You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A FINAL SUMMARY from devonfish5...22/9/12......up-dated.

edited September 2012 in Poker Chat
Amazing achievement and such a lovely gesture, well done!!
Hopefully you will continue running well as you deserve to, karma ftw x

Comments

• edited September 2012

dev's DYM grind...A FINAL SUMMARY

Hi all,

posted this up here,for anyone that might be interested.

where to begin...
    the beginning i guess.

Thursday 23/2/12  withdrew £400 from poker account to put towards a new pc (£580)
                               (so that i could play more tables,as old pc now only allows me to play 6 b4 lagging starts.)
    b/roll now £59.43

messing around playing cash elsewhere.(sorry SKY)

30'4/12 decided to start a £40 to £1000 DYM challenge.

1/5/12 b/roll £40.71  started my DYM challenge £40 to £1000 
                                   named it 'MISSION IMPOSSIBLE'

20/9/12 FINAL BANKROLL £1.069.18

profit made £1,028.47

number of days taken to finish; 143.
    number of days off; 9
    number of days played;134

best 3 wins...
                        1; 23/7/12 £51.05
                        2; 21/7/12 £47.25
                        3; 20/9/12 £45.60

worst 3 losses...
                         1;24/5/12 £129.50
                         2; 28/7/12 £83.65
                         3; 3/7/12 £54.50

c4p
           may £50.50
           june £72.85
            july £64.58
             aug £107.06
                    -----------
             total £294.99

21/9/12
                       my brother Mark(snugs1963) has a 13 yr old son called Lewis,who is a 'special needs' teenager.(i'm not allowed to call him 'a kid' anymore or he tells me off.  lols)
                       i have today withdrawn £500 from my poker account,and with it i intend to open up a building society account in Lewis' name so that he can have it on his 18th birthday.
    i have been to the building society this morning and collected the paper work.
    the money will be deposited as soon as the account is up and running,which will take several days to 'set-up'.)
    Lewis' dad,Mark has also said that he will be adding £250 to make it up to £750.
    i am hoping that once grandma,(my mum) here's about it,that she might also add £250 (which i'm confident she will ),making the total a nice round £1000.
    i decided i would be doing this several days ago.
    the inspiration behind this comes from fellow  sky poker player,(allegedly) lols,Paul (Bignoise10),
    after reading his heart warming blog about his 'wee man' it put my poker and everything else into perspective.
    winning a thousand pounds is great...
    giving £500 to someone you love and care about is special.
    it's not going to change his life or anything,and neither would i try to,but i'm sure that when the time comes,
    it will for a few moments anyway,help to change his day.

so,
    my b'roll is now standing at; £569.18

i will now, i think carry on grinding those £3 DYM's.... again,and hopefully soon get back up to the £1000 ....again.

hope you all enjoyed following my challenge,
     and can i say a BIG THANK YOU to every single person that took the time and effort to post on it.
    it really made 'the journey' so much fun for me, and when at times i was 'on a low' those posts really helped me get through it.

THIS CHALLENGE/GRIND IS DEDICATED TO JOHN CONNOR PAUL & LEWIS.

...and yes,it's been emotional x

ps; 22/9/12
         i've just got back from the building society,Lewis' account has been opened...

i am pleased to say that £500 has been deposited into it.

(if i was clever,like GaryQQQ for instance,i would be able to take a photo of Lewis' new bank book,
    and then be able to post it up here for you all to see.but as i am not you will just have to take my word for it,
    and i know that you all will.)

well that's all,i think.so i'll finish off & leave you all with this thought....

How would you like this to be remembered devonfish?

I would like this to be remembered as, a journey that we were all a part of,just for a short while,
    with the added bonus of 'a happy ending'.

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: A FINAL SUMMARY from devonfish5.:
    Amazing achievement and such a lovely gesture, well done!! Hopefully you will continue running well as you deserve to, karma ftw x
    Posted by MADMOO
    ty m8
    :)
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Hey Dev :-)

What can anyone say? Just a phenomenal achievement and you truly deserve all the accolades that have and will continue to come your way. And what a gesture with the winnings, superb! A true measure of the man which I don't think will surprise anyone that has been following your thread.

