You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Table Changes.......

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat

Minimum Buy-Ins.

The MINIMUM Buy-In on all Cash Tables is now 30 x BB. It was previously 20xBB, I believe.  

Comments

• edited September 2012

Good morning.

In the coming weeks, there will be quite a few changes to the Cash Games, the Cash Game Lobby, Buy-In levels, & various types of Table will be removed, added, or changed.

A few have been introduced today, & I'll Post the details below.

As others happen, I'll make you are, as we go along.

These changes are not necessarily permanent, changes will continue, & if some are shown to be not worthwhile, they can revert to the current position, in the light of market experience & player feedback.

• edited September 2012

Default Buy-In.

The Default Buy-In has been changed from 60% of a full pull-up to 80% of a full pull-up.

The "Default" is the amount you see when the "Buy-In Menu" pops up. You can still tick the "Max" box, or type in an amount lower or higher than the default figure.

Really, you just need to be aware of this, in case you click without looking.
  • edited September 2012

Action Tables.

The use of these has been far greater than expected, so they have now been extended to all Buy-In Levels EXCEPT 2p-4p.

• edited September 2012
    Auto top up?

Pls?

Pretty pls?

Why not set default to max buy in?
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes.......:
    Auto top up? Pls? Pretty pls? Why not set default to max buy in?
    Posted by grantorino
    +1 for both

I know it's a small thing, but when loading a load of tables, it is annoying have to click maximum on each one, just have default as max and people can change where necessary.

Auto top-up too :)
  • edited September 2012
    So if you are capable of making changes why no auto top up.

Every reg on the site wants this option and as it is an option it is not forced upon anyone. Sort it out tikay.

Stu
  • edited September 2012
    auto top up -  on/off toggle in the main option menu would be ace )

If it was that simple me thinks Sky would have done it already.
    Maybe the software has limitations and they just can't code/program/script it ?

Would be nice to know if it's possible and something that will arrive one day.

Plus when I sit down I always place myself in the the top left hand corner of the screen.
    This was a tip I atually got from Tikay )
    It would be great to have an auto placement option/button, cmon Tikay you know it makes sense )
    clockwise or anti-clockwise is such a pain :(

auto max buy in option would be fanstictico in the main option menu

I can't think of anymore diffuclt changes for you )

• edited September 2012
    asdfas dfaswd

auto top up should be 100th on the list people wat is wrong with you

click get chips max ok

3 clicks, about 1 minute quicker than it used to be.

'default pullup amount' has no reason to be so high. It can only force people to put more than they want down, if they sit with 30 they can always add more.
  • edited September 2012
    asdfas dfaswd auto top up should be 100th on the list people wat is wrong with you click get chips max ok 3 clicks, about 1 minute quicker than it used to be. 'default pullup amount' has no reason to be so high. It can only force people to put more than they want down, if they sit with 30 they can always add more.
    Posted by beaneh
    They don't have to choose the default.

IMO, the default is either 100xBB and some people choose less, or it's X amount (70BB, 80BB whatever) and some people have to choose more. Ijust reckon there's more people wanting to buy-in full than not
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : They don't have to choose the default. IMO, the default is either 100xBB and some people choose less, or it's X amount (70BB, 80BB whatever) and some people have to choose more. Ijust reckon there's more people wanting to buy-in full than not
    Posted by Lambert180

having it set to full as auto can only negatively affect people.

you can only add money not remove it.

there is absolutely no need to have it set at max nor to have a auto top up.

don't get me wrong it would be on a list of things to do, but it would be miles behind things that actually affect playability rather than would just help a small portion of regulars. If I can control all my stacks 30 tabling without auto top up everyone else can whilst 1-x tabling!

Would be so much more useful to fix the data entry problem that affects the bet slider and notes windows. that has been a long standing issue that physically affects peoples bottom lines and yet no one is clammering for it to be fixed.

peoples priorities are so massively skewed, and not in a good way.
  • edited September 2012
    pull ups are good for you man, think about it especially where a lot of the players just dont even bother to click anything and just sit... means more monies at the tables. fine by me. 
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes.......:
    pull ups are good for you man, think about it especially where a lot of the players just dont even bother to click anything and just sit... means more monies at the tables. fine by me. 
    Posted by TPTP123

they could be forced to buy in for their whole balance. that benefits me, should it be implemented?!? 

