You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1000/1month/double or quits - IT'S ALL OVER

13»

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Im not sure. If it wa slife or death and only had a few hours left id sit with a large chunk of it on a cash table. GL man, might come watch
  • edited October 2012
  • edited October 2012
    damn - I knew someone would say cash - but I want to play MTTs - I only play cash to help pay for it.......ah - point made.

Anyway - maybe my luck is changing, I've just luckboxed the £3 allin sat for the £110bi £5k roller - woohoo
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £1000/1month/double or quits - £568 - WHAT WOULD YOU DO?:
    so out the 5k Roller semi, and frenzy near the bubble. But bought into the 5k BH direct anyway. if you had one night of poker and needed to spin £568 up to £2000, what would you do? 1 big tourny & concentrate, as many as possible - quantity over quality, or cash only, or .... all ideas greatfully received - not long left!
    Posted by GELDY
    depends on how £568 affects you.  its still a lot of money and just because you have a challenege doesn't mean that you have to be rash with it just to hit a target.  

you can still play a lot of poker with that money, a couple of weeks of main events basically,  no need to do something wild.  

but if you fancy a spin then the cash tables have been quite lively lately on 1/2 1/3 and 2/5 so you will have no problem getting action and more importantly getting all of the virtual betting disks in the middle.

good luck whatever you decide :)
  • edited October 2012
    thanks ryan for your thoughts

played cash during the Mastercash hour, no TV action and down about a tenner, having the likes of Bearlyther on my tables keeping the pots high.

Sky Roller had a big hand AKs > QQ aipf, his Q being my suit vul
    Then gave it all back and some with trips J kicker vs A kicker
    anyway made it back to the middle of the field so everything still to play for
  • edited October 2012
    Good luck Geldy, go and take this MTT down and you'll have turned it all round!! What a finish that would be.
  • edited October 2012
    thks Lambert - wouldn't it be good. Still there 14/37 of the 63 starters.
    out the main
    min cash in the mini
    20/50 in the 10pm 1500BH
    4x money in a £10 60min timed
    and out of all the other BHs I entered

• edited October 2012
    had a car crash in the roller and was 24/24, but have hung on in there and now 13/15
    out the 10pm in 26/98 - tangled in a 3-way pot which the two big stacks kept betting - eventually laid down the winning hand - sigh.
    Played a £750BH and was aipf vs a hand i dominated - which hit - left me with 160 chips - spun it back up to 1500 but eventually went out 77<AT aipf.
    Played some cash - NL100 & action 50 - made a small amount but wasn't feeling good - so have given up on that - no point playing with the TommyD's of the world if you aren't on form (assuming there is ever a good time to play them).
    So - one MTT in play - at least it is the Sky Roller.......

• edited October 2012
    out of the roller in 10th - 8th paid £315, the winner £1890
    ran my Ax on the button into the BB with KK
    doubled up my micro stack with a strgt, but then my Axs was taken down by 94o SB vs BB

I was intending to play cash with the leftovers - but as mentioned above not actually feeling that good, and don't think my playing just for the sake of it would be a smart idea.

So here we draw the line

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Result = Fail
    But has it achieved the reasons for doing it in the first place = Yes
    Will update further once I have had time to reflect on the month

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS with c4p of 1473 month-to-date, and the c4p from the challenge period last month - final balance = £513, a net loss over the period of £487

gl to all you other challenge diarists, I now know how it feels.....

• edited October 2012
    Ah, sorry to hear Geld..

Was fun sweating with you!!

Onwards and upwards

xx
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £1000/1month/double or quits - IT'S ALL OVER:
    Ah, sorry to hear Geld.. Was fun sweating with you!! Onwards and upwards xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Thank you Irene, most appreciated
  • edited October 2012
    Sick thread tbf. WP for knowing when to stop. 
  • edited October 2012
    A very enjoyable thread Geldy, better to have lived one day as a Lion and all that......

Looking forward to your next adventure when you are feeling recharged.
  • edited October 2012
    UL G.  It's been a fun read.
  • edited October 2012
    Unlucky, a brave effort, you've earned my respect for giving it a really good go.
  • edited October 2012

great read and great effort mate.
    not to many players would even attempt what you have just done...

THERE'S ALWAYS A NEXT TIME.....

BEST WISHES GELDY

(* *)
       ^
    dev
    ps,welcome to the club!!!   lol
  • edited October 2012
    thanks guys

meanwhile I seem to have made it to #47 in the mid-cash leaderboard, just from the fooling about on cash for my challenge - and #75 for the high stakes - lol - and I have some illustrious company from the other #47s.  Expect when I play again next week to have disappeared totally from the list. 

47SPLASHIESGELDYGERRARD9
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £1000/1month/double or quits - IT'S ALL OVER:
    thanks guys meanwhile I seem to have made it to #47 in the mid-cash leaderboard, just from the fooling about on cash for my challenge - and #75 for the high stakes - lol - and I have some illustrious company from the other #47s.  Expect when I play again next week to have disappeared totally from the list.  47 SPLASHIES GELDY GERRARD9
    Posted by GELDY
    UL _ Love the the thread tho and your crazy BRM challenges like the Vegas one as well. I,m sure you,ll be soon back tho 
    GL