I know a lot of people have already said it's been the first thread they've opened every day over the last few months and I'm sure there's many more who haven't mentioned as well. Just a big thank you for including us all in your terrific journey, it's been some ride although the destination was never in doubt!

I hope from here, whatever you decide is your next challenge in poker, it brings you great happiness and success. You deserve that after all your hard work (and I know of course, first-hand, just how hard it can be mate). I also hope you remain just as active in the community (although I think we'l all forgive you a little break now :-)), you're one of the more recent shining lights around here.

So yeah, congratulations, thank you, all the best for the future etc etc Dev, you are definitely the master of this DYM challenge, vwp sir!

JC
  • ybyb
    edited September 2012
    unbelievable jeff!

great stuff, wp sir
  • edited September 2012
    Great work Devon. Not only an amazing acheivement in terms of profit, but a great sense of acheivement is gained from setting yourself a goal and putting in the hard work to get there. A great example of how good BRM, and hard work goes a long way in poker.

Very nice gesture for your nephew too.

Hope you continue to do well. You think you'll keep updating the diary now the challenge has finished or what?
  • edited September 2012
    Hey Dev :-) What can anyone say? Just a phenomenal achievement and you truly deserve all the accolades that have and will continue to come your way. And what a gesture with the winnings, superb! A true measure of the man which I don't think will surprise anyone that has been following your thread.   I know a lot of people have already said it's been the first thread they've opened every day over the last few months and I'm sure there's many more who haven't mentioned as well. Just a big thank you for including us all in your terrific journey, it's been some ride although the destination was never in doubt! I hope from here, whatever you decide is your next challenge in poker, it brings you great happiness and success. You deserve that after all your hard work (and I know of course, first-hand, just how hard it can be mate). I also hope you remain just as active in the community (although I think we'l all forgive you a little break now :-)), you're one of the more recent shining lights around here. So yeah, congratulations, thank you, all the best for the future etc etc Dev, you are definitely the master of this DYM challenge, vwp sir! JC
    Posted by JohnConnor
    thankyou JC,
    you know that you are my 'idol & inspiration' and the reason why i'm now 'into DYM's.'
    so thank you so much m8 for those very kind words,it means alot .

not sure if/when i'll be 'having another go' at those £5 tables,but should that day come,i will as always ,look forward to 'pitting my wits' against yourself and all the 'rest of the boys',& girls too,obviously.  lol
    best wishes,
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Devonfish

I've only been on the site a year or so but have been a keen reader as i've played against you a few times when you moved to £3/£5 dym's. Always knew you had your head screwed on and would eventually do it.
    After all thatt hard work which i must admit i could never do, i think its a lovely gesture with the savings account.
    You've gone up in my account and i no longer think you are a mafia hit guy!!!(that pic scaresme!)
    All the best and congrats....

PS What now?....you must have time to spare!!
  • edited September 2012
    very well done in your acheivement m8 and very nice gesture for your nephew

gl at the tables
  • edited September 2012
    amazing acheivement welldone sir that is some serious discipline and grinding deserve everything u get afer completing this challenge  well done sir whats next in the pipeline ?
  • edited September 2012
    Appreciate the mention m8.Been an outstandin achievment to reach that goal so quickly.Craackin gesture re the £500 to your nephews future,however I suspect you would have done that anyway regardless of my blog.From my short time on this site there's been very few people I've come across,on the tables or the forum that have been as well respected as your good self :)).Will continue to follow your progress next time round and who knows,we might actually get to play a game at the same table.
    Been a pleasure bud.
    Be good 
    Paul
    Ps thought after all that grindin,this might be an appropriate song lol.

• edited September 2012
    very well done sir ! unbelievable achivement ! all the best
  • edited September 2012
    Great read Dev.  Nice jesture too. Good luck @ the tables (altho you don't need it!) .
  • edited September 2012
    This thread has made my Friday. Congrats on completing your challenge and you deserve some positive poker karma for your gift to your nephew. All the best in your ongoing poker.
  • edited September 2012
    unbelievable jeff! great stuff, wp sir
    Posted by yb
    ty yb

