You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How much to 3bet in these spots.

2»

Comments

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: How much to 3bet in these spots.:
    we let these nice chaps come along with there KQ, and there AJ and there other nonsense and watch em stack off when they flop top pair 
    Posted by bolly580
    Exactly this
  • edited September 2012
    also this raise we are making wiht the AA should bt the exact same amount we raise to when were squeezing with our air.

and if flop comes like K22 or 722 oir like Q43 just bet like 10ner and watch one of em just  shove jam with there nonsense what missed if flop dry we shud never just be open jammin into it
  • edited September 2012
    also this raise we are making wiht the AA should bt the exact same amount we raise to when were squeezing with our air. and if flop comes like K22 or 722 oir like Q43 just bet like 10ner and watch one of em just  shove jam with there nonsense what missed if flop dry we shud never just be open jammin into it
    Posted by bolly580
    hah!
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: How much to 3bet in these spots. : hah!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    wel obv at 30/40nl no1 squuezes no more because heaven forbid some of the regs but a nice 3bet in without AQs +
  • edited September 2012
    OK well lets flip this on its head... Say I make it £7 and get called by all 3. We now have a £28 pot and £33 behind. What kind of flop do you not CBet on and if you we bet are we just shoving as any decent bets surely commit us.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    If it's easier for us to get stack in on flop then that is good for us
    + oppo's holding TP's/draws  will find it easier to pay us off
  • edited September 2012
    OK well lets flip this on its head... Say I make it £7 and get called by all 3. We now have a £28 pot and £33 behind. What kind of flop do you not CBet on and if you we bet are we just shoving as any decent bets surely commit us.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    no i would cbet like 1/4 pot
  • edited September 2012
  • edited September 2012
    also this raise we are making wiht the AA should bt the exact same amount we raise to when were squeezing with our air. 
    Posted by bolly580
    I do agree with you in this thread.. but this is a little far fetched :) i mean you it would be hard to show a profit squeezing light here. 
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: How much to 3bet in these spots. : I do agree with you in this thread.. but this is a little far fetched :) i mean you it would be hard to show a profit squeezing light here. 
    Posted by pr1nnyraid
    DARE TO DREAM
  • edited September 2012
    £7.40

4x the original raise oop + 80p

i think you need to bet whatever is likely to get at least a call from one of them. if not, you take the pot down uncontested. you don't want the pot multiway where you're gonna have to bet big with your bullets and could be smashed by one of them. make life easy, then if you get 1 caller/2 callers then it's not the end of the world
  • ybyb
    edited September 2012
    £7.40 4x the original raise oop + 80p i think you need to bet whatever is likely to get at least a call from one of them. if not, you take the pot down uncontested. you don't want the pot multiway where you're gonna have to bet big with your bullets and could be smashed by one of them. make life easy, then if you get 1 caller/2 callers then it's not the end of the world
    Posted by Pipunch
    well i'd much rather be going multiway with AA than with other hands i decided to 3bet with
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: How much to 3bet in these spots. : well i'd much rather be going multiway with AA than with other hands i decided to 3bet with
    Posted by yb
    +1

Want to go multi-way with the nuts pre-flop.

You'll lose more often but win more ££ when the pots so big and people feel committed with their draws and TPTK/TPGKs
  • edited September 2012
    Love a nice multi way !
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: How much to 3bet in these spots. : +1 Want to go multi-way with the nuts pre-flop. You'll lose more often but win more ££ when the pots so big and people feel committed with their draws and TPTK/TPGKs
    Posted by Lambert180
    so then why do i see you posting so often about 'isolating' etc.

if you're happy to take the beats for the big pots then why don't you just slowplay aces every time? at NL4/8 you'll deffo get 4/5 callers by limping or min raising. then more people to hit draws etc and more money. same logic, no?
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: How much to 3bet in these spots. : so then why do i see you posting so often about 'isolating' etc. if you're happy to take the beats for the big pots then why don't you just slowplay aces every time? at NL4/8 you'll deffo get 4/5 callers by limping or min raising. then more people to hit draws etc and more money. same logic, no?
    Posted by Pipunch
    no becuase then the pot isn't big.....
  • edited September 2012
    Exactly as Jams said, I want the pot to be as big as possible with AA obv, so why would I slowplay it? I'm not suggesting FlashFlush 'slowplays' I'm just suggesting he doesn't make it SO big that he's only ever gonna get action in cooler situations. He wants to get calls from all these hands like 9Ts, KQo, AQ, 22-JJ (and tons more), all these hands that feel like they're priced in to call, but are still gonna be behind AA after the flop most of the time, and by which point, the pot will be so big that they'll commit with their FD, SD, TP etc etc, and we'll be getting the money in as a favourite which is all we want.

When I'm talking about isolating, it's generally about me isolating a weak player, knowing that I can win the pot most times by just c-betting. We don't really wanna win a pot with AA by just c-betting if the pot hasn't been built pre-flop, cos you're getting no value from it.

Also, slowplaying doesn't work so well against largely non-thinking opponents who don't see your feigned weakness, they're still just looking at their hand, although even against thinking players, it's generally better to just bet your hands. Slowplaying is over-rated.
  • edited September 2012
    it's generally better to just bet your hands. Slowplaying is over-rated.
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1 to this

The amount of times I slowplayed and got no value or slowplayed and got busted when I 1st started playing poker beggers belief lol

• edited September 2012
    This is why I try not to improve my game by partaking of the clinic too often, there are too many different correct answers ;o{
  • edited October 2012
    Correct way to play AA...limp UTG then shove :) end of discussion 
  • edited October 2012
    old skoooool bolly and face up yeah great :)
  • edited October 2012
    id make this about 7.50