You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

think im gonna leave this site

2»

Comments

• edited September 2012

@ Percival - Yeh I kind of agree with you, especially as a recreational player. My point was more about long-term, say you were playing for a living (I know IDCU isn't obv), then 34 BIs for MTTs is just not even close to being enough, especially when he plays speed tournies and rebuys. So as a recreational player, you can ignore the whole long-term security IF you're willing to accept the fact that sometimes with this kinda bad BRM, you're gonna runbad and it's gonna hurt. Winning £150 for 1st is great when your roll is only £50, but you're gonna eventually not cash 10+ times in a row at some point. If you can do that without crying about it and saying the site is rigged and you're leaving, then great, have some fun and enjoy it. If you can't play smaller stakes :)

@ Donk - Thanks for the input on my game Donk lol, I don't this to turn into a slanging match, I was just trying to give you some advice. The fact is, Sharkscope says what you played and it wasn't just £5 MTTs as you well know. Ultimately, the people who take poker seriously generally want it to have a positive impact on their life, for some that's just getting alot of enjoyment for a small outlay but for a lot it is about making some money, whether it's as a side income, or playing for a living or whatever. This is just IMO, but to me, part of being a good player is about decisions on AND off the table. There's no good saying 'yeah I'm the best snooker player in the world.... but yeah I only bring my A game 10% of the time, the rest of the time I'm rubbish'.

Which player is better off, not just financially, but in terms of enjoyment and not getting upset about the game? The player who gets to play his hobby every night without taking huge risk and gradually makes £100 a month (not saying I do this)? Or the player who is constantly taking big risks, sometimes spins up his £50, but then donks all the winnings off, get's raelly upset about it, and then starts again next month? IMO, the only people who enjoy these massive ups and downs, are people who have a problem... which Rancid and many others (including me) pointed out on thread recently about your trip to the bookies which you have literally 100% ignored.

Good BRM does not help you win at poker, it just enables winning players to stick around long enough to let variance even out, so I have no problem with being a supernit with my BRM but I'm a winning player because I'm better than the people I play against.

• edited September 2012
    Steve,
    i'll give you my humble true opinion.

ask yourself,why are you playing poker?

is it 4 fun or to try and make some money?

if it,s for fun,fine, you've had a bad day,we all get them.get over it.

if it,s to try and make some money,then the GOLDEN RULE is b/roll management.

yes you have to be able to play poker too,that helps,but it all counts for jack if you can't keep it.

a friend,
    :)
    dev

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: think im gonna leave this site:
    Steve, i'll give you my humble true opinion. ask yourself,why are you playing poker? is it 4 fun or to try and make some money? if it,s for fun,fine, you've had a bad day,we all get them.get over it. if it,s to try and make some money,then the GOLDEN RULE is b/roll management. yes you have to be able to play poker too,that helps,but it all counts for jack if you can't keep it. a friend, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    +1

Said it to you privately Steve, your total disregard for BRM is just stupid if you can't afford to lose the money you're playing with.

I reckon it's time to start using some kinda brm rules, or stop playing altogether until you can afford to lose.

It's too easy to say "I don't do brm. I try and spin up or bust" And then claim to be a good player who loves the game. 

Need to sort it out son.............
  • edited September 2012
    Another thing.....

With your SS graph, how can you only have £20.00 in your account?
  • edited September 2012
    HAHA DONK GOT DONKED
  • edited September 2012
    Another thing..... With your SS graph, how can you only have £20.00 in your account?
    Posted by Slykllist
    According to sharkscope you are up £7,530.
  • edited September 2012
    you hold yourself in such hi regard at being a good poker player yet your losing! hows that work? We all think we are fairly good players or we wouldnt play poker, its a game you always keep learning lessons from, but the amount of times you said you were gonna leave and havnt or you have bust, i dont think you are learning. And thats fine have fun with it but why post im leaving its all gone terribly wrong ect. Nothing wrong with having a moan at a bad run ect we all go through it. You post up when it all goes wrong people try and give you advice and then you ignore it and say well i know im a good poker player and then continue on your merry way lol. I think the one thing you need to learn above all else is how to deal with tilt when you do go on a losing streak. BR management well thats upto you, its your money but if you did have that under control then you wouldnt tilt so much and you would hit 2 birds with one stone and not make posts like this. I understand how tilt works and feel for ya i do but DC come on m8 chin up deal with it move on and get your head back in the game GL m8 :)

How can you be even be on tilt if you are 7k up your stats are great and shows you are a good player so i dont understand really why you post these! So how have you gone bust so many times im confused!!!!!!! are you posting these for attention or what?
  • edited September 2012
    Because he's not up 7k. I'm not trying to be nasty but just pointing it out for people who don't know, SS does not include rebuys/addons. IDCU loves to play frenzies, so when you play a £2 frenzy into a £20 event, and cash it shows £18 profit, but you may have rebought 5 times to get there so it aint £18 profit.

