KARLLUKE 6 9th JAMIELOU 5 10th GREGHOGG 4 11th JUMPA 3 12th MARGATEMAF 2 13th BIGBLUSTER 1 14th CORMACH 1 15th DARICH 1 16th FLASHFLUSH 1 17th FLUTNUSH 1 18th GR8TFLOP 1 19th JOOBIE538 1 20th LABRAT64 1 21st MAGGIESDAD 1 22nd MIKE1975 1 23rd MR_MBRO 1 24th ONLYONECT 1 25th REPTON3 1 26th SHANXTA 1 27th SKY_BERNIE 1 28th THEMACKEM 1
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I think the words MUST DO TONS BETTER will apply to how i play next Thursday because tonight's performance was awful lol!!!