You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

assasin's creed 2

edited March 2010 in The Shed
anybody else get this today?

i very much enjoyed the first one so high hopes for this.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I still need to complete the first one =[ started playing it and I was like woah this game is deep so I started playing something else but everyone I know says it's good so i'll have to get back to it! There's a very good glitch in the first game where you jump off this high building and get the win 50 battles achievement... can't remember which though!

Left for dead 2 is out also! gotta get that =]
  • edited November 2009

Played the first one which i really enjoyed but like ness4 got stuck of some level and gave up
    Girlfriend dropped a hint the other day about a PS3 so im getting excited thinking she may have got me one for christmas, not getting my hopes up too much though cause last year i thought she was getting me a ipod touch when infact it was one of them 3in1 remote controls that never work, im still trying to turn the tv over

• edited November 2009
    yeah you should really keep going with the first one. the environments are endless and look great too. it's a bit like a dark age grand theft auto where you replace your sports car for a horse!
  • edited November 2009
    tour of duty 6 is very good came out last week
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: assasin's creed 2:
    yeah you should really keep going with the first one. the environments are endless and look great too. it's a bit like a dark age grand theft auto where you replace your sports car for a horse!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Do you actually get to ride a horse in it?? Yeah I did love the environment on the game, it's really cool climbing the highest buildings and watching the views!

Talking of GTA, has anyone actually played the two add-ons? adventures of gay tony ;] and errrm can't remember what the other is called...
  • edited November 2009
    you certainly can ride horses. hours of fun... honest
  • edited November 2009
    Talking of GTA, has anyone actually played the two add-ons? adventures of gay tony ;] and errrm can't remember what the other is called...
    Posted by ness4
    I have both the add-ons but never really got into the first one. Gay Tony is much better, infact, I think it's better than the original GTAIV game! The old GTA humour is back.

Not bothering with AC2 as I didn't enjoy the first one. Found it a bit repetitive :-/

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: assasin's creed 2 : I have both the add-ons but never really got into the first one. Gay Tony is much better, infact, I think it's better than the original GTAIV game! The old GTA humour is back. Not bothering with AC2 as I didn't enjoy the first one. Found it a bit repetitive :-/
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Was just about to post something similar. The environment was well presented, but a lot of the missions were very very similar.

I had the pc version which I believe had additional game play compared to the consoles, however still felt even with this the game was just too repetitive

Aski :)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: assasin's creed 2 : I have both the add-ons but never really got into the first one. Gay Tony is much better, infact, I think it's better than the original GTAIV game! The old GTA humour is back. Not bothering with AC2 as I didn't enjoy the first one. Found it a bit repetitive :-/
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Ooh I may have to invest in that add-on then! I love the older versions, especially Vice City!
  • edited November 2009
    played the first one and whilst the graphics were superb, I played it through and whilst it was good, I was slightly disappointed with it.  Bought the second one today. the reviews and graphics looked really good. Hope the story line is better and more variety.

Will get to play it once son goes to bed and stops playing MW2
  • edited November 2009
    got it at 9 this morning and have played about 2 hours and errr...its not good.The first game was one of my favourites but this is not good so far.There is a cut scene every 3 seconds and i really couldnt care less about Ezio,he's worse than Altiar!Maybe i am judging it too soon and i will be playing more obviously,but at the moment i am regreting my decision to get this over left4dead 2 :( i have barely done anything and it just feels like a poorly written interactive film at the moment

sorry rich
  • edited November 2009
    played the first one and whilst the graphics were superb, I played it through and whilst it was good, I was slightly disappointed with it.  Bought the second one today. the reviews and graphics looked really good. Hope the story line is better and more variety. Will get to play it once son goes to bed and stops playing MW2
    Posted by Urdadi
    Lol you'll be waiting a long time! That game is so addictive!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: assasin's creed 2 : Lol you'll be waiting a long time! That game is so addictive!
    Posted by ness4
    I think I need to ground him.

might use the fact he is working with some kid online to find the glitches. Could say he is cheating. ;-)

In one of the online battlefields - there is a large yellow crane just outside of the play area. You can jump across to it and kill people from out of hours.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: assasin's creed 2 : I think I need to ground him. might use the fact he is working with some kid online to find the glitches. Could say he is cheating. ;-) In one of the online battlefields - there is a large yellow crane just outside of the play area. You can jump across to it and kill people from out of hours.
    Posted by Urdadi
    Ahh but if you ground him then he has to stay indoors, so he'll be on the console even longer!
    Thanks for the glitch! I get owned badly on online play so any tips are appreciated!
  • edited November 2009
    is he fighting Rocky again?
  • edited November 2009
    you certainly can ride horses. hours of fun... honest
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Is that what you do in your spare time? ride horses. Well what ever takes your fancy. prefer sheep in this neck of the woods - lol
  • edited November 2009
    guys,

you need this game!

yes the start is a bit pap, but it gets soooo much better!

