You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BOOM! UKOPS is back.

2»

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Now we've found that we can implement Late Reg. Can we now stop just randomly putting 90 minutes regardless of tournament, you didn't have this functionality before and it didn't effect the guarantees.

Each comp seems to have a number picked out the air for the late regged then x2 or x3 and that's the amount of time.

I'd be very interested in the number of runners who join in the last 3rd of the latereg + how many sats are still in running when the comp kicks off for them to have to be found spaces.

Are more or less than half the field out by the time the primo hits it's reg ending period?

• edited October 2012
    Thanks for the feedback Beaneh. Can we make sure the thread stays on the UKOPS theme though rather than a Late Reg/rebuy policy gripe?

Constructive criticism always welcomed when put the right way.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back.:
    Thanks for the feedback Beaneh. Can we make sure the thread stays on the UKOPS theme though rather than a Late Reg/rebuy policy gripe? Constructive criticism always welcomed when put the right way. Thanks, Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave

no they are all intertwined. The ukops is running rebuys. One rebuy comp I just looked at is down as 'REBUY' it's a double chance. which means you can have a second chance but not do rebuys, so the title of a comp with long late reg is rebuy but you CANT rebuy. tis ridic misleading.  would be better to call 2nd chances/cubed comps what they are!

sky are welcome to discuss stuff and give reasoning (just like a poker player trying to improve) so we can decide if the decision was made for the right reasons/how it affects things/how to proceed!

• edited October 2012
    24 events and not a single Omaha event. 

I have to say I am a bit disappointed cause I think a small buy-in Omaha tour would have easily found a place between the Holdem events.

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back. : no they are all intertwined. The ukops is running rebuys. One rebuy comp I just looked at is down as 'REBUY' it's a double chance. which means you can have a second chance but not do rebuys, so the title of a comp with long late reg is rebuy but you CANT rebuy. tis ridic misleading.  would be better to call 2nd chances/cubed comps what they are! sky are welcome to discuss stuff and give reasoning (just like a poker player trying to improve) so we can decide if the decision was made for the right reasons/how it affects things/how to proceed!
    Posted by beaneh

So I'll take that as a no then, shall I? :)

• edited October 2012
    24 events and not a single Omaha event.  I have to say I am a bit disappointed cause I think a small buy-in Omaha tour would have easily found a place between the Holdem events.
    Posted by GreekWay
    I have to agree, I would have given the Omaha a go if the buyin was set at a sensible level :(

That said, the rest of the lineup looks great :)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back. : So I'll take that as a no then, shall I? :)
    Posted by Sky_Dave

It's not like I want to make things better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feeel free to ship me over runner information for the last 2 series, historical data for october etc etc.

otherwise I can only give general assumptions/guesses.

Last time I did a long post on structures, and suggested some stacks/blinds/increases they were quickly implemented. At the time though I said you could increase this/reduce this etc etc. I was trying to point out the importance of the shallower stacks being early and the play at later stages being more deepstacked. yet the blinds were just whacked up to really long and the earliest levels were still included meaning 500bb at the start and then a couple of inflexion points where effective stacks nearly halved.

Would have been more ideal to have a discussion before it's all announced and in motion ldo

apologies for not being more ranty/sweary! it's just certain peoples inane opinions that make me do that.

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: BOOM! UKOPS is back. : I have to agree, I would have given the Omaha a go if the buyin was set at a sensible level :( That said, the rest of the lineup looks great :)
    Posted by Slykllist
    If the site doesn't host Omaha tours in festivals like UKOPS, for a example a 5.50 one which is an affordable and small buy-in, people won't give it a go. It's the whole buzz of the festival that will thrill the Omaha newbie to give the game a go.

If you don't promote the game, you won't get any players to try it.
  • edited October 2012
    +1 to the inclusion of PLO comps.
  • edited October 2012
    If i sat into a tourne which i have either A) already bought into    or B)  already satted into.  Will we get the money equivalent ?

Basically most nights i wont get in from work around half 8.