From what I've seen, he's almost definitely a winning player at MTTs (despite his horrible play against you in that hand Dazler lol), not as much as SS says, but I'm sure he's a winner at MTTs... problem is, he's just a big tilt monster.

I understand the hunger to play bigger games because the rewards are bigger, but you have to go into it knowing the risks are also bigger, so you only have yourself to blame if variance smacks you in the face.
  • edited September 2012
    Because he's not up 7k. I'm not trying to be nasty but just pointing it out for people who don't know, SS does not include rebuys/addons. IDCU loves to play frenzies, so when you play a £2 frenzy into a £20 event, and cash it shows £18 profit, but you may have rebought 5 times to get there so it aint £18 profit. From what I've seen, he's almost definitely a winning player at MTTs (despite his horrible play against you in that hand Dazler lol), not as much as SS says, but I'm sure he's a winner at MTTs... problem is, he's just a big tilt monster. I understand the hunger to play bigger games because the rewards are bigger, but you have to go into it knowing the risks are also bigger, so you only have yourself to blame if variance smacks you in the face.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Also times he rebuys and loses it only shows -1 buy in, when often it will be 3/4/5/6.

Not convinced u can make money playing them myself. He swears by em tho so who knows. 
  • edited September 2012
    Come on now lads--- we all know donkIcallu is a gambler--- do we go to the bookies and think---"now---I have 700 quid, so 5% of that is 35 quid, I'll put 30 on horses and a fiver on silly games"----- A gamblers bankroll does not exist, every piece of money in the whole world is gambling money. 

Bankroll managment---LOL---- Give it a rest--- wrong angle innit !

• edited September 2012
    m8,please read over this post you sent me a couple of months back about your attitude to the game.Think you should be usinthis as a template.
    Best wishes bud
    Paul
    real life sure does suck m8 nice post my grandad passed away 2 years ago and my nan :( and my dad had a stroke and is really ill been  in a nursing home for over 2 years now  i suffer with depression alot from this as it feels like some 1 has ripped my guts out the last few years have been hard so try n find something i enjoy and poker is that i used to let it get to me like u when i lose get tilted but now i think its just a game put a deposit on now n then and not fussed if i lose i enjoy the game so i will carry on playing it tbh it blocks out all the stuff in my head when i play if i do nothing i am thinking all the time and get down where as when i play poker my mind is active at end of day its only money real life n family is far more important i never opened up before on the forums but reading this has made me feel why not if u ever need a chat paul pm me and good luck at the tables 1 day i will be happy in life poker just takes the edge away from reality life 
  • edited September 2012
    Shame they aint giving a seat in Top of the Posts for the BBV section...sigh
  • edited September 2012

In summary.

IDONK has gone off the rails,  tilted his roll away, then kicked off slagging off lambert and oynutter for being small stakes players (even though they win).

Lambert posts great advice.

IDNOK ignores.

And in 3 months time an almost exact replica of this thread will be made. 

Spinning £50 into £400 + is great n all,  but like lambert said,  who's happier ?  Him gradually making proffit week in week out, with a sturdy bankroll at the end of every month.  Or you, spinnig money up (Yes, that feels great)  but then IDONKING it all off, and suffering massive lows,   kicking off on the forum, and generally being a horrible person to be around (i imagine, as this is the case for most losing gamblers) for family and friends because you are in a bad mood.

• edited September 2012
    i swear by frenzys coz i have made a deposit of £20 and spun it upto over £300 4 times this year manily by playing frenzys but cant tell u the secret or every 1 would be playing them 
  • edited September 2012
    thanks bignoise pal yeah read that again and does cheer me up its not all about poker its stuff in reality aswell your right 1267 i am a pain i appologise for being out of order to any 1 i have upset only player i really speak to alot is dohhhhh a gd m8 may i add told him about my life story so like to think he understands what i been thru i know we all go hru stuff in life and i play poker for a escape from reality i love poker ya could say im poker mad norm play 12 hrs a day watch alot each day aswell sorry if i am rude just passionate about the game 
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Donk life can be horrid at times and effects us all ive lost 2 very good friends this year at very young ages ive been out of work and pretty much its been really bad year. Poker is something we love and keeps our mind off bad things that we want to forget, but it can also play with our emotions too if we lose money especialy if we cant afford to lose it and that mixed with the bad things going on in our life can bring out the worst in people. You seem like a really nice guy and i think most of us realise your a loverble piluck :) I dont think lambert or anyone else has been insulted really and know your just in the wrong frame of mind. We are regulars on this forum and chat on a daily basis because we all have the same things in common when it comes to poker and we cheer each other up and have a good banter which is why we come here and the forum is a great place to be at times. Just remember if your in a bad mood then people around you will become in a bad mood also and make you feel even worse, so try and stay positive and people around you will be positive and make you feel better. Take peoples advice listen and learn and you will be the better for it. I see you posted an appology in GC and that says you do listen and understand that you posted while in the wrong frame of mind and thats a positive thing already. As you said you can spin it back up to a decent br but remember thats not all that matters! what matters is you enjoy life as much as possible and if you want to enjoy poker dont let it get you down when you are on a losing streak it happens the same as ups and downs in life.

