You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE OFFICIAL TKO LEG 1 THREAD

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Right folks, judgement day has arrived!

The lines have been drawn and in less then 6 hours- IT'S WAR!

Now- to make things easier to follow I reckon we should all start posting on this one thread only about TKO.

But I like the Team Orford and Team Tikay lists though- the more people who can add their names to those lists the better- that way when we get down to the cash spots we should have a pretty good idea of who's winning.

As I understand it- the official result will be announced on the forum tomorrow- but I'm hoping the result will be patently obvious by 10pm! ;)

Right- that's my neutral message out the way. And now, a word to my team-mates... (see below)

Comments

• edited November 2009

Crikey, what a lot of names.

Scary.
  • edited November 2009
    been looking forward to this event but am dissapointed to say that i cannot play tonight veven tho im registered.. i will be back with avengence tho for leg 2!!! come on tikay :)
  • edited November 2009

TEAM ORFORD- we've talked the talk, and now it's time to walk the walk!

Here is my pre-battle rousing speech (with apologies to Winston Churchill!)

Please read this, accompanied to suitably stirring music- Land of Hope and Glory, The Themes from Braveheart and Gladiator, The Vengaboys...that sort of thing.

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many hours of struggle and suffering.

You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by continuation bets, bluffs and floating the flop. War with all our might and with all the strength Sky Poker has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of Sky Poker analysts- Team Tikay. That is our policy.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

Let that be realized. No survival for Team Orford, no survival for all that Team Orford has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.

I take up my task in buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men and women. I feel entitled at this juncture, at this time, to claim the aid of all and to say, "Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."

Goddamit, I’m choking up as I copy and paste this, sorry write, this...

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: THE OFFICIAL TKO LEG 1 THREAD:
    Here is my pre-battle rousing speech (with apologies to Winston Churchill!)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I don't think that Churchill could have put it better himself, Rich. ;-)
  • edited November 2009

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• edited November 2009

I'm welling up inside...........  it's an honour to be in the team of someone so magnificent, so tremendous, so awe inspiring!!  Hope to do u proud Rich sir :)

• edited November 2009
    LADEEEZ AND GENTLEMEN!

YOU'VE WITNESSED THE RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE! YOU'VE MARVELLED AT DAVID V GOLIATH!

NOW GET READY..

...FOR THE CURSING IN THE NURSING (home)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIGHT NIGHT BEGINS AT 7 O'CLOCK SHARP.

IN THE RED CORNER- TEEEEEEEEEEEEAMMMMM  ORRRRRFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD....

and in the blue corner- Team Tikay...

....IN A FIGHT TO THE FINISH FOR THE TITLE OF UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT SKY POKER TEAM OF THE WOOOORRRRRRLLLLLDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAME ON!!!!!!!!

• edited November 2009
    They wont let me play Rich!!! What going on?
  • edited November 2009
    tikay, whats happening here, orford seems like hes really up for this one, have we got a comeback to hit him with?
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by tallboy
    Theres a link on the ask tikay thread m8
  • edited November 2009
    LADEEEZ AND GENTLEMEN! YOU'VE WITNESSED THE RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE! YOU'VE MARVELLED AT DAVID V GOLIATH! NOW GET READY.. ...FOR THE CURSING IN THE NURSING (home)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIGHT NIGHT BEGINS AT 7 O'CLOCK SHARP. IN THE RED CORNER- TEEEEEEEEEEEEAMMMMM  ORRRRRFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD.... and in the blue corner- Team Tikay... ....IN A FIGHT TO THE FINISH FOR THE TITLE OF UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT SKY POKER TEAM OF THE WOOOORRRRRRLLLLLDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAME ON!!!!!!!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    lol loving it :):) but shouldnt it be "in the red triangle team tikay"??
  • edited November 2009
    tikay, whats happening here, orford seems like hes really up for this one, have we got a comeback to hit him with?
    Posted by webby234
    i fear you have not.our leader is a true warrior(and a heck of a more youth on his side as well) lol
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by webby234
    Tikay's comeback? I refer the right honourable gentlemen to the answer my Sky Poker opponent gave some moments ago...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's an inspired speech, if I ever I heard one Webby! Now, tell all your Tikay team-mates and we'll see you at the breach tonight! LOL!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: THE OFFICIAL TKO LEG 1 THREAD : i fear you have not.our leader is a true warrior(and a heck of a more youth on his side as well) lol
    Posted by dav1964
    The thing as well is we all remember Braveheart from the film..............Tikay remembers when it happened for real ;)
  • edited November 2009
    tikay i have stepped in to hopefully get under orford's nose with this little piece again, i await a masterpiece from our leader, hes just finishing his knitting lol

when battle commences and the cards are shuffled
    orford's feathers will soon be ruffled
    the man has no class and relies on luck
    hence the name "lord smuck"
    tikay's cool, calm and a man of leisure
    but this victory he will treasure
    skybet have suspended all odds, cos the outcome is clear
    hopeless orford is shivering with fear
    as the final hands are dealt and orford is grinning
    much to his stupidity, its tikay whos winning
    the money's all in and tikay's in heaven
    flips over his cards its a straight to the 7
    lord muck screams and shouts and says "i had 3 of a kind"
    to which tikay replies "your out of your mind!!"
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: THE OFFICIAL TKO LEG 1 THREAD : i fear you have not.our leader is a true warrior(and a heck of a more youth on his side as well) lol
    Posted by dav1964

more like Dennis the Menace.....lol
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by tallboy

Mike, it may be because you entered your screen-name instead of your User ID on the form.