So im obviously not going to try and sat in to events, if i will just blind away for 30 mins.
  • edited October 2012
    If you already have a seat, you will get the cash equivalent.

If you sat in and then cancel your registration - you will NOT get the cash
  • edited October 2012
    But if i buy in (i already have a seat)  , win a sat.  Surely can then cancel my own registration that i payed for ,  get mym oney back.  Then buy in at half 8 ? 
  • edited October 2012
    yo, sorry im a drooler.

Get bracelt for winning MINI too?
  • edited October 2012
    HI Guys,

I can answer a couple of the questions/points here

Firstly the majority of UKOPs main events already have the 250/500 & 500/1k levels, you can see the structure in the lobby pop up as normal. They also have sky poker's usual 10/20 opening level omitted, which was for the same reasons you have mentioned.

The mini events by in large do not have these levels and the blinds/starting stacks may differ from the main events, this is due to consideration of the expected field sizes (more than treble the runners in the main events in some cases) to ensure a reasonable finishing time. We appreciate some players would like to have a 'like-for-like mini event, however we decided this approach was more appropriate for the majority of players at this buy-in level.

The exceptions are the main event which has the super roller 15 minute structure and stack size plus the speed event of course.

We appreciate the disappointment regarding the omission of Omaha this time, it was considered but omitted for a number of reasons. When we ran UKOPs 12 months ago we had an Omaha main event, it barely hit the guarantee, despite being heavily subsidised by us through guaranteeing seats at considerable cost (more than we made in tournament fees for the event). The rest of the series as all of you who played it would know was a great success and broke records on runners, prizepools etc for all the hold em events.

For the Mini Xmas UKOPs last year we moved Omaha to a side event, we also added a Hi Lo Sidey. both were around £11 price point and had roughly £2k and £1k guarantees with satellites etc. There was significant overlay in both tournaments (the only 2 tournaments all week to overlay) as again the hold em events set new records. For site traffic these were the busiest 4 days (27th - 30th Dec from memory) in the site's history and yet we still couldn't cover those fairly modest numbers.

Therefore this time, we've decided to omit Omaha, as whilst we could more than likely cover £500 guarantees, it wouldn't fit into the schedule of a mini, main or side event.

Hopefully this sheds some light on some of the reasons behind these types of decisions we make. Whilst we cant go into our reasoning in every case (there will at times be factors which we cant disclose) we're happy to be as open as possible.

Best Wishes

Adam

EDIT - In fact the high roller also has the 250/500 and 500/1k levels too, so i believe it's just the main & speed that differ as far as i am aware. Adam

• edited October 2012
    I'm loving the idea of the smaller buy in events.

I'm definately going to be having ago at a few of them!!
  • edited October 2012
    +1 to the inclusion of PLO comps.
    Posted by beaneh
    +2 come on sky give plo a chance dont have such a large payout, its a festival of poker after all.
  • edited October 2012

great news! def gonna try to sat into the big ones.

Are there going to be sats for the side events too btw???

• edited October 2012
    I don't know if allready suggested if not here goes, could you please run a league to go with the ukops, for the main, side and mini.

over the 8 nights the top 10 in each league (main,side and mini) play a final to become ukops league champion.
    league points could be runners/postion. i.e  300 runners / 3rd place = 100pts  300 runners / 245 place = 1.2pts

So the more you play the more points you could get for league table.

Just a thought and hope will get the go ahead, please leave thoughts if you think like me that this would work/good idea??

Gl all at the tables.
  • edited October 2012
    yo, sorry im a drooler. Get bracelt for winning MINI too?
    Posted by bolly580
    ...?
  • edited October 2012
    The problem with the Omaha events on the last festival was that you had only two, and both were on the same night. More sensible scheduling may have improved number of entrants perhaps?
  • edited October 2012
    The problem with the Omaha events on the last festival was that you had only two, and both were on the same night. More sensible scheduling may have improved number of entrants perhaps?
    Posted by FCHD
    Possibly, you msy well be correct.

You could also take the view that having them on seperate nights would make the problem WORSE, not better.