You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New To The Forum? Introduce Yourself :)

13»

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Cheers fella, I'm just happy to pass on the good advice i've been given in the past, hopefully it gives me some rungood karma and helps someone else in the process!! I mainly just keep an eye out for the PLO and 50nl hands but like reading them after a session and posting every now and then... 

Yeh i'll prob be trying to play most of the SPT'13 events so will def take you up on that... I also started at 4nl/8nl mark (at sky and elsewhere) so keep grinding mate.. hope to see you at the 40nl+ games soon!! 
  • edited September 2012
    00knigma

hey guys my name is Martin Knight, i'm 23 and have been playing poker for about 2 years. I have recently joined SKYPOKER and done okay for myself so far.

Thanks for this post
  • edited September 2012
    Nice one for posting Martin, the forum here really is a great community so I hope you'll get involved in some of the shenanigans. Hope you did alright in your BH tonight

Paul
  • edited November 2012

Are you sure you're 18?

If so GL and hope to see you posting on here.

• edited November 2012
    Yes unless my passport and provisional are lying to me.

Thanks and I will post when I can.
  • edited November 2012
    Welcome to the site chaps! Hope you run good - any of you playing the UKOPS series?
  • edited November 2012
    Nice one for giving this a bump Dave!

Welcome one and all :)
  • edited November 2012
    Not gonna be in UKOPS unfortunatly but have been watching it :). Have learned alot aswell. Next time I should be in it.
  • edited February 2013
    Just giving this a bump for any recent newcomers :)
  • edited February 2013
  • edited February 2013
    I say we change the thread.

Mid-way through.

Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter?
  • edited February 2013
    That's not even worth answering Percy... but I will anyway lol

LOTR FTW!

• edited February 2013
    Hi i`m jod789 been playing for a couple of weeks now and enjoying it. won a few quid a couple of times, i like playing the rebuy games and of course the point games. wondering how you get into top of the posts game. my favourite game is the £400 guarantted game which takes place at 6.30 pm daily.In Response to New To The Forum? Introduce Yourself :):
    Hi all, I've noticed a few new posters on the forum recently, and thought it would be a great idea to have a little 'get to know you' thread where people could introduce themselves. Feel free to give whatever details you'd like, for example... name, how long you've been playing, what got you started, what stakes you like to play, what games you like to play etc etc. I'm not new here but I'll start off by doing a little bit of info about me to get the ball rolling and would really appreciate if all the forum posters took a few minutes out to just write a few words about themselves. Feel free to use my 'template' for your own. Fingers crossed we get enough posters on here to keep this thread on the first page or two of GPC!
    Posted by Lambert180
  • edited August 2015
    Yo, remembered this thread earlier and thought I'd give it a bump.

Interesting to see what people said about themselves years ago (including myself). Feel free to post again if things have changed a lot or to post for the first time and introduce yourself.
  • edited August 2015
    No need to introuce myself or do i..............lmao ;) I just laugh a lot!!!!
  • edited September 2015
    I guess i'll re-introduce myself since I'm hoping to start hanging around a bit more often now.

Vital Stats
    Name: Neil

Poker Stuff
    Been playing for 9 years. Used to be reg on here until I got a verbal warning for getting caught playing at work (lol) which, along with an increase in other commitments, kind of forced me into a bit of a sabbatical. Mini-brag: my first ever live tournament win was Sky's third ever live event in Brighton in 2008, which I wrote about in the UKPC Blog Comp.

Started playing a bit more regularly last summer to save for a holiday, grinding micro DYM's. Tailed off post-summer due to football season and college work (Mechanical Engineering HNC) taking away most of my playing time. Started playing again this summer and done reasonably well given the stakes I play at, made a few withdrawals so all is good there. I record my tournament (STT & MTT) results and at £3 DYMs my win rate is about 62%, at £5 it's currently above 70%. Perhaps not a large enough sample size but that goes to show I'm happy at these levels. 

Non-Poker Stuff
    Work for a small company (11 people) who provide Decision Support to the MoD and other major defence contractors as a Junior Consultant. Stuff like Investment Appraisals, Cost Benefit Analysis, Research Studies. Utterly fascinating stuff sometimes, though suffice to say I'm not really allowed to talk too much about it!!

I've been living with my girlfriend of about 8 years for 18 or so months now.

I'm in to a lot of sports. Football and F1 being the main ones, but also take fleeting interests in Cricket, Golf, Tennis and Snooker. As I've mentioned I play football, just in a local 11-a-side league as a goalkeeper. Proudest moment came last season, we were playing a team that had won every league game in their history (about 3 and half seasons worth)... until we beat them, keeping a clean sheet in the process meaning I was the first 'keeper they'd failed to score past in the league, ever!

Fun Fact
    I was the very first (non staff member) person to post on the community, which I'm strangely proud of. Was fortunate enough to be chosen to help bug test the forum and some people may remember me as a regular poster when it first went live. I also did a couple of blogs around that time, and as you can probably tell by this single post, I like to ramble a little bit ;).