Drop an email to the marketing team direct

suggestions@skypoker.com

and they should sort you out in time.

:)
  • edited November 2009
    May the orfce be with us
  • edited November 2009
    tikay i have stepped in to hopefully get under orford's nose with this little piece again, i await a masterpiece from our leader, hes just finishing his knitting lol when battle commences and the cards are shuffled orford's feathers will soon be ruffled the man has no class and relies on luck hence the name "lord smuck" tikay's cool, calm and a man of leisure but this victory he will treasure skybet have suspended all odds, cos the outcome is clear hopeless orford is shivering with fear as the final hands are dealt and orford is grinning much to his stupidity, its tikay whos winning the money's all in and tikay's in heaven flips over his cards its a straight to the 7 lord muck screams and shouts and says "i had 3 of a kind" to which tikay replies "your out of your mind!!"
    Posted by webby234
    MUST ADMIT THAT IS PRETTY GOOD(POINTLESS IN VIEW OF MY LORDS CERTAIN VICTORY) BUT PRETTY GOOD
  • edited November 2009
    again i started a thread and got no responce. i think the title was misleading.

I am unavalible for tonight.
  • edited November 2009
    Strength & Honour Team Orford, strength & honour.
  • edited November 2009

Troops of the Orford army, tonight we go to war!!!!!!

Expect no mercie! Expect no respect! Expect the going will be hard!

But know this, are lord will be walking the trenches with us with head held high, not with sword or gun, but with poket pairs, suited conecters and the fore sight to see a trap! Let his light fall on you and know the truth of things, that team tikay can not stand up to us (with out there zimmer frames anyway) and victory is inevertible!!!!

Go now and apese the gods how you see fit, steal yourselves for the coming battle, say your good byes to loved ones as some of us may not retern and have only one thing on your mind, the blood of team tikay running in the streets like the rivers of babalon!

Good luck my fellow orfordian's I salute you all and will see you on the field of battle, and remeber the chant of war....

OOH AHH ORFORD-DA I SAID OOH AHH DRFORD-DA!!!!!!!!! 

may the poker god's smile on Team Orford...

• edited November 2009
    Ive still not had the e-mail, I can see from thelobby i've been entered so not worried about that but was there anything important in the e-mail that i need to know?

Gareth
  • edited November 2009

IN THE WORDS OF ELVIS COSTELLO.............

ORFORDS ARMY ARE ON THEIR WAY

ORFORDS ARMY ARE HERE TO STAY

I DONT WANNA BE ANYWHERE ELSE

BUT WITH OUR LORD TODAY

• edited November 2009
    TEAM ORFORD- we've talked the talk, and now it's time to walk the walk! Here is my pre-battle rousing speech (with apologies to Winston Churchill!)   Please read this, accompanied to suitably stirring music- Land of Hope and Glory, The Themes from Braveheart and Gladiator, The Vengaboys...that sort of thing. I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many hours of struggle and suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by continuation bets, bluffs and floating the flop. War with all our might and with all the strength Sky Poker has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of Sky Poker analysts- Team Tikay. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival. Let that be realized. No survival for Team Orford, no survival for all that Team Orford has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal. I take up my task in buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men and women. I feel entitled at this juncture, at this time, to claim the aid of all and to say, "Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."   Goddamit, I’m choking up as I copy and paste this, sorry write, this...

ACTIONS SPK LOUDER THAN WORDS BLA BLA BLA

TEAM TIKAY
    Posted by RICHORFORD
  • edited November 2009
    has tikays forfit been decided yet?
  • edited November 2009
    [QUOTE]again i started a thread and got no responce. i think the title was misleading. I am unavalible for tonight.
    Posted by The_Don90

Thanks Don, no worries. It's the nature of these things that at least 20% of the field are usually "no-shows".
  • edited November 2009
    Ive still not had the e-mail, I can see from thelobby i've been entered so not worried about that but was there anything important in the e-mail that i need to know? Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    No m8. Just said whose side u were on.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: THE OFFICIAL TKO LEG 1 THREAD : No m8. Just said whose side u were on.
    Posted by phil12uk
    YES PHIL BUT I THINK THE TEAM TIKAY E-MAILS DID ALSO CONTAIN A MESSAGE OF SYMPATHY LOL
  • edited November 2009
    has tikays forfit been decided yet?
    Posted by D3ADH4ND5

I propose the losing captain should be filmed shining the shoes of the winning captain and the video be posted on the forum.

What does everyone think?

My shoes could do with a good polish tbh...