• edited November 2009
    reckon i played the original of this on my Amiga back in the day :-)
  • edited November 2009
    this game is awesome!!!!

the start was really bad and i had wrestled with the idea of taking it back,but decided not to.Once you get past the first 2 hours or so,this game is great.Some of the kill animations with the heavy weapons are brutal(funny) and the improved free-running is great.

awesome,glad i gave it a chance :)
  • edited November 2009
    god i really have entered ultimate geek mode with this game. i just can't put it down. really don't want it to end?!

its so so good. buy it everyone!
  • edited November 2009
    yeah my hubby and son. plays all the time when he comes home for work to bed time so i never get to watch tv. there say it is awesome
  • edited November 2009
    god i really have entered ultimate geek mode with this game. i just can't put it down. really don't want it to end?! its so so good. buy it everyone!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    where are you up too Rich?I cant really say where i am without spoilers but i read a review and they said it was at least an 18 hour game!
  • edited November 2009
    Got it but it is still in its wrapper. Finally got to play MW2 and am I hooked oh yes. I need to wait for the kid to go to bed and have told boss wife is sick so am working from home, I will rot in h_e_l_l, but only chance I get. 

note- the content warning software is a bit strict.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: assasin's creed 2 : where are you up too Rich?I cant really say where i am without spoilers but i read a review and they said it was at least an 18 hour game!
    Posted by namesb0nd

i'm about 12 hours in i think. yeah don't spoil it for me!
  • edited November 2009
      note- the content warning software is a bit strict.
    Posted by Urdadi
    .. and the THREE (!) warnings you get when selecting Veteran mode :-D

• edited November 2009
    god i really have entered ultimate geek mode with this game. i just can't put it down. really don't want it to end?! its so so good. buy it everyone!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Can you believe Sky Rich calls me a geek for playing the new Super Mario Bros on the Wii?

Did nobody play Super Mario World on the SNES, possibly one of the finest piece of platforming ever?!

And I too am enjoying Assassin's Creed 2, AND Modern Warfare 2, AND GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony...

Not enough time to play all these great games anymore :(

I wish my girlfriend played video games instead of watching all this 'Make Me A Supermodel' garbage. Pah!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: assasin's creed 2 : Can you believe Sky Rich calls me a geek for playing the new Super Mario Bros on the Wii? Did nobody play Super Mario World on the SNES, possibly one of the finest piece of platforming ever?! And I too am enjoying Assassin's Creed 2, AND Modern Warfare 2, AND GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony... Not enough time to play all these great games anymore :( I wish my girlfriend played video games instead of watching all this 'Make Me A Supermodel' garbage. Pah!
    Posted by Sky_Pony
    Takes one to know one lol :P I have enough time, but none of the new games, only been able to play MW2 at friend's places... =[ so if anyone wants to buy me the games i'm not complaining ha!

andddd I like make me a supermodel so shushhhhhhhh
  • edited November 2009
    ah Sky Pony! nice to see you.

managed to get out the barn today then?

how's all that fresh new winter hay?

"Not enough time to play all these great games anymore :("

- with those meaty hooves it takes you about 4 hours just to turn the xbox on....doesn't it?

• edited November 2009
    and yes we do have a Sky barn round the back of the office.

soon to be making a forum appearance - Sky Horse, Sky Goose and if you're lucky Sky Pig.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: assasin's creed 2 : Can you believe Sky Rich calls me a geek for playing the new Super Mario Bros on the Wii? Did nobody play Super Mario World on the SNES, possibly one of the finest piece of platforming ever?! And I too am enjoying Assassin's Creed 2, AND Modern Warfare 2, AND GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony... Not enough time to play all these great games anymore :( I wish my girlfriend played video games instead of watching all this 'Make Me A Supermodel' garbage. Pah!
    Posted by Sky_Pony
    I've still got a Snes with Super Mario World, great game. Super Mario Kart on the Snes was & still is superb. If only they could get the Snes online so I could open up a can of whup @ss on everyone. I'm a powersliding, turtle-throwing king on the snes version.