You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A FINAL SUMMARY from devonfish5...22/9/12......up-dated.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Well done and a lovely gesture.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: A FINAL SUMMARY from devonfish5.:
    HOW MANY HOURS DO YOU RECKON?
    Posted by MITANDY117
    "too many"   lol

134 days,  say a min 3 hrs a day average...

about 400 hrs

that's about 17 days non stop playing 24 hrs a day.  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited September 2012

got to say thats a fantastic gesture you have made towards your nephew.

wishing you all the best in whatever you take on next

• edited September 2012
    got to say thats a fantastic gesture you have made towards your nephew. wishing you all the best in whatever you take on next
    Posted by TINTIN
    ty TINTIN

it's like DelBoy always says "it's only money bruv"  lol

cheers m8
    :)
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Ian,

Words fail me at this moment as my eyes are welling up with tears of happiness.

You are such an inspiration to me and many many others.

Hope you bought yourself a bottle of bubbles this morning! lol

Amazing achievement by an amazing gentleman, yes that's YOU!

I am beside myself with joy

Very very well done :) xx
  • edited September 2012
    Well done & a nice gesture, How ever you do realise that your about to go on the biggest down swing ever, as you have dared to withdraw money from your account haha :-)
  • edited September 2012
    Ian, Words fail me at this moment as my eyes are welling up with tears of happiness. You are such an inspiration to me and many many others. Hope you bought yourself a bottle of bubbles this morning! lol Amazing achievement by an amazing gentleman, yes that's YOU! I am beside myself with joy Very very well done :) xx
    Posted by yidette9
    thank you Lorraine,
    very nice words,
    i did say it was emotional,didn't i.
    iv'e been like that now,on & off for a few days myself.
    mind you,i'm just an 'old softie',i cry watching 'corrie' quite often.  lol
    i'm glad that you were 'here with me' at the finish.
    no,i didn't buy myself a bottle of bubbles,but i should have 3 bottles of lager still left in my fridge,that it unless my brother Mark has been in there again and pinched them...again.
    no i'm ok they are still there,just checked.
    i am definitely having a night off tonight ,so you never know i might even end up drinking all 3 and find myself waking up with a massive hang-over tomorrow morning.  lol
    haven't done that for a while. lol

best wishes Lorraine,
    "be good"  lol
    ian x
  • edited September 2012
    Very well done. Better to give than receive and what you never had you will never miss and it will make all the difference to the lad. Very well done again
  • edited September 2012
    Well done & a nice gesture, How ever you do realise that your about to go on the biggest down swing ever, as you have dared to withdraw money from your account haha :-)
    Posted by lucy4
    ha ha
    ty

i'm 1 step ahead of the game Lucy,

i just won't play anymore!!!  lols

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: A FINAL SUMMARY from devonfish5. : ty Pete (i think) sorry if i'm wrong :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5

No you're right ;o)

• edited September 2012
    Very well done. Better to give than receive and what you never had you will never miss and it will make all the difference to the lad. Very well done again
    Posted by wartic
    ty m8

that's just how i see it m8...very true.
    i never had that money a few weeks ago,did i.so how can i miss it.
    anyway,we all know i'm a grinder and it's only a matter of 'how long' it's going to take me to grind it back up again.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: A FINAL SUMMARY from devonfish5. : No you're right ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    aaaagh,i thought as much.   pheeew.
    still prefer a merc though.   lol
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Great result mate. 

Relax now and sit back and enjoy the cash.

Very well played. 
  • edited September 2012

Very well done Dev.

Top man you !!
  • edited September 2012
    Well done Dev, many of those DYMs (especially the more recent ones) also featured myself and I have to say I do try to avoid you wherever I can now! Great work this and going for a great cause. Was hoping you would stop the DYMs now though!
  • edited September 2012
    Great result mate.  Relax now and sit back and enjoy the cash. Very well played. 
    Posted by GreekWay
    ty m8

yes,night off tonight and a beer or 3.  lols

dev
  • edited September 2012
    Very well done Dev. Top man you !!
    Posted by FINS
    ty buddy

dev
  • edited September 2012
    Well done Dev, many of those DYMs (especially the more recent ones) also featured myself and I have to say I do try to avoid you wherever I can now! Great work this and going for a great cause. Was hoping you would stop the DYMs now though!
    Posted by BUFC
    ty BUFC

well i'm not there tonight....
    so enjoy. good luck.

dev
  • edited September 2012
    What a fantastic decision. You deserve full credit for being so generous. If there's any justice in this world the poker gods will allow you to win back that £500 with interest in quick time.

Once again congratulations on achieving such a superb feat.

