You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Multi-Tabling

edited September 2012 in Community Help & Advice
Anyone know any good PC/Laptop with a large monitor for multi-tabling at a normal speed. Speed being the issue here.
Any time i attempt more than 1 table, it just goes far to slow...
I have one of the most expensive PC's out there, so slightly confused as to why this happens

Comments

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Multi-Tabling:
    Anyone know any good PC/Laptop with a large monitor for multi-tabling at a normal speed. Speed being the issue here. Any time i attempt more than 1 table, it just goes far to slow... I have one of the most expensive PC's out there, so slightly confused as to why this happens
    Posted by Goosen
    I also suffer from the same problem, what could be causing it?

I hear people multi tabling up to 8 tables! How?
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Multi-Tabling:
    You should be fine up to 8 - 9 tables if you have a decent pc and internet connection. For me personally though once i try and go above 9 tables it starts lagging pretty bad. I can load up 12+ tables without any problems on 'stars though. I know a lot of people have a similar problem and SKY are in the process of creating new software to replace the garbage that already exists.  Having said that there must be a problem at your end as you shouldn't be experiencing any lag running 2 tables. 

• edited September 2012
    my pc is 10 years old and was of mid spec when i bought it stil running on XP and i can comfortably play 6 tables starts lagging at 7 + i run out of space on my monitor so don't bother. I would suggest it is a internet connection based problem if you have a new pc and are struggling.
  • edited September 2012
    pc spec?, how fast is your internet conec,? what backgroud progarms do you have running, clean up defrag drives etc, i can run 3 tables easy on my 2 y,o pc and my internets not that fast, 3 maybe more ? dont know my brain slows up at 3 lol..
  • edited September 2012
    my pc is 10 years old and was of mid spec when i bought it stil running on XP and i can comfortably play 6 tables starts lagging at 7 + i run out of space on my monitor so don't bother. I would suggest it is a internet connection based problem if you have a new pc and are struggling.
    Posted by jams88
    Blatant brag ^^^

Don't just go by up-load & down-load speeds on internet.Latency i.e. ping is very important imo
  • edited September 2012
    i was playing 6 tables with minimal lag on my old pc, which only had 1gb of ram and was using a really bad celeron processor and was 5 year old. i have now upgraded to a new unit which has 6gb ram and a i3 processor and im playing 12 tables without any problems, and my internet isnt the greatest either. just done a test and was only getting 4mb download speed.

if you are experiencing problems running 2 on a expensive machine, which i presume has a decent spec, then there must be some deep rooted issue with your system
  • edited September 2012
    I have a very good spec PC & my internet is 60mb so it isn't that.

Everything else runs fine on it.

On poker 770 I am able to run 12 tables without any hint of lag. Yet on skypoker if I run 2 it starts to lag.

Weird!
  • edited September 2012
    I have a very good spec PC & my internet is 60mb so it isn't that. Everything else runs fine on it. On poker 770 I am able to run 12 tables without any hint of lag. Yet on skypoker if I run 2 it starts to lag. Weird!
    Posted by yogibear19
    + 1.

Except I can play 20+ tables everywhere else except on Sky with their joke flash-based rubbish.
  • edited September 2012

6 weeks so far and no reply from Sky - see if we can get to 6 months like other threads in this HELP & ADVICE section :)