You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Stability

Can anyone tell me if they have had connection issues of late. Computer trying to load the table but saying "please be advised you already have this table open"
Please list any or all serious 30 minute plus disconnections.
Has this only happened to me?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Sky Poker Stability:
    Can anyone tell me if they have had connection issues of late. Computer trying to load the table but saying "please be advised you already have this table open" Please list any or all serious 30 minute plus disconnections. Has this only happened to me?
    Posted by manxman2
    Hi Manxman
    I have only ever had this happen when its nearing the bubble or final table and I am watching that table. When the bubble bursts, it will sometimes try to put you on the table you already have open.

If the bubble bursts, it usually tries to seat you on the other table you have open. I usually click on the "x" to close the table I was watching and everything is normal again and you are still seated.
  • edited September 2012
    As a side thought - sometims this has happened when I have signed up for a tourny using internet explorer and also have the download client open. In which case I usually close internet explorer and open up the tables in the download.
  • edited September 2012
    you get this message as Trev says sometines if you have entered a tourny using a browser and also have the download open, simply closing down the table that runs on the browser will cure this
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Sky Poker Stability:
    Can anyone tell me if they have had connection issues of late. Computer trying to load the table but saying "please be advised you already have this table open" Please list any or all serious 30 minute plus disconnections. Has this only happened to me?
    Posted by manxman2
    Yes I had this problem the other day, and it wasnt for the reasons stated by others.

I closed all my programs and cleared the cache and tried again.  Still same.  Did that 2 or 3 times and it didnt work.

Tried to speak to CS.  Not much joy there.  But the window did eventually open about 20 mins after start of tourney.

According to CS, the problem was that I was using Chrome.  I said I wasnt, I was using the download version.  They said not to use Chrome.  They also said I should uninstall the download version and reinstall, making sure not to use Chrome.

I aint saying any of that is sensible advice.  And I aint saying it's wrong advice either.  But the guy said that it was a common fault, and claimed that that was the solution.  (I didnt reinstall and it hasnt happened to me again so make of that what you will.)

• edited September 2012
    I get this everytime I play on Chrome...

If you are using Chrome then swap to DL or Firefox and the problem should go away

xx
  • edited September 2012
    Many thanks for all of your hints and tips.
    I think i have found the problem, I had sky poker open on the works computer during the day and when home in the evening i was using the home computer. It must have opened the table on the works computer and wouldn't let me open a "second table" at home.
    I apologise if i am correct in this to Customer services for spitting my dummy out at them. But as you can imagine it is very frustrating.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Stability:
    Many thanks for all of your hints and tips. I think i have found the problem, I had sky poker open on the works computer during the day and when home in the evening i was using the home computer. It must have opened the table on the works computer and wouldn't let me open a "second table" at home. I apologise if i am correct in this to Customer services for spitting my dummy out at them. But as you can imagine it is very frustrating.
    Posted by manxman2
    Hi Manxman.
    That will do it aswell - I once forgot to log off at home and went round my bros house to play and I couldn't open the tables properly. Infact i've done this on more than one occasion.
  • edited September 2012
    Many thanks for all of your hints and tips. I think i have found the problem, I had sky poker open on the works computer during the day and when home in the evening i was using the home computer. It must have opened the table on the works computer and wouldn't let me open a "second table" at home. I apologise if i am correct in this to Customer services for spitting my dummy out at them. But as you can imagine it is very frustrating.
    Posted by manxman2
    Don't play poker at work !!
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Stability : Don't play poker at work !!
    Posted by VespaPX
    Oh yeah like that gonna happen lol. I hate it when customers come in and spoil my poker..... Just as well i'm the boss..
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Stability : Hi Manxman. That will do it aswell - I once forgot to log off at home and went round my bros house to play and I couldn't open the tables properly. Infact i've done this on more than one occasion.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Thanks Trev,
    It is very annoying but at least we have figured out the root cause..