You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1000/1month/double or quits - IT'S ALL OVER

Comments

• edited September 2012

slip-sliding away - although just £28 tonight.

MTTs were a slight +ve, even though I didn't cash in any of them, thanks to my prowess satting in. Once again I entered two sats for the £110bi BH, being the semi and a top 2/25, and went through in both. Unfortunately too tired to play particularly well - too passive / calling down - and after good starts drippled my chips away.

Cash was a -ve, but more controlled than last night. Fired up 5x NL30 (need a few more pennies before I venture back onto NL100) and had some mixed results for an hour. Then got AA on two tables at the same time, cracked by a straight on one and a flush on the other, and decided that was a good time to sign off. Posted one of them in the clinic - standard or could I have played better?

• edited September 2012
    GL Geldy.  Nice to see somebody keep on posting while losing, and being honest.

Hope you can turn it around, and ideally bink a nice super roller score !

Good Luck.  Spin it up !
  • edited September 2012

Thanks for your comments 1267 - it feels a bit lonely when you lose 40% of your monthly bankroll in one evening - so always nice to have some support.

Mixed night tonight, and had some technical problems. Namely at 10pm I  was playing 7 MTTs when I suddenly got hit by tremendous lag, and the tournie worst affected was where I was in the last 4 in a 100+ runner BH. Over 50% of hands were folded before I even got to see my cards! & I can't remember if that was before or after my AA were cracked again - aipf called by AJ with a JxJ flop - sigh. eventually came 3rd.

Had some fun on cash - once my technical probs had dissipated I signed up for a NL50 (sorry Arkham) £100bi Mastercash table in the hope that it might be selected for the live show at 11pm - which it was. Doubled up with QQ>JJ and then gave half back with JJ<KK vs the same player - all shown on the silver screen. Meanwhile also won on the NL20 Mastercash 3 (but MC2 was shown on TV instead). Nice hand when my AA held when I called the postflop overraise allin, they had tp Qkicker flushdraw, but I held the AA & the nutflushdraw with the AA holding. Having highlighted my AA being cracked a few times recently it is only fair I give them due coverage when they hold up for a decent pot.

I am playing the 22:30 BH - still in at 1am where I am 8/8. playing while exhausted doesn't seem to be hurting my late night results, but I wish I could get a bit more sleep. late regged into another BH to keep it company a while back, and my cavalier attitude was treated appropriately. ie the first hand I played I was already half the average stack, and a 600 stack went all in. I shoved my 2000 with A10s to find he had KK. I didn't improve. Couple of hands later I had the lower straight in a multiway pot. Shoved allin to be called by the higher straight. 2 hands - £11 - a laugh and a half but probably not the best way to build my bankroll.

Anyway back to my BH - final update to come later.

eventually 6/124 - sb vs bb shoved my A2 into AK! but no bounties so not a great payday. mustn't complain though, a plus day is a plus day!

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £1000 - one month - double or quits - down to £597:
    GL Geldy.  Nice to see somebody keep on posting while losing, and being honest. Hope you can turn it around, and ideally bink a nice super roller score ! Good Luck.  Spin it up !
    Posted by 1267
    +1, like 1267 said, its nice to see you losing, wait,......

I mean good luck in your challenge, its an interesting read.
  • edited September 2012
    10/10 for effort, just unfortunate that a bink hasn't been forthcoming.

You deserve success. I'm doing my best to send you some run-good vibes, there's still plenty of time to turn this around and double-up.
  • edited September 2012
    GELDY YOUR A NUTTER ;) im reading up and playing poker at the same time but i am reading gl buddy :)
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £1000 - one month - double or quits - latest £609:
    GELDY YOUR A NUTTER ;) 
    Posted by Dazler
    it's a fair cop
  • edited September 2012

cheers guys

down a little again - now £561
    started the main well with a double up with KK, but then lost most of it an hour later when KK < JQ. Went out of a few tournies tonight on bad beats - that's poker. Played a few timed tournies and doubled my money - but small beer.

now done for the night. no late night mtts & particularly no cash. Too tired to risk a big leak.

might have a quick play tomorrow, but then it's a 10 day break for family reasons until the Sunday Roller.
  • edited September 2012
    might have a quick play tomorrow, but then it's a 10 day break for family reasons until the Sunday Roller.
    Posted by GELDY
    Ya do realise you'll be on Page 6 by then?, at least 3 diaries will have came & went, Gary & Dev "might" have come back, Rancids kids will have eaten the dog, Jinglema will STILL be 3 x betting light & the RNG will still not be fixed?? ;-(
  • edited September 2012

naughty, naughty, naughty - played some cash when I said I wouldn't

it was happy hour, so I thought maybe some c4p would be useful (although not sure I can earn £1500 through c4p in the next two weeks!). But stayed controlled, i.e. just 2xNL20, and made the best part of a bi. Best hand was calling a raise in position with Axs, flopping the bottom straight with the nut flush draw, and being led into on flop and turn. Shame he didn't hit his flush!