The whole point is, it's not about what's good FOR ME, or for whoever is posting, it's what's best for the pool of players in general taking into account who and how much each change affects.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm confused here... maybe I'm mis-understanding, but the default buy-in is just what it offers you when you first load the table, but it can be lowered or highered anywhere between the min or max buy-in. The default aint the minimum buy-in, it's just what it first suggest when the buy-in option loads, so you can add or remove.

Like as it is now, I think when you load a 8NL table, it suggests you BI for something like £5.80 but you can chaneg that to anything between £2.40 and £8 (I think) so I was just saying, make default £8, and if people wanna go lower, they can do, but I reckon more people go for £8 than less.

But yeah I do agree that it's not exactly life changing at the moment, I only play 6 tables and can keep up of topping up, although it is sometimes annoying when you lose a hand, drop to 50xBB and get dealt AA the very next hand when you aint been able to top up. But as you say, if you can keep up with the amount of tables you play, then we all can.

I'm not too fussed about badgering for updates anyway cos I know 90% of them will probably come with the new software when they have alot more flexibility.

EDIT: Was my guess of your achronim miles out? I'm sure you've got a million ways you could fill it to describe your best mate lol.

• edited September 2012
    you missed out words like fluffy bunny etc.

No one has got it right yet. 

The thing being discussed is the default buy in amount, not related to min or max buyin, hence there is no reason for it to increase.
  • edited September 2012
    asdfas dfaswd auto top up should be 100th on the list people wat is wrong with you click get chips max ok 3 clicks, about 1 minute quicker than it used to be. 'default pullup amount' has no reason to be so high. It can only force people to put more than they want down, if they sit with 30 they can always add more.
    Posted by beaneh

wat is wrong with u ?
    your a sicko if u like not auto top up on the amount of tables u play
    when your clicking around tables, I thought the last you wanna do is click some more.
    Maybe this the why u suufer with injuries )

default buy in makes no odds if you have to max it, may aswell be set at 20bb
  • edited September 2012
    auto top up +1
  • edited September 2012
    it's what's best for the pool of players in general taking into account who and how much each change affects.
    Okay then, agreed.  I call.  I think you should start a thread in Community Suggestions and own an ordered "Priority List" of player recommended changes that accurately reflect what the "pool of players" want via fair/open/classy discussionments in said thread. Keep post one editable for updates imo. 

FWIW I'm not interested in derailing this thread, but i'll give you my view in that thread as to why default 80% > 60%. 

Thanks
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : wat is wrong with u ? your a sicko if u like not auto top up on the amount of tables u play when your clicking around tables, I thought the last you wanna do is click some more. Maybe this the why u suufer with injuries ) default buy in makes no odds if you have to max it, may aswell be set at 20bb
    Posted by rancid

Many things are wrong with me ldo

I don't want no auto top up, I just want sky tech peopls time spent on more worthwhile things rather than something as relatively unimportant as auto top up. 

If we never have auto top up it's not that much of a problem.
    If sky never fix the betting data entry input or the consistency of the notes, or the stack size info in hh's etc etc then there are specific monetary losses that we are affected by.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : Many things are wrong with me ldo I don't want no auto top up, I just want sky tech peopls time spent on more worthwhile things rather than something as relatively unimportant as auto top up.  If we never have auto top up it's not that much of a problem. If sky never fix the betting data entry input or the consistency of the notes, or the stack size info in hh's etc etc then there are specific monetary losses that we are affected by.
    Posted by beaneh
    you have a valid point, the notes need improving - not that aware of data entry problems regaridng bet size - i type and it works :S  Still think if you make something easier to use then people will use it and love it - just look at appple's operating systems GUI ) Computers for dummies :::)

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : you have a valid point, the notes need improving - not that aware of data entry problems regaridng bet size - i type and it works :S  Still think if you make something easier to use then people will use it and love it - just look at appple's operating systems GUI ) Computers for dummies :::)
    Posted by rancid
    click 'full pot' to bet and it overbets slightly.

clicking 2x actually 3x's...
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : you have a valid point, the notes need improving - not that aware of data entry problems regaridng bet size - i type and it works :S  Still think if you make something easier to use then people will use it and love it - just look at appple's operating systems GUI ) Computers for dummies :::)
    Posted by rancid

for example playing 1/2

you raise the button to 6
    sb folds
    bb calls

pot 13

you try and bet 8 on the flop. you type 8 in and hit bet. if you weren't paying attention (if the error is currently happening) you will have actually bet  28 because the 2 will have stayed where it was in the bet window as per the minimum bet. 