Gl to you bud chin up and have fun :)

Daz
  • edited September 2012
    thanks dazler a nice post ya right  more to ife then poker  

good luck at the tables 
  • edited September 2012
    thanks bignoise pal yeah read that again and does cheer me up its not all about poker its stuff in reality aswell your right 1267 i am a pain i appologise for being out of order to any 1 i have upset only player i really speak to alot is dohhhhh a gd m8 may i add told him about my life story so like to think he understands what i been thru i know we all go hru stuff in life and i play poker for a escape from reality i love poker ya could say im poker mad norm play 12 hrs a day watch alot each day aswell sorry if i am rude just passionate about the game 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    No worries.
    Just try and keep your poker anger away from your real life,  the last thing you want is to be upset/angry all the time around friends and family you see often,   getting angry on here isn't such a big deal because i'm sure nearly everyone will get over it.
    Try and enjoy poker !
    GL
  • edited September 2012

Ok ... so Dazlers post sums it up better.  gg

• edited September 2012
    Couple of points... 1) Don't play £5 tourneys with £170, it's not enough. People can say it is, but plain and simple if you don't wanna bust/tilt/cry about bad beats, then it's not. 2) Are there even enough £5 tournies in 1 day on Sky to go from £170 down to £20?? Or were you palying rebuys? I suspect there aint, and you were playing way out of your BR... again. 3) You're not a bad player Donk, but you seriously need help with the entire mental side of game, dealing with variance, BRM etc etc.
    Posted by Lambert180

170 plying fiver mtts is mre thn enough ! there is no value in 2 quid tournies
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: think im gonna leave this site : 170 plying fiver mtts is mre thn enough ! there is no value in 2 quid tournies
    Posted by samboram45
    agree and disagree there is value in 2 quid tornys.
  • edited September 2012
    I usually AM the value in 2 quid tourneys *grumble*
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: think im gonna leave this site : 170 plying fiver mtts is mre thn enough ! there is no value in 2 quid tournies
    Posted by samboram45
    I did follow up after saying that, making the point that it was meant in the sense that it's absolutely fine playing £5s with £170 if you're playing for fun and don't mind taking a bit of a risk, because every single MTT player, regardless of skill will at some point enter 10 MTTs in a row and not cash in any, and easily more than 10 in a row sometimes, especially when they're speed tournies (which Donk likes) which are higher variance. So if you're ok with the fact you can lose £50-£60 and it just be unavoidable sometimes, maybe even more cos he plays rebuys, then that's absolutely fine. But if playing at them stakes causes you to do what happened here (the rant) then it's too big.

As Dazler said recently, in short, if losing really hurts then you're playing too high. 

As for the second bit, there is definitely value in £2 MTTs... why is there any less value in a £2 one than a £5 one? Does no-one play the DTD on Mondays, 2 x £2.20 and 1 x £1.10, which generally have £50 and £100 up top. There is definite value in low stakes, but it's a real grind, as are all MTTs really. People just think bigger ones are less of a grind cos they get that big win for £300, and forget all the times they didn't cash and lost £10. Whatever stakes, if you just play MTTs it's always gonna be a real grind.

Btw, GaryQQQ just finished a thread when he built up £1000, mostly from small stakes MTTs.
  • edited September 2012
    Hi IDCU

Saw your apology first and now see what prompted it.
    I've only been playing poker and on site but feel part of it now.
    I can honestly see how cheesed you are mate and it takes a man to apologise but you must also look at yourself and take action to try to ensure this path isn't walked again. You aren't happy at the mo so think now and plan for change. Ask yourself:
    What can I do about it?
    What am I going to do about it?
    When am I going to start adopt the 'plan'?

This thread contains great , concerned advice which it is time to act upon. The people on it obviously care about you and want to help. Look ahead and ask yourself where you'd like to be in three months life-wise and plan for it today.
    There's a very true saying that:

IF YOU NEVER CHOOSE THEN YOU LIVE LIFE BY DEFAULT.

You can make a CHOICE and live in a more contented, less fraught way. All the best.....
  • edited September 2012
    HI IDCU

I've just seen that you've won 'The Boogie Woogie' league this afternoon so now that you're on a high....make that plan eh?
    many congrats...chuffed for you...