lol Glenelg - might have to bump the old thread a couple of times to stopped it being swallowed without trace. Shame about Rancid's dog though.
  • edited September 2012
    hopefully you can pull it back.
  • edited September 2012
    ying & yang

spotted another behavioural leak tonight. Only had an hour or so to play, but I entered the main BH regardless. Rationale was that it is a fast paced tournament (as you spotted tonight Dazler - play Monday's instead if you prefer it slower) and a Bounty Hunter. So have fun, play ultra aggressive, and if lucky the bounties will come a flowing and make up for the fact you will not have time to hang around to cash.

The downside is that when your river reraise allin to rep the AQ (trips) gets called by the KK you end up with only 30 chips left - on the first hand you play.

The upside was it meant I had some time to play cash instead. Fired up 2xMC NL50 (£100bi) (I know Arkham, I know - I don't deserve your good wishes eh!), and then the TV Action table NL30 when it was announced it would be shown on the show. You may have seen my button 5bet aipf with AQ into AA. The AA held.

Fortunately my 99 flopping second set > JJ overpair to win a bi at one of the MC50 tables paid for my various indiscretions with change.

Congrats to dev for meeting his challenge - a true grind hero. Probably good that we never meet as he is clearly my antithesis - and we all know what happens when matter & anti-matter meet - e=mc squared. (although seriously would love to buy you a drink - but won't be down in devon anytime soon).

• edited September 2012
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £1000 - one month - double or quits - latest £576:
    ying & yang spotted another behavioural leak tonight. Only had an hour or so to play, but I entered the main BH regardless. Rationale was that it is a fast paced tournament (as you spotted tonight Dazler - play Monday's instead if you prefer it slower) and a Bounty Hunter. So have fun, play ultra aggressive, and if lucky the bounties will come a flowing and make up for the fact you will not have time to hang around to cash. The downside is that when your river reraise allin to rep the AQ (trips) gets called by the KK you end up with only 30 chips left - on the first hand you play. The upside was it meant I had some time to play cash instead. Fired up 2xMC NL50 (£100bi) (I know Arkham, I know - I don't deserve your good wishes eh!), and then the TV Action table NL30 when it was announced it would be shown on the show. You may have seen my button 5bet aipf with AQ into AA. The AA held. Fortunately my 99 flopping second set /> JJ overpair to win a bi at one of the MC50 tables paid for my various indiscretions with change. Congrats to dev for meeting his challenge - a true grind hero. Probably good that we never meet as he is clearly my antithesis - and we all know what happens when matter & anti-matter meet - e=mc squared. (although seriously would love to buy you a drink - but won't be down in devon anytime soon).
    Posted by GELDY[/QUOTE
    ]

ty my friend,

best wishes
    ian
  • edited September 2012
    Ya do realise you'll be on Page 6 by then?, at least 3 diaries will have came & went, Gary & Dev "might" have come back, Rancids kids will have eaten the dog, Jinglema will STILL be 3 x betting light & the RNG will still not be fixed?? ;-(
    Posted by Glenelg
    page 8 actually even with a couple of bumps, but your other predictions seem spot on.

• edited September 2012

So 10 day break over - one week to go.

OK, some of you will have noticed I managed to sneak in a fews games over the week. But always shortish sessions where I wouldn't be able to play a whole tournament. Didn't stop me late regging into a few BHs though, and trying to make enough from the Bounties to make up for the lack of time for the cash. Did OK a couple of times but still a clear leak, particularly at the £22bi. Played some NL30/NL50 at the same which covered the losses with a little change.

That leaves me until next Sunday to treble up. No time to try to grind it back, as I work full time, so it'll be on a wing & a prayer. 

Of course it doesn't help that every diarist (with the possible exception of Lambert) has been on a tremendous heater last week. Not to say I would have done the same, but maybe there was something in the air.

Anyway, here goes......
  • edited October 2012
    so progress report

played various afternoon tournies - mixed results. Worst thing was running deep in one and missing my chance to have a snooze between 5 & 7pm. Satted into the 7pm £110bi 5k BH semi, but no luck. Played a direct sat for it and bubbled.

