You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BOOM! UKOPS is back.

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat

The next UKOPS Festival on Sky Poker is now in the Tournament Lobby.

It has it's own Filter - just go to the Tourney Lobbby, then click "UKOPS".

Comments

• edited October 2012

Start date? Sunday 28th October.

Finish date - Sunday 4th November.

So, it runs for EIGHT days. 

• edited October 2012
    Great to see UKOPS coming around again and now with more choice and something for everyone!

One question....

On some days side events have bigger buy-ins than the respective main?

How's that work, or is it a deliberate mistake?
  • edited October 2012

Satellite schedule?

Will be announced & up in the Lobby in an hour or two. Satellites will probably start TODAY.

• edited October 2012

Bear with me Darty, whilst I get the info up, then & I'll field any & all questions.

PS - No, not a mistake. We hope....;).

• edited October 2012
    nice 28 events for all bugets bring it on ;')
  • edited October 2012
    Looks like a good week of poker. Looking forward to trying to sat in to the £550 buy in, it should definately attract a few of the bigger Mtt players who dont often play on here.
    I hope as the site progresses the UKOPS can add a few PLO and PLO hi/lo tourneys in the schedule.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back.:
    Great to see UKOPS coming around again and now with more choice and something for everyone! One question.... On some days side events have bigger buy-ins than the respective main? How's that work, or is it a deliberate mistake?
    Posted by TheDart
    They have bigger buy ins but smaller guarantees.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back. : They have bigger buy ins but smaller guarantees.
    Posted by jonjo75
    OK thanks Jonjo,I can see the logic there.

Just my simple brain thinks, main = big buy in, side = medium buy in, mini = mini buy in!

No complaint from me that it is different than my simple but flawed logic.

Hopefully there will be sats to both main and side events.

• edited October 2012

Each UKOPS night will have a....

MAIN. Buy-ins will be (variously) £55, £110, £220 & £530.

SIDEY. Buy-ins will be (variously) £55 & £110.

MINI. Buy-ins will be (variously) £5.50, £22, & £33.

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back. : OK thanks Jonjo,I can see the logic there. Just my simple brain thinks, main = big buy in, side = medium buy in, mini = mini buy in! No complaint from me that it is different than my simple but flawed logic.   Hopefully there will be sats to both main and side events.
    Posted by TheDart
    Hi Darty,

Yes, what Jonjo said.

They are sort of "Second Chance" affairs, they start an hour AFTER the Main, so some might choose to play both, others just play the Sidey if they bust the Main, others just the sidey, etc.

The Guarantees are very different though - much more for the Mains.

• edited October 2012

The Jackpot will continue to run as normal during the UKOPS Fessie.

Unless it goes in the interim, in which case it reverts to £5,000, it will be close to £9,000 by the time UKOPS arrives.

It will apply, each UKOPS evening, to.....

The MAIN UKOPS Event

The MINI UKOPS Event 

• edited October 2012

Pleased to see a turbo night on the Friday!

wd sky, bring on the sats :)
  • edited October 2012
    What would go really well with this is like an 'order of merit' or something along those lines. A leaderboard with amount of cashes/prize money or something for each of the 3 buy in levels... Prize money may not work however as chances are whoever wins the main / super roller will win the whole thing, but it's worth looking into IMO
  • edited October 2012
    boooom im goona do my hardest to sat into 1 big main event :)
  • edited October 2012

The Satellites Lobby is being populated by the UKOPS Satellites now.

The very first one will be at 3pm TODAY.

You can see the Satellites EITHER via the UKOPS Filter, OR the Satellite Filter.

• edited October 2012
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I'm definately going to win one of these... you heard it here first!
  • edited October 2012

Today's satellite schedule is now up.

Each day's satellite schedule will be uploaded that morning, not before.

The daily satellites will correspond with the UKOPS event for THAT day.

Today, for example, Satellites are for UKOPS4, because it takes place on a Wednesday, & today is Wednesday. And so on, ad infinitum.

Nightly semi-finals will generally be at 8.45pm.

Micros will run every afternoon at 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm & 7.45pm. 

In addition, there will be one very special daily Super-Satellite, as follows..... (see next Post)  
  • edited October 2012

Daily Super Sat.

Each night, at 9pm, there will be a Super-Satellite with £1,630 worth of UKOPS Seats on offer, made up of.....

Winner - £530 UKOPS Super Roller seat.

2nd to 6th inclusive -EACH get a £220 Main Event Seat.

Cost to enter this beauty? £12. AND it will be CAPPED at 150 runners.

When does this one start? 

TONIGHT, 9pm

• edited October 2012
    Looks good.. one thing i would say is the chip value for the add ons is way out of proportion with the buy in. 

Eg. £55 rebuy, 2,000 chips.. 8,000 chip add on for £55. 

