You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Table Changes.......

2»

Comments

• edited September 2012
    jesus farking no b jockeys

you people are ridic.

it's so ridic to say 'make playing alot better' Sim, just joke ridiculous.

IT affects play IN NO WAY.

If you want to bet all in and be ready for the next hand, you can now click get chips/max and it reloads you before the next hand if required (REMEMBER IT ONLY TOOK SOME MONTHS TO REMOVE THE 'XYS HAS TOPPED UP' THE SECOND YOU CLICK).

it's barmy to think that auto top up is in any way important.

seriously why would I shout the loudest about not implementing something that BENEFITS ME THE MOST, by absolute miles. 

THE ONLY Time it is impossible to top up before a hand is over is when you have > the table maximum so auto top up has no effect, or if there is some kind of glitch. best not to fix any glitches and just add in this feature.  this last line is sarcastic for those who cant tell.

• edited September 2012
    On the river you call an all in there isnt enough time to reload before the pot is shipped. Theres plenty of times where ive seen someone fail to reload in time for the next hand. Even when i sometimes think ive clicked it in time it doesnt reload for the next hand.

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes.......:
    On the river you call an all in there isnt enough time to reload before the pot is shipped. Theres plenty of times where ive seen someone fail to reload in time for the next hand. Even when i sometimes think ive clicked it in time it doesnt reload for the next hand.
    Posted by offshoot

OMG CALL THE POLICE

POTENTIALLY MISSING ONE HAND OMG OMG

or stack goes all in time and again because of software glitches. NO BIGGY. 

you people are mind blowing.

why don't we just get sky to deposit into certain peoples bank accounts monthly and be done with it?!?
  • ybyb
    edited September 2012
    lol it's a tiny little bit arrogant to think that just because you don't find introducing auto top up important that it's not a priority imo

surely if a lot of regular players consider it a priority (more so than other improvements) then sky need to do it from a business sense, even if you don't personally agree with it?
  • edited September 2012
    fcuk me Bean, your such a drama queen !

Why don't you just double check what you bet, I mean you have so much time topping up manually then you surely have enough time to double check how much you bet !

auto top /> mr beans emotional truama

we could argue this all day, makes no differance - Sky won't do jack

• edited September 2012
    When you click pot, 3/4 pot or half pot it actually overbets as it caluclates the pot plus whatever rake has been taken.  For example if the three players have bet £1 pre flop then the pot will be £2.94 ish.  Any bets placed on the pot size will be based on the £3.

Hope that makes sense
  • edited September 2012
    lol it's a tiny little bit arrogant to think that just because you don't find introducing auto top up important that it's not a priority imo surely if a lot of regular players consider it a priority (more so than other improvements) then sky need to do it from a business sense, even if you don't personally agree with it?
    Posted by yb

I just wrote a long post but ofc sky has awesome software, so nothing ever glitches. and I didn't lose the whole post and whole tab in my browser because I couldn't close the 'come play this ridic tourny you don't care about banner'.

I shall cliff note my response as best I can remember.

PLS HIGHLIGHT WHERE I SAY I DON'T WANT THIS.

PLS POINT OUT ANYONE ON THIS SITE IT WOULD BENEFIT MORE THAN ME IF AUTO TOP UP WAS TO BE INTRODUCED.

It's not arrogant to point out countless flaws THAT COST PEOPLE MONEY CONSTANTLY and point out that this is a something only considered 'needed' by winning regs. 

Wait so if we have a bunch of lets call them moron regs. and they all think that we should all get a go on tikay once weekly, sky should introduce this? this MUST be a good idea? Don't be ridiculous like this example is.

There are many legacy problems with sky, and many long standing problems which have not been fixed, many of which can cost people CASH MONIES. yet people are constantly demanding one unneccessary feature that only benefits a small minority.

I'll repeat again, IT WOULD BENEFIT ME PROBABLY THE MOST. I'm very sorry for being so selfish as to argue the case against something that benefits me so greatly.
  • edited September 2012
    fcuk me Bean, your such a drama queen ! Why don't you just double check what you bet, I mean you have so much time topping up manually then you surely have enough time to double check how much you bet ! auto top /> mr beans emotional truama we could argue this all day, makes no differance - Sky won't do jack
    Posted by rancid

I get tilted by idiotic posts by clueless people posting selfishly. pretty clear cut.

I do double check even whilst 30 tabling and always being topped up even so with the problem of data entry being so ridic it still causes me issues.

compare

oh no I did not get dealt in this hand I have lost nothing 

to

oh no I bet my stack not half pot. it's ok only a large monetary cost for the player. yeh as players we should be happy with this and hope that sky take all their time installing fluffy bunny animations and other very important things.....
  • ybyb
    edited September 2012
    ok ok i think we've all got the message by now that you can multi-table more than anyone else lol ;)

and yes i agree that software glitches are very annoying, but i would have thought that adding in an auto top-up feature would be less complicated than ironing out all the different glitches. i don't know much about programming so i could be way off the mark with that.