Feeling increasingly poorly - the flu maybe - but had satted into the roller a couple of weeks ago so had to play it. Really enjoyed it - was on a table with MRBURNS4 (well done on your 11th place, after your 1st the night before) and Bearlyther was on my immediate left, and some other regs. So it was all a little bit touchy feely but very interesting watching the dynamic. Started well but ran into a dry patch, which ended with my hail mary call of a reshove allin. my nut flush draw missed, his two pairs held.

Then went through a weird period where I couldn't keep track of what was happening on my various tables - ended up trying to bluff a big pot in the Thurs BH semi despite being chip leader at the time. (what a waste - especially as I had had to river a straight with AK>AA to get there).

Had umm-ed & aah-ed about buying in direct into the 5k BH. Given the way I was feeling thought it would be best not to.

But then again, as today was going to be my only big day playing for the rest of my challenge I decided I had no choice. At that stage my BR was down to £400.

Lucky for me I did. Managed to duck & dive into the cash. Must admit I played the bubble very conservatively. Not my usual style but I really wanted a decent cash in this challenge for once. Even folded AKs to a 3bet shove allin. Having cashed I was more than happy to shove my QQ - right into KK. Did my eyes light up when I saw that Q on the board. Always in the bottom half in chip count though, but managed to keep it going onto the final table. Eventually out in 5th when my 99 < AJ runner runner flush. No complaints though after that QQ > KK hand. Cashed another £10bi BH that I played to keep the 5k company.

So its almost back to the starting point - let's see what the rest of the week brings.

• edited October 2012
    forgot to mention - no cash

decided it would be foolish to play cash given I wasn't feeling that good, so I stuck to the MTTs.

but after writing my update I was still pumped up after the 5k BH cash so I thought - why not - let's play a little cash.

so I played a right mix of tables from NL30 to NL50/50 action. Not for choice, but Bearlyther was on every single NL50 table bar one - which I therefore played. Guess this is the downside of the Kings Cash promo, that many of the good players will be playing NL50, as it is at the top of the middle band.

Anyway, clearly tonight is my night, and £87 at cash now takes me to fractionally up for the challenge.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £1000/1month/ double or quits - now £636 so it's one week to triple or quits:
    So 10 day break over - one week to go. OK, some of you will have noticed I managed to sneak in a fews games over the week. But always shortish sessions where I wouldn't be able to play a whole tournament. Didn't stop me late regging into a few BHs though, and trying to make enough from the Bounties to make up for the lack of time for the cash. Did OK a couple of times but still a clear leak, particularly at the £22bi. Played some NL30/NL50 at the same which covered the losses with a little change. That leaves me until next Sunday to treble up. No time to try to grind it back, as I work full time, so it'll be on a wing & a prayer.  Of course it doesn't help that every diarist (with the possible exception of Lambert) has been on a tremendous heater last week. Not to say I would have done the same, but maybe there was something in the air. Anyway, here goes......
    Posted by GELDY
    Thanks for the rubdown there Geldy lol. Yeah I was having a bit of trouble for a couple of sessions, but I turned it all round before the end of the month :)
  • edited October 2012
    so I see Lambert - & long may it continue.

late regged into main & mini. 1st hand mini KK < 77 on the flop. main went better, picked up a few bounties & a min cash.  min cashed also in the 8:30BH.

chose not to play the 9pm BH as too tired, but did sat into the 10pm £22bi £1,000BH. Doing very nicely too until I called Bambam's shove. His AA held. Poor call by me - that leak of playing when too tired again.... And after his win last night in the Super Roller it's not as if he needs any charity. It's a nice tourney that one - doesn't last too long - couple of hours, has a good showing of regs, and some prizes worth winning.

Played the 10pm semi into the Thurs BH again. Only 10 players which isn't my preference at all. It also meant that we were still deep stacked when we got to the bubble, which therefore lasted ages. Good practice for 3-handed play though which historically I haven't been any good at, but I seem to be learning, and eventually my KK held to win the seat.

played 3x NL40 to finish off with. Cash was a wash, tourneys a small +ve, and still a lot to do.

• edited October 2012
    A miscalculation - looking forward to Sunday night's finale to this challenge - but just realised I won't be able to play on Sunday, or Saturday, or even much on Friday. So basically just 3.5 nights to go.

Just played the TV tables, and survived the experience with a small cash. Tempted to play a bit of cash tonight as it seems to be the thing to do this month (not that I'm going to be anywhere near the leaderboard - and won't be trying to either - leave that to the grinders, and there does seem to be some total nutters out there from that respect - you know who you are, Rancid, IDCU, TINTIN, Bearlyther etc etc - PS that was meant to be a compliment)

Just started the Open, and been shoved into on a A9x 2hearts flop. I called.