dev
  • edited September 2012
    Wow.... Wow again.  Fantastic performance and amazing generosity.  Inspired 
  • edited September 2012
    Great work Devon. Not only an amazing acheivement in terms of profit, but a great sense of acheivement is gained from setting yourself a goal and putting in the hard work to get there. A great example of how good BRM, and hard work goes a long way in poker. Very nice gesture for your nephew too. Hope you continue to do well. You think you'll keep updating the diary now the challenge has finished or what?
    Posted by Lambert180
    hi Paul
    ty m8,

no  i think i've 'hogged' this gpc section enough tbh
    once i've thanked everone that posts here,then i'll give it a rest i think.
    i might post say once a week possibly, just to give an up-date on my progress.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Devonfish I've only been on the site a year or so but have been a keen reader as i've played against you a few times when you moved to £3/£5 dym's. Always knew you had your head screwed on and would eventually do it. After all thatt hard work which i must admit i could never do, i think its a lovely gesture with the savings account. You've gone up in my account and i no longer think you are a mafia hit guy!!!(that pic scaresme!) All the best and congrats.... PS What now?....you must have time to spare!!
    Posted by profman15
    ty m8
    yes,it's not the most flattering of pictures,is it.
    just more grinding m8, only £431 to go,then i'm back up to the £1000  lol
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Its nice to see 2 challenges completed so many challenges on here are never concluded and arnt taken too seriously like mine lol. But you did it mate and deservedly so, great idea for the winnings also. Giving is so good for the soul and if more people thought like you the world would be a better place. You had a plan you stuck to it and you didnt sqander the winnings and instead put it to good use with a new pc and a kind jesture. You da man Dev wd :)
  • edited September 2012
    very well done in your acheivement m8 and very nice gesture for your nephew gl at the tables
    Posted by liamboi11
    ty m8

dev
  • edited September 2012
    amazing acheivement welldone sir that is some serious discipline and grinding deserve everything u get afer completing this challenge  well done sir whats next in the pipeline ?
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    hi steve,
    ty m8
    more grinding m8.
    hope u r feeling a little like your ols self today.
    its tough sometimes mate,isn't it.
    be
     lucky
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Appreciate the mention m8.Been an outstandin achievment to reach that goal so quickly.Craackin gesture re the £500 to your nephews future,however I suspect you would have done that anyway regardless of my blog.From my short time on this site there's been very few people I've come across,on the tables or the forum that have been as well respected as your good self :)).Will continue to follow your progress next time round and who knows,we might actually get to play a game at the same table. Been a pleasure bud. Be good  Paul Ps thought after all that grindin,this might be an appropriate song lol. Cheers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-3seZSQ_Q&feature=related
    Posted by bignoise10
    ty Paul

nice to see 'EvilPingu' get such a starring role'  lol

best wishes m8.
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    very well done sir ! unbelievable achivement ! all the best
    Posted by samboram45
    ty m8

dev
  • edited September 2012
    Great read Dev.  Nice jesture too. Good luck @ the tables (altho you don't need it!) .
    Posted by Glenelg
    ty m8

i'll take it though.  lol

dev
  • edited September 2012
    This thread has made my Friday. Congrats on completing your challenge and you deserve some positive poker karma for your gift to your nephew. All the best in your ongoing poker.
    Posted by Mohican
    ty mo

dev
  • edited September 2012
    Wow.... Wow again.  Fantastic performance and amazing generosity.  Inspired 
    Posted by JockBMW
    ty Pete (i think)

sorry if i'm wrong

dev
  • edited September 2012
    Its nice to see 2 challenges completed so many challenges on here are never concluded and arnt taken too seriously like mine lol. But you did it mate and deservedly so, great idea for the winnings also. Giving is so good for the soul and if more people thought like you the world would be a better place. You had a plan you stuck to it and you didnt sqander the winnings and instead put it to good use with a new pc and a kind jesture. You da man Dev wd :)
    Posted by Dazler
    ty Dad,sorry Daz.

"what's the old saying 'it's better to give than to receive'"

be lucky
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    brill well done dude, honourable act.

RESPECT
  • edited September 2012
    HOW MANY HOURS DO YOU RECKON?
  • edited September 2012
    WD and good luck in the future enjoyed my few battles on the tables with you (steve)
  • edited September 2012
    brill well done dude, honourable act. RESPECT
    Posted by MITANDY117
    ty buddy

dev