All the silly low-stakes myths have now been blown out of the water. I've seen all of the following posted in this forum multiple times;

'2p/4p cash is full of terrible players, they don't respect your raises, they chase and they always hit, it's unbeatable' myth busted by TinTin

'DYMs aren't proper poker, there's no skill, the rake is almost unbeatable' myth destroyed by JonConnor and devonfish5

'low stakes Bounty Hunters are like bingo, you might as well play roulette, the 15% rake is unbeatable' myth busted by myself (nearly all the profit in my £51 to £1051 came from low stakes BHs)
  • edited September 2012
    What a fantastic decision. You deserve full credit for being so generous. If there's any justice in this world the poker gods will allow you to win back that £500 with interest in quick time. Once again congratulations on achieving such a superb feat. All the silly low-stakes myths have now been blown out of the water. I've seen all of the following posted in this forum multiple times; '2p/4p cash is full of terrible players, they don't respect your raises, they chase and they always hit, it's unbeatable' myth busted by TinTin 'DYMs aren't proper poker, there's no skill, the rake is almost unbeatable' myth destroyed by JonConnor and devonfish5 'low stakes Bounty Hunters are like bingo, you might as well play roulette, the 15% rake is unbeatable' myth busted by myself (nearly all the profit in my £51 to £1051 came from low stakes BHs)
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Great post Gary... I believe that if you are a good player you can beat the micro/low stakes. 

Everything else is  just excuses by bad players...
  • edited September 2012
    What a fantastic decision. You deserve full credit for being so generous. If there's any justice in this world the poker gods will allow you to win back that £500 with interest in quick time. Once again congratulations on achieving such a superb feat. All the silly low-stakes myths have now been blown out of the water. I've seen all of the following posted in this forum multiple times; '2p/4p cash is full of terrible players, they don't respect your raises, they chase and they always hit, it's unbeatable' myth busted by TinTin 'DYMs aren't proper poker, there's no skill, the rake is almost unbeatable' myth destroyed by JonConnor and devonfish5 'low stakes Bounty Hunters are like bingo, you might as well play roulette, the 15% rake is unbeatable' myth busted by myself (nearly all the profit in my £51 to £1051 came from low stakes BHs)
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    thank you again Gary,
    for all that you have done mate.
    yes,i'm so happy today,as i've not only finished my challenge and done something good for someone else,
    i've also got a bl**dy night off!!!  lols

great post btw.

yes,you are right in that we have all in our own ways, shown that all formats of on-line poker are beatable and therefore profitable.
    it basically comes down to 2 things imo,hard work & good b/roll management.
    which i think it's fair to say,we all had.
    also,and i have said this before,just about anyone COULD do it,but very few actually DO do it.
    most people simply don't have the desire or the hunger for it,or possibly the time either.
    i played some sessions on this journey simply on auto-pilot some nights,even on nights when i could easily have not bothered,i did make the effort and tried and gave my best as always.
    even after 'that night' back in May,i still played the next night,and trust me,my heart wasn't in it,but somehow managed  to win £17.70 back.
    anyway m8...
    that's me done.
    take care buddy
    ian

• edited September 2012
    Hi Ian,

I posted a wry comment on my thread. Apols for not repeating it here but typing on my mobile is a pos. Anyway any time you are in London let me know.
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Ian, I posted a wry comment on my thread. Apols for not repeating it here but typing on my mobile is a pos. Anyway any time you are in London let me know.
    Posted by GELDY
    ty Geldy,

i'm guessing that it's 'elsewhere'
    'hope it was something nice'

i'm thinking your last line should have a punchline added to it.....

...."and i'll make sure i'm out for the day"  lols

well,that's the best i can come up with.
    any more?

best wishes m8
    dev
  • edited September 2012

What can I say that hasn't aready been said!!

You are one of the GOOD guys and there aint too many of them around these days, such a kind gesture to give 500 quid to your nephew......TOP BLOKE.

Congrats again mate.

• edited September 2012
    What can I say that hasn't aready been said!! You are one of the GOOD guys and there aint too many of them around these days, such a kind gesture to give 500 quid to your nephew......TOP BLOKE. Congrats again mate.
    Posted by waller02
    thanks again Ryan
    very much appreciated.

so much for my 'night off'....
    just had to play in the £500 loyalty freeroll,didn't i.  lols

dev
  • edited September 2012
    nice gesture, top man

run golden again )
  • edited September 2012
    Brilliant journey, and what a nice gesture for your nephew!  
  • edited September 2012
    Unbelievable achievement Dev and such a worthy cause. Best of luck in the future, and if you need any hints/tips/a shoulder to cry on, I'm only a PM away.

Pat
  • _G__G_
    edited September 2012
    Well done Dev, a great achievement, hope to see you on tables soon, gl on you next venture.

Glen
  • edited September 2012
    Well done on reaching your target and very nice of you to use some of your winnings like that. 

This achievement is proof to any small stakes player that with the right skills, BRM and discipline, you can grind up a decent roll from a small deposit.