i don't play much cash on here at all any more btw so i'm not posting from a selfish viewpoint, i just think it would make sense, in general, for sky to bring in something which quite a few high volume regs consider important
  • edited September 2012
    Bean your post is just as selfish as everyone else's

personally I don't have a major problem with betting or with the notes but agree they have to be improved

but for me I want auto top first and for you - you just want attention j/k )

I do agree that an error with entering bets can be more costly, but if you don't top up quick enough you could possibily lose money on the next hand

• edited September 2012
    Bean your post is just as selfish as everyone else's personally I don't have a major problem with betting or with the notes but agree they have to be improved but for me I want auto top first and for you - you just want attention j/k ) I do agree that an error with entering bets can be more costly, but if you don't top up quick enough you could possibily lose money on the next hand
    Posted by rancid

selfish because it goes against what's best for me?

you not see that saying ' but what I want is this' and then not giving any reason for why that's good or could benefit many people is the selfish post.

you lose money when the bet size error occurs, you lose ev when you are not dealt in. however there are ways to be dealt in regardless of if you've just lost your stack so this is a ridiculous discussion anyway. click buychips/max after you click all in and before the hand is over (it's not hard even on the river) and you're topped up ready for the next hand no matter what happens.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : selfish because it goes against what's best for me? you not see that saying ' but what I want is this' and then not giving any reason for why that's good or could benefit many people is the selfish post. you lose money when the bet size error occurs, you lose ev when you are not dealt in. however there are ways to be dealt in regardless of if you've just lost your stack so this is a ridiculous discussion anyway. click buychips/max after you click all in and before the hand is over (it's not hard even on the river) and you're topped up ready for the next hand no matter what happens.
    Posted by beaneh
    ok bean, you want this - I want that

auto top is good because it is )
    what you want is good because it is )

do we really have to have a debate and go through reasons why it's good for everybody

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : ok bean, you want this - I want that auto top is good because it is ) what you want is good because it is ) do we really have to have a debate and go through reasons why it's good for everybody
    Posted by rancid

ok sorry I didn't realise you're on a wind up. continue as was.
  • edited September 2012
    Has anyone actually had a problem with betting the right amount? I dont recall seeing very many poeple betting over the pot. I dont see anyone else thinking this is important apart from you.
  • edited September 2012
    Has anyone actually had a problem with betting the right amount? I dont recall seeing very many poeple betting over the pot. I dont see anyone else thinking this is important apart from you.
    Posted by offshoot

no no one. I am utterly selfish.

Yes they obviously have, it's a more wide spread data entry issue and has been around for ages. 

S'ok though unimportant updates ftw.
  • edited September 2012
    auto top up would only be of benefit for a relatively small % of the sites users (i.e cash regs)

therefore it would be understandable if it were not a high priority thing

• edited September 2012
    beaneh ur such a wetwipe jus do 1

such a bore all u do is moan moan moan , zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited September 2012

Mod hat:  All posters, stop the insults and snide comments now please.  This was a good thread and should not be the children's playground it's becoming.

Player hat:  From a personal point of view I don't even use auto-topup when it's available but that's more down to my own neurotic obsession to record every penny/cent as I use them.  So I'm not the best person to say how important it is.  Obviously from the thread a lot of people find it important and yes it's annoying when you're stack reduces to 5 BB and you get dealt Aces before you can reload, but for me at present it's one hand max and isn't really on my radar.  However the data entry problem for bet sizing from way back has meant I haven't used that for an age, I'm pure slider click.  This means my bet sizing has to be sub-optimal so for me sorting that facet would be more important, however I have no idea if this is more important for the site as a whole. 

From a personal point of view, note improvements, sorting out the BB bet buttons from the blinds, fully resizable tables and adding custom bet size buttons should be higher on the list than auto topup. 

• edited September 2012
    Auto top up - effects me every session I play in... probably 100s/1000s of times over a long session. 

Weird betting glitch - Cannot remember a single time. 

Can we have a poll from the "moron regs" if this is not the case for you?

"Would be so much more useful to fix the data entry problem that affects the bet slider and notes windows. that has been a long standing issue that physically affects peoples bottom lines and yet no one is clammering for it to be fixed." ---- Hmmm, I wonder why... 
  • edited September 2012
    Sorry to have to say this but surely the betting slider fix that Beaneh is talking about shouldn't take long for a programmer to fix?

I am saying this as a complete programming newb of course.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : selfish because it goes against what's best for me? you not see that saying ' but what I want is this' and then not giving any reason for why that's good or could benefit many people is the selfish post. you lose money when the bet size error occurs, you lose ev when you are not dealt in. however there are ways to be dealt in regardless of if you've just lost your stack so this is a ridiculous discussion anyway. click buychips/max after you click all in and before the hand is over (it's not hard even on the river) and you're topped up ready for the next hand no matter what happens.
    Posted by beaneh
    OMG you are so stupid lawls... LDO, WTF man.. all you have to do is check your betting size before you bet and then press another button, it's like two clicks LDO OMG ROFLCOPTERS. 