I've bet 90% of my stack before intending to bet small it's so ridic tilting. I have made videos of it and got them to support so it's not a case of them being unaware.

if you click in your notes and it jumps back to the first space regardless of where you clicked then you are having the data entry issue and will for sure have issues typing your bets into the bet window.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : for example playing 1/2 you raise the button to 6 sb folds bb calls pot 13 you try and bet 8 on the flop. you type 8 in and hit bet. if you weren't paying attention (if the error is currently happening) you will have actually bet  28 because the 2 will have stayed where it was in the bet window as per the minimum bet.  I've bet 90% of my stack before intending to bet small it's so ridic tilting. I have made videos of it and got them to support so it's not a case of them being unaware. if you click in your notes and it jumps back to the first space regardless of where you clicked then you are having the data entry issue and will for sure have issues typing your bets into the bet window.
    Posted by beaneh

THIS DEFINATELY, most ridiculous thing especially when you are multitabling considering there is no time bank also so you can't spend too long checking
  • edited September 2012
    Okay then, agreed.  I call.  I think you should start a thread in Community Suggestions and own an ordered " Priority List" of player recommended changes that accurately reflect what the "pool of players" want via fair/open/classy discussionments in said thread. Keep post one editable for updates imo.  FWIW I'm not interested in derailing this thread, but i'll give you my view in that thread as to why default 80% /> 60%.  Thanks
    Posted by TPTP123
    The only problem with this is, the people who come on the forum account for probably <10% of the player base, probably even a lot less than this. So a thread on the forum only ever gets the opinions of forum regs and not the wider player base.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : The only problem with this is, the people who come on the forum account for probably <10% of the player base, probably even a lot less than this. So a thread on the forum only ever gets the opinions of forum regs and not the wider player base.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Correct, less than that. However, we try to get feedback in a variety of ways from non-Community users. Their view is equally important, of course.

Ideally, we''d like the Community to attract more of our players, & we are striving to achieve that by making it a better Community & forum.  

• edited September 2012
    Not having auto top up and it sometimes being impossible to reload your stack to 100bbs before the next hand is surely a more widespread problem than the data entry problems.
  • edited September 2012
    auto top up -  on/off toggle in the main option menu would be ace ) If it was that simple me thinks Sky would have done it already. Maybe the software has limitations and they just can't code/program/script it ? Would be nice to know if it's possible and something that will arrive one day. Plus when I sit down I always place myself in the the top left hand corner of the screen. This was a tip I atually got from Tikay ) It would be great to have an auto placement option/button, cmon Tikay you know it makes sense ) clockwise or anti-clockwise is such a pain :( auto max buy in option would be fanstictico in the main option menu I can't think of anymore diffuclt changes for you )
    Posted by rancid
    If your playing about 20 tables maybe , but is that hard to click round a cpl of places on a table
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : If your playing about 20 tables maybe , but is that hard to click round a cpl of places on a table
    Posted by MP33
    yeah it's a pain for me, just wanna fire up tables and then play - click on auto top up and bobs ya uncle

nothings perfect until it is -

wait for big blind and auto post is annoying too

like 8 clicks even before I can start playing just for one table
  • edited September 2012
    If you were to take advice from all the cash regs on the single biggest annoyance it would be the lack of AUTO TOP UP. 

Yes there are other changes needed, notes especially but auto top up would make the playing experience a LOT better. 

Just because Beaneh shouts the loudest doesn't mean he is always right. 

I should be able to open up a table and it automatically has me waiting for the big blind and ready to auto post as rancid mentions above. 

• edited September 2012
    think sky is geared up it's default settings to cater for the reccy player - not the cash regs tbh

we are the minority so suppose it's not a surprise we don't get what we ask for )

imo auto top up should be no1 on the list, the thrills can wait
    want to be able to relax and play without worrying about having to top up

I have actually started to top up in the middle of hands, just in case I lose :)
    can't do it though unless your below the max buy in for the table
  • ybyb
    edited September 2012
    Not having auto top up and it sometimes being impossible to reload your stack to 100bbs before the next hand is surely a more widespread problem than the data entry problems.
    Posted by offshoot
    +1

this is why there is a real need for auto top-up, not because people are too lazy to press a couple of extra buttons