He showed 99, but unfortunately for him I had AA. Hope it's a sign of a good night to come.

gl all

• edited October 2012
    out the main in 42/232
    out the mini in 82/344
    close but no cigar

with only a few days left and still a lot to make to meet my challenge it was time to throw caution to the wind. Fire up the Mastercash tables with full buyins for the 11pm TV-***** fest, all the way up to NL200. So 6xMC and the £1k 10pm BH £22bi that I was playing. An hour of frenzied cash action, and playing with the big boys, and I was reasonable happy with the way I played. And cash was a wash - NOT. Well it was all except that one hand when I didn't believe he had flopped the nut flush Shame it was at NL200. And then it was shown to the world on 861. And the oppo played it badly, according to Carlo, but still managed to get most of my cash in a £733 pot. At least he didn't say I played it badly.....

After my nice words about the 10pm BH last night it was gracious enough to let me cash tonight. Shame my AK aipf hitting the 2nd nut flush lost out to a big stacks call with A5 nut flush - he had to call after his initial raise. Still I'll take the cash and pleased I wasn't tempted to try to ladder but go for the win, and 9/82 ain't bad against the quality of player in that tourney, if I say so myself.

So down a couple of hundred after an action packed session - but you have to spin it to win it - and that brings risks as well as rewards. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Someone who believes in such things can you pray to the poker gods for me.

and in the meantime gl with the grinding you kings of cash.

• edited October 2012
    good luck - ya gonna need it !

Just go for the big spin up - 8 x NL100

CMON CMON !!
  • edited October 2012
    OK - so I played a bit more cash tonight & it was NL30 & NL50, not quite ready yet for your suggested blitz - maybe wait for Friday evening for that. Anyway every £72 helps
  • edited October 2012
    MTTs ran deep in a few but no cashes - out the main 84/233 with my Ax called by the big stacks' KJo ho hum - out the 10pm BH with JJ < 24o - but I was the short stack and it was a Bounty Hunter. Bubbled a few sats but bought in anyway. 7/36 at PLO8.

So following Rancid's recomendation I fired up 8xNL100 during happy hour
    and spent a thrilling hour battling it out with the regs
    and ended up flat - hoorah

ok - so I exaggerate

it was actually 6xNL50 but compared to my BR it's almost the same thing - and 4 tables is normally the max I can play. Also discovered I can't get drunk while playing 6x cash - there's no time to pick up the drink while racing the mouse around the tables.

Fortunately I didn't lose any money - but didn't make any either
    c4p now 1044 so at least I've made it to the Kings of cash freeroll. £500 for taking it down would help a lot.

2 nights to go, feel this challenge is slipping away from me, but not prepared to roll over yet. It is double or quits - wimping out is not an option.

• edited October 2012
    OK OK OK
    I know I shouldn't have, but I decided to start putting plan R/cid into action.
    2 x NL100
    on the one table TommyD, Scotty77, sikas et al
    and on the other, an action table with a bunch of nobodys (to me at least)

all I can say is thank goodness for the TommyD table - tough but fair, and I ground my way to a 1/2 bi profit (thanks guys - I guess you took pity on me)
    the other was as nutty as a fruitcake - was over-shoved aipf by 33 vs my AQ (called - took notes) - same again by KQo & QJo vs my AK - the board made a straight - and my exit hand - AJ on a KJJ flop - his 88 hits an 8 on the turn - sigh.
  • edited October 2012
    just noticed c4p now 1128 - seem to get quite a few playing NL100
  • edited October 2012
    WHat are you going to do with 1 day left if you havent made it? Go High HU stakes? lol
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £1000/1month/double or quits - £568 with 2 days left:
    WHat are you going to do with 1 day left if you havent made it? Go High HU stakes? lol
    Posted by shaun09
    So what would you do - a challenge is a challenge - and everyone loves car crash tv - don't they?

anyway, have decided I don't want to fizzle out tomorrow in a short session, so it's all going in tonight. I reckon I can donk off half of it in tournie entries, and then spin the rest at cash. Not sure I'll need to play HUs, on my present form that won't be needed.
  • edited October 2012
    so out the 5k Roller semi, and frenzy near the bubble. But bought into the 5k BH direct anyway.

if you had one night of poker and needed to spin £568 up to £2000, what would you do? 1 big tourny & concentrate, as many as possible - quantity over quality, or cash only, or ....

all ideas greatfully received - not long left!