Did we all like my Beaneh impression?
  • edited September 2012
    excellent attempt except your fighting up hill given that you've chosen the moron side of the argument

forget logic and reason. sim is more important.

he NEEDS autotop up to save 20 CLICKS

clicks are so valuable................
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes.......:
    Auto top up - effects me every session I play in... probably 100s/1000s of times over a long session.  Weird betting glitch - Cannot remember a single time.  Can we have a poll from the "moron regs" if this is not the case for you? "Would be so much more useful to fix the data entry problem that affects the bet slider and notes windows. that has been a long standing issue that physically affects peoples bottom lines and yet no one is clammering for it to be fixed ." ---- Hmmm, I wonder why... 
    Posted by simuk

100s/1000s effects. 

what utter rubbish. you mean it costs you 'some' clicks. potentially costs you some 'ev' if 3 bbs is missed off your stack (obviously the bulk of the sky poker economy needs auto top up too because they are all as serious as us and must be full constantly).

it's ok you haven't had this problem because you don't type in bets, ok then there is no problem. The word has come down from sim, he doesn't have the problem therefore there is no problem. awesome thanks for that.

great of you to have awesome input with regards to programming even though you have no clue, especially given the special circumstances that surround the creation/adaption of the sky software. The whole point of glitches and other intermittent problems is that they are ALOT harder to fix than some generic constant issue. You have to work out the triggers/factors and work out what options there are to fix something. Then you have to consider whether it can happen in the next roll out, in a new rollout, or whether some change would affect other things too much.

Feel free to post in terms of not your best interests Sim, you enjoy it when I rip it out of AJS for being so selfish but then the second you chime in you post from the same stance. awesome thanks for that.
  • edited September 2012
    Posted by offshoot

Yes i've had this problem before plenty of times.

It's annoying when you're on a few tables and the timer is nearly down and you're still having to mess around trying to get the right betting ammount sorted.

The note taking problem is also really annoying, again especially so when multi-tabling because everytime you're called to action somewhere your cursor comes out of the note box again.

• edited October 2012
    the 30bb Minimum hasnt been extended to all the nl100 tables, a well known shortstacker is still able to sit with £20, also u can still sit with 25bb at the master cash tables
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : Yes i've had this problem before plenty of times. It's annoying when you're on a few tables and the timer is nearly down and you're still having to mess around trying to get the right betting ammount sorted. The note taking problem is also really annoying, again especially so when multi-tabling because everytime you're called to action somewhere your cursor comes out of the note box again.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Time banks please....5 x 20 second time banks for cash

5 x 10 second time banks for tourneys

My marbles are shrinking. Ta.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Table Changes....... : Yes i've had this problem before plenty of times. It's annoying when you're on a few tables and the timer is nearly down and you're still having to mess around trying to get the right betting ammount sorted. The note taking problem is also really annoying, again especially so when multi-tabling because everytime you're called to action somewhere your cursor comes out of the note box again.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Time banks please
  • edited October 2012
    the 30bb Minimum hasnt been extended to all the nl100 tables, a well known shortstacker is still able to sit with £20, also u can still sit with 25bb at the master cash tables
    Posted by sikas
    Morning Big Man.

You are correct, it has not been implemented on all Tables YET. It will be, though.

It is a phased introduction, & it should apply to every table by the end of this week.

Apologies that my original Post never made that clear.

See you next weekend in Nottingham, should be a grand weekend.

• edited October 2012
    Hello.

I'd just like to add that while auto-top off would be welcome, it is unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. It does not effect play in the slightest. While getting into the habit of auto topping off before actions is annyoing, it's really not that big of deal.

As someone new to Sky I have been an unknowing victim of the ridiculous data entry problem. I couldn't understand wtf was going on at the start when I probably bet x10 the amount I wanted to numerous times. Unlike auto top up, this has had an impact on my game, with sub-optimal bet sizing in places and occasionally spewing away large amounts of bbs relative to the pot. When I am currently multi-tabling, and time per action is a constraint, I don't feel I can confidently type out my bet sizes incase the error happens. This should really be the number one thing to fix imo. 

Lower the rake at 10nl. This will help players at this level progress up the stakes, stimulating action in turn at higher stakes and resulting in more rake for the site. This would be a good thing for all parties. 
  • edited October 2012
    Hello. I'd just like to add that while auto-top off would be welcome, it is unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. It does not effect play in the slightest. While getting into the habit of auto topping off before actions is annyoing, it's really not that big of deal. As someone new to Sky I have been an unknowing victim of the ridiculous data entry problem. I couldn't understand wtf was going on at the start when I probably bet x10 the amount I wanted to numerous times. Unlike auto top up, this has had an impact on my game, with sub-optimal bet sizing in places and occasionally spewing away large amounts of bbs relative to the pot. When I am currently multi-tabling, and time per action is a constraint, I don't feel I can confidently type out my bet sizes incase the error happens. This should really be the number one thing to fix imo.  Lower the rake at 10nl. This will help players at this level progress up the stakes, stimulating action in turn at higher stakes and resulting in more rake for the site. This would be a good thing for all parties. 
    Posted by therckt
    I understand what you are saying... but do you realise that when I am in a long 2 tabling session, auto rebuying literally can amount to 100 clicks. Sometimes 110 clicks.