You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS goss......

2»

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Right, now UKOPS is almost up on us and close enough for me to know my own plans for the next 2 weeks, I want to focus on qualifying for those UKOPS events that I know I will be online for.

So........

1) I'm ready to play the supersats, where are they?

From Solack's post on the 15th, looks like they were dropped 10 days ago, this close to UKOPS, I'd have thought they would now be successful (if they weren't before), particularly as there doesn't appear to be any further opportunities to sat into UKOPS 1, 2, 3 and 4 until the day of the event.

2) Same question as Wacko, will there be sats for the respective side events, when will they be running?

I want to play UKOPS, I am now thinking about UKOPS, when a week ago it was very much to the back of my mind, so please SKY lets see the opportunities to qualify increase as the days to the launch decrease.

Thank you :)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: UKOPS goss......:
    Right, now UKOPS is almost up on us and close enough for me to know my own plans for the next 2 weeks, I want to focus on qualifying for those UKOPS events that I know I will be online for. So........ 1) I'm ready to play the supersats, where are they? From Solack's post on the 15th, looks like they were dropped 10 days ago, this close to UKOPS, I'd have thought they would now be successful (if they weren't before), particularly as there doesn't appear to be any further opportunities to sat into UKOPS 1, 2, 3 and 4 until the day of the event. 2) Same question as Wacko, will there be sats for the respective side events, when will they be running? I want to play UKOPS, I am now thinking about UKOPS, when a week ago it was very much to the back of my mind, so please SKY lets see the opportunities to qualify increase as the days to the launch decrease. Thank you :)
    Posted by TheDart
    +1 good post
  • edited October 2012
    I thought I saw it written somewhere but can't find it now... I take it the normal "Main event" 8pm tournaments will not run during the UKOPS week?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    You are correct, Lord Charles.

• edited October 2012
    Will there be sats into the Side events? If so when will these be running?
    Posted by Wacko90
    Hi Wacko,

I don't know for sure, so will ask, but my assumption is yes, there may well be Sats "on the day" for the UKOPS Sideys. I will ask though, & let you know.

• edited October 2012
    Right, now UKOPS is almost up on us and close enough for me to know my own plans for the next 2 weeks, I want to focus on qualifying for those UKOPS events that I know I will be online for. So........ 1) I'm ready to play the supersats, where are they? From Solack's post on the 15th, looks like they were dropped 10 days ago, this close to UKOPS, I'd have thought they would now be successful (if they weren't before), particularly as there doesn't appear to be any further opportunities to sat into UKOPS 1, 2, 3 and 4 until the day of the event. 2) Same question as Wacko, will there be sats for the respective side events, when will they be running? I want to play UKOPS, I am now thinking about UKOPS, when a week ago it was very much to the back of my mind, so please SKY lets see the opportunities to qualify increase as the days to the launch decrease. Thank you :)
    Posted by TheDart

Hi Darty,

See my previous Post for Q2.

Q1 - Supersats - I hope so, but I don't know for sure. The Supersats that originally ran, 2 weeks ago (?) were not very popular, so they were dropped after 4 or 5 nights, but hopefully, they will return & be better supported. My view - fwiw, which is not much - is that Supersats too far ahead of the Event are rarely popular, as poker players tend to think in short timeframes when qualifying for Tourneys. We shall see. I'll ask the question.

• edited October 2012

I just wrote to Them Upstairs, & got an insta-reply.

They do NOT currently plan to run any further Super-Sats. Can't really argue with thaty, they were not well-received last time. My Nan used to say "once burnt, twiice shy", or something....

They WILL be runing a satellite programme into the UKOPS "Side"s, these will be "on the day".

Quick thank you to Joe at Head Office, who answered so quickly. Here he is pictured below. 

SIG.

• edited October 2012
    I just wrote to Them Upstairs, & got an insta-reply. They do NOT currently plan to run any further Super-Sats. Can't really argue with thaty, they were not well-received last time. My Nan used to say "once burnt, twiice shy", or something.... They WILL be runing a satellite programme into the UKOPS "Side"s, these will be "on the day".   Quick thank you to Joe at Head Office, who answered so quickly. Here he is pictured below.  SIG.
    Posted by Tikay10

As you can tell....I'm trying to grow a beard for UKOPS
  • edited October 2012
    Tikay,

Thanks for the speedy answers and the picture :)

Can't say I understand the thinking from 'upstairs' regarding the supersats, to me it's all about timing.

It's a bit like running a cricket league in the winter and then saying well that wasn't very popular so we are not going to play cricket in the summer anymore!

Anyway, hopefully there will be some quality alternatives to to the supersats.
  • edited October 2012
    The best feeling in poker when you get dealt aces first hand in the main event of the WSOP (Very thinly veiled brag there!)

Matt