This is really detremental to the value of the initial 2k chips you get andwill discourage rebuys. 

Anyone agree / disagree with that. 
  • edited October 2012
    Looks good.. one thing i would say is the chip value for the add ons is way out of proportion with the buy in.  Eg. £55 rebuy, 2,000 chips.. 8,000 chip add on for £55.  This is really detremental to the value of the initial 2k chips you get andwill discourage rebuys.  Anyone agree / disagree with that. 
    Posted by pr1nnyraid
    Possibly, but look at it another way.

What will the average stack & Blinds be by the time the Add-On becomes applicable?

If we use UKOPS6 as an example, (Turbo speedo quickie jobbie jobbie) the Add-On becomes available at the end of Level 7. Play will resume with Blinds at 200-400. Nobody is going to buy a 2,000 chip Add-on that consists of 5 Bigs. 
  • edited October 2012
    Hi TK is there any omaha in the ukops, they must be some on.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back. : Possibly, but look at it another way. What will the average stack & Blinds be by the time the Add-On becomes applicable? If we use UKOPS6 as an example, (Turbo speedo quickie jobbie jobbie) the Add-On becomes available at the end of Level 7. Play will resume with Blinds at 200-400. Nobody is going to buy a 2,000 chip Add-on that consists of 5 Bigs. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    This is the case in all existing speed and velocity rebuys. Maybe it is something that can be looked at.

Just saying :P
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back. : This is the case in all existing speed and velocity rebuys. Maybe it is something that can be looked at. Just saying :P
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Happy to look at it Mr Dohhh.

Just saying. ;)

As is frequently pointed out, Sky Poker do lots of things wrong, or sub-optimally, but bit by bit, they are improving everything, & that process will continue.

Feedback on these sort of things is always listened to.

• edited October 2012
    Hi TK is there any omaha in the ukops, they must be some on.
    Posted by MRAIDERSON
    For you & me, & Greeky, and a few others, sadly the answer is "no".

The demand for Omaha is very low, & to have an Oma\ha Event wouyld deny a more popular format it's slot. 

Tough decision, but there it is.

The UKOPS Guarantees require large fields to cover the Guarantees, & Omaha would not achieve that I'm afraid.

• edited October 2012

any reason as to why on some nights the mini events have a smaller starting stack than the main?

i'm also presuming that some of the blind levels will probably be taken out as well, god forbid we should be allowed the same well structured game as the higher buy in
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back. : For you & me, & Greeky, and a few others, sadly the answer is "no". The demand for Omaha is very low, & to have an Oma\ha Event wouyld deny a more popular format it's slot.  Tough decision, but there it is. The UKOPS Guarantees require large fields to cover the Guarantees, & Omaha would not achieve that I'm afraid.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    could they not have such a large payout, if the did sats for a week then just one torny on the sat or sun i am sure you would get the field, just one omaha torny, is it to much to ask
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back. : Happy to look at it Mr Dohhh. Just saying. ;) As is frequently pointed out, Sky Poker do lots of things wrong, or sub-optimally, but bit by bit, they are improving everything, & that process will continue.   Feedback on these sort of things is always listened to.
    Posted by Tikay10

get rid of the first few levels, add in the 250/500 and smoothen out the play later on in most comps.

Stop raking rebuys + I think an action hour style rebuy format would work better (the blinds start low go up quick then get reset back lower once you get out the rebuy period, it forces action whilst meaning everyone who comes out of the addon period has a good stack.

RAKING THE REBUYS AND ADDONS IS A DISGRACE.

Then decide to stop randomly choosing large stack sizes and picking blind durations out of the air.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back. : get rid of the first few levels, add in the 250/500 and smoothen out the play later on in most comps. Stop raking rebuys + I think an action hour style rebuy format would work better (the blinds start low go up quick then get reset back lower once you get out the rebuy period, it forces action whilst meaning everyone who comes out of the addon period has a good stack. RAKING THE REBUYS AND ADDONS IS A DISGRACE. Then decide to stop randomly choosing large stack sizes and picking blind durations out of the air.
    Posted by beaneh
    and +1 to this

would you add in the 500/1000 as well?
  • edited October 2012
    'RAKING THE REBUYS AND ADDONS IS A DISGRACE.'

Why is it?
  • edited October 2012
    'RAKING THE REBUYS AND ADDONS IS A DISGRACE.' Why is it?
    Posted by Slykllist

Iplay ma £5.50 tournament.

I pay £5 to get some chips and 50p to the site.

I play a rebuy. I pay £5 to get chips 50p to the site, to rebuy it costs me £5 for chips.

ON SKY.

I play a £5.50 rebuy. I pay £5 for chips, 50p to the site, I rebuy I pay £5 for chips 50p to the site, again and again. Same with the addon they are just super leeching money, only disreuptable and incompetent sites normally have this. Obviously we are 'lucky' to have this feature......