You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Premier Leugue Top Scorer - betting

2»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Premier Leugue Top Scorer - betting:
    I've got a good bet for you guys but you will need to be quick. Skybet have a lot of special bets for individual teams. like teams top scorer etc (Hense why I'm putting this on this thread). The top 3 odds for Swindon - James Collins 2/1 (He has just signed for Hibs) and 3rd is Paul Benson, who is going out on loan to Cheltenham as far as I know. They also have Adam Rooney in there still, and he isn't going to sign a new contract because he has been training with Oldham. So as soon as Skybet realise this, Andy Williams's (Our only half decent striker) odds will be slashed from 7/2, to something like 2/1 or 11/8 blah blah. I've put £50 on it...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well only about an hour after I posted this and he is down to 5/2. So I hope some of you saw this in time.
  • edited July 2013
    premier league - van persie 7/2

championship - jonny russel 25/1

league 1 - kevin doyle 14/1

league 2 - dave kitson 20/1
  • edited July 2013
    I still think 5/2 is good odds BTW. We only have 2 strikers in our whole squad at the moment, and the other is a youngster who only made 4 appearances last season and they were all from the bench. Just depends if you want to wager a decent amount for a whole season at 5/2...
  • edited July 2013
    We don't want Swindon to score any goals this season, we want them to go dowm :D

I'm excluded on Skybet so can't do it anyway. I'll have a look at the Northampton one and give my opinions.
  • edited July 2013
    Meh, can't find the markets.

1 of the reasons Skybet is pants, not the easiest to navigate.
  • edited July 2013
    Meh, can't find the markets. 1 of the reasons Skybet is pants, not the easiest to navigate.
    Posted by splashies
    Step by step: On the left column click Football. Then on the new side columns scroll down to specials and click more. That's got all the teams there
  • edited July 2013
    Got it cheers.

Well for Northampton Roy O'Donovan at 9/4 is nailed on, assuming we don't sign another striker. (I hope we do, but it's doubtful).

Clive Platt will be lucky to get 5 goals.

Alex Nicholls is quality but he's out til xmas.

Only other possibility is JJ Hooper who is a younster we just signed after being released from Newcastle academy. He's scored 5 goals already in pre season and a very quick striker.. If he can make an impression in first few league games and nail down a starting spot, then 16/1 looks good.

The rest are midfielders and doubt will top scoring list.
  • edited July 2013
    Got it cheers. Well for Northampton Roy O'Donovan at 9/4 is nailed on, assuming we don't sign another striker. (I hope we do, but it's doubtful). Clive Platt will be lucky to get 5 goals. Alex Nicholls is quality but he's out til xmas. Only other possibility is JJ Hooper who is a younster we just signed after being released from Newcastle academy. He's scored 5 goals already in pre season and a very quick striker.. If he can make an impression in first few league games and nail down a starting spot, then 16/1 looks good. The rest are midfielders and doubt will top scoring list.
    Posted by splashies
    Clive platt was a good goalscorer for Coventry and Colchester, last season I thought his got aidy bothroyd/ dropped a league/ and plays for a decent team in league 2.  He didn't score until near Christmas or somtime I think,  Did his leg fall off in pre season ???

Cheltenham at 14/1 to win league 2 is huge imo, they've been consistently knocking on the door of promotion for the last 3 seasons.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Premier Leugue Top Scorer - betting : Clive platt was a good goalscorer for Coventry and Colchester, last season I thought his got aidy bothroyd/ dropped a league/ and plays for a decent team in league 2.  He didn't score until near Christmas or somtime I think,  Did his leg fall off in pre season ??? Cheltenham at 14/1 to win league 2 is huge imo, they've been consistently knocking on the door of promotion for the last 3 seasons.
    Posted by robbie1992
    Aidy loves him. He's too old now and not very mobile and a poor finisher. Aidy chose not to offer Akinfenwa a new contract (who has scored loads for us) because he prefers Platt. He's got a very dodgy back too, so hopefully he won't play too much, and we'll be forced to replace Akinfenwa with someone who can score.

We've taken Darren Carter off Cheltenham, which looks like being a top signing. :D

But this league is wide open.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Premier Leugue Top Scorer - betting : Step by step: On the left column click Football. Then on the new side columns scroll down to specials and click more. That's got all the teams there
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Wow  - Never realised how many markets they had

Was hoping to do O'Donovan and Williams in a dbl but can,t seem to place it. It looks as if they,re only taking singles on these bets unless i,m doing something wrong.
  • edited July 2013
    Just had a look and it doesn't seem to let you, so you may need to email them or something.

FWIW, I don't think they have these bets all the time, I think it's just because its pre season
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Premier Leugue Top Scorer - betting : Any tips for this year? I,ve only done Demba Ba so far
    Posted by MP33
    One thing i can guranteee is that Demba Ba will not be top scorer.   Won't even play very often.

RVP is rightly massive favourite and if he stays fit will n dout score 20 +
    Michu will be close.
    Sturridge could be an interesting outside bet, espeically if they selll suarez.
    If Soldado signs for spurs he will be my pick !!!

Also if Darren bent signs for newcastle he will score plenty.

Gary hooper will also score 15 +
  • edited July 2013
    Winner will come from top 5 almost certainly.

If I wanted a punt - Eden Hazard at 100/1 which is there to be had.

Wenger turned Henry from good winger into world class striker. IMO Hazard could go the same way under Mourinho
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Premier Leugue Top Scorer - betting : Wow  - Never realised how many markets they had Was hoping to do O'Donovan and Williams in a dbl but can,t seem to place it. It looks as if they,re only taking singles on these bets unless i,m doing something wrong.
    Posted by MP33
    Have you done this bet yet mate?

At the time I posted, our manager had said he's happy with our current striking options, so wasn't expecting us to sign a new striker.

There's rumours flying around that we are on the verge of signing a BIG name for League 2. Most of these rumours point towards Heidur Helguson. I really can't believe this myself but we'll have to wait and see. 

It will probably turn out that we won't sign anyone, and if we do, it won't be anyone as good as Helguson.
  • edited August 2013
    Wilfried Bony 50/1
    Jermaine Defoe 66/1
  • ommomm
    edited August 2013
    Torres
    Michu
    Bent
  • edited August 2013
    lukaku great value for top scorer, bagged lot of goals last season at west brom, in a better team he's likely to get better service and bang in more goals, looking like he is going to get a run in the team this season