You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Final hand, thoughts on my line? Snap call river yes?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2012
    given what you learnt in the last hand where he c/r calls it off with a fd on a paired board why are you not playing it the same way to get him again. 

1/3rd pot is just too tempting for players who either play draws aggressively or are happy bluffing
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Final hand, thoughts on my line? Snap call river yes?:
    In Response to Re: Final hand, thoughts on my line? Snap call river yes? : This is what I thought/think also............
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Maybe our thought process is outdated and people just bet whole range on these flops when 4 bet pre, and no one takes the line of 4 bet bluffing pre, rep big hand by checking and then betting turn for folds :S As we know if you check flop everyone thinks you have AA/KK )
    So is really betting flop with value & bluffs really worthwhile if our checking range is equally transparent as our betting range
    Intresting that certain players (beaneh/lol_raise) advocating betting small on flop. maybe to induse c/r - not sure maybe they can enlighten the masses

still think it's oppo dependant if we bet or check flop, versus spew peel or trap pre - it's a check )
    Do we really think oppo is bad enough for u to bet this flop and oppo going to get it with worse than 1010 - the only upside to betting flop for us is if oppo flats 4 bet pre with QQ/KK to trap us

Also the flop ain't wet, can't see oppo c/r with draws even though it's obviously how oppo plays draws :S
    Unless oppo may c/r bluffs or hands we beat - but obviously will c/r hands we don't beat !
    Can't really see oppo c/r hands we beat though-
    oppo may peel light pre but have we any info that he will c/r bluffs or hands we beat in this spot -

...........mmmmmmmmmm to bet or not to bet ? That is the QUESTION !
  • edited August 2012
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bromley04 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £31.77
    JamieReyes Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £52.62
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

westslay23 Fold     
    omgffsgfy Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £38.65
    bromley04 Fold     
    xxxRaise  £2.70 £4.35 £49.92
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £6.30 £10.65 £32.35
    xxx Call  £4.50 £15.15 £45.42
    Flop

• J
    • J

xxxCheck     
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Turn

• K

xxxBet  £7.58 £22.73 £37.84
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £7.58 £30.31 £24.77
    River

xxx All-in  £37.84 £68.15 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £24.77 £92.92 £0.00
    xxxUnmatched bet  £13.07 £79.85 £13.07
    xxx Show

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Win Two Pairs, Aces and Jacks £78.05
  • edited August 2012
  • edited August 2012
    bet small to give fe. no point betting big in an all ready big pot with stacks as they are. If you were bluffing bet around £5 and with AA bet around £5. Ideally doh would bet around £5/6 on flop, £10/11ish turn, shove river.. that's if villain flatted obv
  • edited August 2012
    bet small to give fe. no point betting big in an all ready big pot with stacks as they are. If you were bluffing bet around £5 and with AA bet around £5. Ideally doh would bet around £5/6 on flop, £10/11ish turn, shove river.. that's if villain flatted obv
    Posted by percival09
    Ok I hear ya - but what hands are we offering FE - bluffs/draws -
    Going to be very hard for oppo to continue with stone cold bluffs when we bet, considering we 4 bet pre
    So we only looking to bet small and offer FE to stone cold bluffs or at a push gutshots

I see the logic in it, but surely checking induces more bluffs than just betting £5 unless oppo is a maniac with history of repping nutz!

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Final hand, thoughts on my line? Snap call river yes? : Ok I hear ya - but what hands are we offering FE - bluffs/draws - Going to be very hard for oppo to continue with stone cold bluffs when we bet, considering we 4 bet pre So we only looking to bet small and offer FE to stone cold bluffs or at a push gutshots I see the logic in it, but surely checking induces more bluffs than just betting £5 unless oppo is a maniac with history of repping nutz!
    Posted by rancid
    Can't he make a bad c/r with 1010-KK?? wanting to shut the hand down..
  • edited August 2012
    how do you balance checking that flop?

you gonna check that flop with A4s, and then spew off on turn/river?

people can c/r flops as a bluff you know.
  • edited August 2012
    Lol at balancing in 4b pots v villain like this

He looks bad from the one hand you noted. People love to spew in paired flops. Bet and let him bluff or value raise with worse or call with worse. River is definitely a call as played after T7 hand
  • edited August 2012

Don’t think we need to worry about balance versus this oppo who peels 3 bets light

Versus any decent reg where we do need to be balanced, I am sure the 4 bet doesn’t get flatted

And if it does get flatted by decent reg, their flat very polarised if we 100bb deep.

Versus this certain oppo, it just makes sense to check,, oppo peeled light so either has a J or we want them to get it in with worse + bluffs

Can oppo c/r with a bluff, suppose yeah they could but I think less likely

could they bad c/r with pairs we beat, yeah probably but I think less likely

still think we can check flop and get stacks in by river

checking here imo is just situational
  • edited August 2012
    People don't peel to c/f JJ7 flops
  • edited August 2012
    Lol at balancing in 4b pots v villain like this He looks bad from the one hand you noted. People love to spew in paired flops. Bet and let him bluff or value raise with worse or call with worse. River is definitely a call as played after T7 hand
    Posted by grantorino
    lol at myself for mentioning balancing at all on sky pretty sure over 90% of the player base don't balance/are unaware of the concept....

• edited August 2012
    Yeh no need to balance on sky, tbf dohhh doesn't even balance his diet, so this shouldn't be a problem.
  • edited August 2012
    are u betting the flop with a bluff ? are u always checking this flop with aa ? the norm way of playing is betting this flop u have played it awkward which has made ya get the monies 
  • edited August 2012
    People don't peel to c/f JJ7 flops
    Posted by grantorino
    probably a very true statement,  so if this is true it doesn't matter if we check or bet flop...... meh )
    so is it better to bet or check to induce the bluff or value bet from oppo....

just depends :D

• edited August 2012
    So in summary we have aces Vs villain who we now know is a fish.. Prob not important whether we bet / check whatever as long as we get stacks in.

The fact this guy had air and spewed off shows what? Is op saying if i dont check he doesnt spew off.. i dunno what this thread has turned into. pointless.
  • edited August 2012
    So in summary we have aces Vs villain who we now know is a fish.. Prob not important whether we bet / check whatever as long as we get stacks in. The fact this guy had air and spewed off shows what? Is op saying if i dont check he doesnt spew off.. i dunno what this thread has turned into. pointless.
    Posted by pr1nnyraid
    Not at all.
  • edited August 2012
    circles r pointless !
  • edited August 2012
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sooooooooooo much Dramas you have AA in a 4bet pot vs joey Deacon.............get real its not like there was a 4flush out there
  • edited August 2012
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sooooooooooo much Dramas you have AA in a 4bet pot vs joey Deacon.............get real its not like there was a 4flush out there
    Posted by N1CK
    wb to the forum mate.

giving me sarcy comments.

giving me stacks.

it's like u've never been away.

Play more plz

• edited August 2012
    Your all seriously over thinking this hand
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Final hand, thoughts on my line? Snap call river yes? : wb to the forum mate. giving me sarcy comments. giving me stacks. it's like u've never been away. Play more plz
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    come on even a spew monkey like you knows this hands a no brainer

your biggest problem is you have massive balls but a tiny brain
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Final hand, thoughts on my line? Snap call river yes? : come on even a spew monkey like you knows this hands a no brainer your biggest problem is you have massive balls but a tiny brain
    Posted by N1CK
    As opposed to a massive brain and Tiny balls ;)

Keep on calling.